• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Back issues - Transfer backpack at bus station in Sarria

slkochster

Time of past OR future Camino
Jun 25
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well.
I was wondering if there is a service that could transport my backpack from the Sarria bus station at 14:15 (2:15 pm) to go to my next destination in Morgade that evening? It looks like these services usually do their transports at 8 or 9 am but I was hoping there might be a trusted service that does transports later in the day?

I have some back issues and I think hiking with no backpack would be the safer choice. Even though I was planning on walking with my backpack I just don't want to flare up my back.

Thank you for your help!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
SYates, I got so excited with your link as they seem to be much cheaper than expected. However, we will be starting from SJPdP at the beginning of March and their website states they dont start til April. Any other suggestions?

Regards

@Gumba With the pilgrim numbers going up each year, they might start earlier in 2018 ;-) If not, there is also http://www.expressbourricot.com/ and others, you will see plenty of advertising for this kind of service once on the way. However, you will still need the essentials (water, food, rain gear, warm jumper, first aid kit etc.) in your day back, so the difference in kilos might not be as much as you think. As you stated, the costs for luggage transport do add up, you might consider to invest this kind of money into (ultra)light gear and preserve your freedom to stop where you want to stop and not having to walk to where your backpack is. Buen Camino, SY

@SYates - thanks for the advice. My thinking is that starting off at the beginning of March we will be taking extra for warmth. We are planning on carrying day packs for food, water, first aid and anything else we need. I know the let down for us will be that we need to plan ahead but the reality is we will probably need to anyway, traveling as a family. Albergues will not bet he mainstay of our accommodation. Thanks very much for the links and advice - much appreciated.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My thinking is that starting off at the beginning of March we will be taking extra for warmth
I don't think there is a significant difference. You still need to be prepared for the same range of conditions most of the year, even though you might need it less often.

For example, what item would you need in March that you wouldn't need in May?

@C clearly, fair enough - more longer shirts and pants, but I guess that doesn't make the pack that much heavier.. Due to injuries we will not be in a position to carry our packs regardless. This is a significant hurdle for us though - if we are unable to find an organisation to transport our luggage on a daily basis as we are unable to change the time (early March). It will also mean putting our Camino on hold for 10 years or so :(

more longer shirts and pants
By all means, use bag transport as appropriate and necessary! Even so, I'd recommended that you keep your packing to a minimum. I was addressing the common assumption that the season significantly affects the weight of things you need. Maybe in summer I would bring a short sleeved t-shirt whereas in winter I would only bring a long sleeved one. In summer, one of my long sleeved shirts would be a "sun-protection" style whereas in winter it would be intended for warmth. Perhaps in winter I would have one additional light layer. The total weight difference would be minimal. In mid-summer, many people would use a liner rather than a sleeping bag, but I prefer to carry a sleeping bag at any time.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.