Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Bag/luggage transport on CF

katie@camino

Year of past OR future Camino
CF, SJPDP-Finisterre 2016;CP (Central) Porto-SdC 2017;CP (Coastal) Porto-SdC 2018;CF Leon-SdC 2019
Does anyone know if bag/luggage transport is currently available on Camino Frances?

I might arrive somewhere along the CF (not sure exactly where yet) with a suitcase and will need it transported to SdC.

Thanks!

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Does anyone know if bag/luggage transport is currently available on Camino Frances?

I might arrive somewhere along the CF (not sure exactly where yet) with a suitcase and will need it transported to SdC.

Thanks!
You can use Correos to send your suitcase to Santiago.

uku

Thanks!

CaminoFácil is very good. We used it around León two weeks ago for a day without backpack. Very reliable and friendly. Booking on the website worked fine. The website says they are available all over the CF.

Camino Frances (2015, 2017, 2019) and plans for 2021 (Sept, Oct)
Other than backpack transport from St Jean to Roncesvalles (via Express Bouricott), we have reservations to send our backpacks ahead every day via Jacotrans. The last two caminos we sent my wife's backpack ahead every day and their service is flawless and inexpensive. Bob

Walking Lover

CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.

Thanks!
Correos is part of the postal service, so it should be operating. You can google Correos and set up transfer before ever leaving home.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
You will definitely need to make arrangements in advance about where your luggage is being sent in SdC. I believe Correos will hold the bag but they have limits, Ivar is a resource but he has turned baggage holding over to Michael, The Wise Pilgrim.

katie@camino

CF, SJPDP-Finisterre 2016;CP (Central) Porto-SdC 2017;CP (Coastal) Porto-SdC 2018;CF Leon-SdC 2019
Thankyou all. Good to know that bag transport is still available in many forms!

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
You will definitely need to make arrangements in advance about where your luggage is being sent in SdC. I believe Correos will hold the bag but they have limits, Ivar is a resource but he has turned baggage holding over to Michael, The Wise Pilgrim.
On the Correos website which I linked to it shows the costs for different sized bags and different lengths of time. For example 15kg and 45 days storage is 34.99€.
Screenshot_20210628-052730_Firefox.jpg

Lisi

Nil
Hi, so Casa Ivar is not providing the bag storage service anymore? I will look up for more info re the Wise Pilgrim then!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads