• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Marker, 19,557.6kms to go!

hel&scott

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2004 St Jean - Santiago, 2008 &18 Seville - Finesterre, 2010 Ferrol - Lisbon, 2012 from Cartehenga.
Hello, my name is Hel, I am a Camino addict. It's been a year since my last Camino and while I havent really stopped walking, I haven't touched my pack since my last Camino. Don't talk to me about 10 step programs, this just sets me off again, although I would like to thank my sponsors on the forum who help keep me on the straight and narrow... Even if I am more likely to be diverted to the path less travelled.

Scott once worked out the distance from our farm to Finisterre, so if a Camino really does start at your door step, this is our first marker. It incorporates tiles collected from all the various ways we have walked, and aptly enought it points to a stand of chestnuts where the pigs hang out, our very own patch of tansplanted Galicia. Odd though it points North East, as this is the shortest route rather then the South West circumference which is slightly longer.image.jpeg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That's one mighty set of Floaties you're going to need... 🏊‍♀️
Love your tiled marker; I just might steal that...er...the idea, not your actual marker! 😇
Then again, you are just across The Ditch; can't be that much difference in total distance from NZ & Tassie...might just have to chip out & change a number or two! 😁
👣 🌏

Last edited:
We are thinking of getting a Camino obelisk made to stand outside our farmhouse here in the Lake District...but your 19000+ km easily beats our 2200+ :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Love your tiled marker; I just might steal that...er...the idea, not your actual marker! 😇 Then again, you are just across The Ditch; can't be that much difference in total distance from NZ & Tassie...might just have to chip out & change a number or two! 😁👣 🌏
You are welcome to the idea, but stealing the marker might be difficult, if you did manage to get past the ravionous pigs, the marker is rather large and heavy. It's also well guarded by my beloved old dog, if you look closely you will see his paw prints in the tiles, after years of accompanying me on Camino training he now rests beneath it.

You are welcome to the idea, but stealing the marker might be difficult, if you did manage to get past the ravionous pigs, the marker is rather large and heavy. It's also well guarded by my beloved old dog, if you look closely you will see his paw prints in the tiles, after years of accompanying me on Camino training he now rests beneath it.
Well...that makes it even more special. What a beautiful memorial for a beloved pet.
Fear not...your marker shall remain in its rightful place.
The idea however, may be borrowed...& not just by me!
Happy trails 🙂
👣 🌏

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back