• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Planning end OCT Beginning NOV 2024 - route suggestions?

SVL

Time of past OR future Camino
Cami Catala, Frances, Primitivo
Hello Camino Friends,
starting to plan a short (10-14 day) camino with a camino novice NEXT YEAR, last week of OCT into first week of NOV 2024
any suggestions re: routes & services (albergues) during that time? AND WEATHER considerations?
gracias,
sue from SF

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
already enjoyed walking the Frances, Primitivo & Aragones...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
i believe he's completely flexible about it - either way would be fine.

I would definitely consider a part of the Frances for that time of year, with a novice, etc Maybe Leon to Santiago for a Compostela, or Pamplona to Leon? ...Enjoy, Sue!

Hello Camino Friends,
starting to plan a short (10-14 day) camino with a camino novice NEXT YEAR, last week of OCT into first week of NOV 2024
any suggestions re: routes & services (albergues) during that time? AND WEATHER considerations?
gracias,
sue from SF
For a nice two week Camino for a novice I tend to recommend the Portugues from Porto. It fits the time frame well, has lots of infrastructure enabling lots of flexibility - always good for a first Camino where you are still discovering your body's needs and preferences on a long, multi-day walk, and gives the feeling of a complete Camino with a Compostela to boot. It also gives a chance to experience Portuguese as well as Spanish culture. And, it seems, would give you a chance to walk a new route as well.

In terms of the weather. As we all know, who can predict the weather two weeks from now, never mind NEXT YEAR? I walked it in October 2018. At the start of October it was still quite hot, 30+. It started to cool down to something nicer mid-October. I don't think it should be too cold late October/early Nov but who knows? Everything should be open in terms of albergues/services in October. I'm not so sure in November, but the route gets lots of traffic and I expect that, even if some albergues are closed in November there will still be plenty of choice within the last 100 km, which is where you'd be in November.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I always say that a first Camino should end in Santiago, so I'd say either a Português as David has suggested, or the final bits of the Francès -- including because of the time period envisaged, just for reasons of finding accommodation. Places do start to close down after mid-October, but the closer you are to Santiago, the easier it is.

Gracias all for your thoughtful responses, advice & suggestions - sounds like a few days on the Portugues will probably be in our 2024 estrellas with a bonus week enjoying the Santiago - Finisterre - Muxia route - i'm making that the official suggestion for my novice camino amigo -
getting very excited & so much appreciate this camino community.
gracias again!

sounds like a few days on the Portugues will probably be in our 2024 estrellas
Make sure that you start at least 100 km from Santiago so that your friend can earn a Compostela. He may not care about it before you start, but could change his mind.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back