• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can I buy Hokas along the Portugues route?

spainenthusiast68

Time of past OR future Camino
Sep 2023
Hi! We are about to walk the Portugues and I may need to buy a second pair of Hoka shoes while or after walking due to wear. Does anyone know what stores in Porto, Santiago or the larger cities in between might sell Hoka? We are not seeing them at Decathlon in Lisbon while here. Thanks!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi! We are about to walk the Portugues and I may need to buy a second pair of Hoka shoes while or after walking due to wear. Does anyone know what stores in Porto, Santiago or the larger cities in between might sell Hoka? We are not seeing them at Decathlon in Lisbon while here. Thanks!
If the shoes are fairly new you should have no problem with them lasting your entire journey. Are you starting in Porto? Even if you were starting in Lisbon a newish pair should last the entire way. If they are already rather worn you would probably be better off to buy a new pair before you leave home - wear them a couple of times to make sure that there are no manufacturing defects.

If the shoes are fairly new you should have no problem with them lasting your entire journey. Are you starting in Porto? Even if you were starting in Lisbon a newish pair should last the entire way. If they are already rather worn you would probably be better off to buy a new pair before you leave home - wear them a couple of times to make sure that there are no manufacturing defects.
Thanks. i have been wearing Hokas for years and unfortunately both my husband and I only get a short amount of wear on them. And by the time I am done with the Camino, the new pair I have just started wearing will need to be replaced, because I am continuing onward for another four weeks around Europe. I’ve been wearing for five days in Lisbon, now headed to Porto on Saturday and starting the camino on 9/20. I walk 10-12 miles a day in “real life” and they wear out on me very quickly - as soon as the treads begin to wear I start to have hip pain, so I need to have options available.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The Hoka store locator (https://www.hoka.com/en/pt/store-locator.html) shows two retailers in Porto, and retailers in Barcelos and Ponte de Lima. One of the stores in Porto appears to be close to Campanha, the bus/train/metro interchange, which is relatively easy to get to from most places in the city. The other one might not be too far from the Central route if you are walking on that.

My only concern about any of these stores would be whether they have a wide range of product. I don't have a wide range of experience with smaller outdoor retailers in Portugal. The couple that I have visited did not have a wide range available in store, but always expressed willingness to get in an alternative model of a brand they were carrying in my size. It seems to me to be an option to decide where you will buy the shoes, contact the store and confirm that they have the model and size you need in stock or can get them in for you.

The other option if you already know the size and model you want, would be to buy them online and have them delivered to wherever you plan to stay in Porto. You might want to confirm that they are prepared to accept a parcel and store it on your behalf until you arrive.

I have also consulted the household online shopping expert, and she reminded me that many online stores will deliver to a 'delivery-point', some location like a bookstore, supermarket or the like, where you can collect your items. Clearly that needs you to get to the delivery point during their trading hours and before the expiry of the wait time, usually about 14 days. These delivery points are identified during the online ordering process if they exist. She thinks Amazon will do this, but she has also used this approach with specific stores that provide an online ordering service elsewhere in Europe.

Last edited:
If you can make it to Santiago, you will have options.

Two shops Piteira Sport and Atleet Deportes Caneda, are less than a 10-minute walk from the cathedral. I saw a great selection of Hokas in one of them, just can't remember which. But both shops are very close to each other and I believe both carried Hokas.

There is also a Decathlon in Santiago, but it is about 5km away from the cathedral.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks. i have been wearing Hokas for years and unfortunately both my husband and I only get a short amount of wear on them. And by the time I am done with the Camino, the new pair I have just started wearing will need to be replaced, because I am continuing onward for another four weeks around Europe. I’ve been wearing for five days in Lisbon, now headed to Porto on Saturday and starting the camino on 9/20. I walk 10-12 miles a day in “real life” and they wear out on me very quickly - as soon as the treads begin to wear I start to have hip pain, so I need to have options available.
My hokas lasted beautifully for the entire Norte but I attribute that largely to using Superfeet inserts. Any way you can get a pair of superfeet?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I just finished the Camino and Hokas seem to be the official shoe! They’re great! I saw a shop in Santiago that sells them. Bom Camino

I just finished the Camino and Hokas seem to be the official shoe! They’re great! I saw a shop in Santiago that sells them. Bom Camino
I just saw Hokas for sale in Ribadesella (Norte) just FYI. First time I have seen them in a small(ish) town

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back