• In case you had not seen it, there is a new link in the top menu to the most popular contents on the forum from the last 90 days, 1 year and all the way from the beginning in 2004.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Can I start in Muxia

2020 Camino Guides

kessey11

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte/ camino de la costa (June/July 2016)
I am entering the last few days of my Camino to Santiago and have planned for 2 extra days that I won't need. I would like to walk some of the finisterre Camino; particularly Muxia to Finisterre.
Is it possible to bus from Santiago to Muxia and get a credential in order to walk from Muxia to Finisterre?

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
You can just use your existing credencial, no need for a new one, unless you want to. Then pick one up at the pilgrims office. Buen Camino, SY

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
You do not need a new Credencial to walk from Muxia to Finisterre or vice versa; just use the same Credencial that brought you to Santiago.

Enjoy your journey!

kessey11

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte/ camino de la costa (June/July 2016)
So it is possible to start it in Muxia rather than from Santiago?

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Why does it matter? Is there some kind of certificate for walking to Muxia or Finisterre??

A

Anemone del Camino

You can start whereever you want and don't even need a credencial as most albergues are not reserved for pilgrims and are happy to welcome anyone. To be sure jut visit the Eroski site, it tells you which are open to anyone.

A

Anemone del Camino

Don't you have to jave walked from Santiago to get the Fisterana & Muxiana? Walking the 30km between the two doesn't get you anything, well, anything but a beautiful walk.
Yes there are certificates issued by both towns if you can show that you walked all the way.

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Last edited:

jerbear

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia
Just walked from muxia to finnesterre.piece of cake. Got my certificate at private alburge for muxia did the coast of morte from malpica to muxia. Now finnesterre on the Camino de Santiago. Enjoy

obinjatoo@yahoo.com

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2012 Dieppe, FR Bici CF.
2014 Ruta Vasco/CF/Primativo
I walked from Santiago to Muxia first. It was beautiful and so relaxed. Stayed in Muxia for 3 days, really lovely. Then walked to Finisterre in one day. There were 4 of us and it was glorious. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I think I came home with like 4 cerificates. It was also the 800 year anniversary of St. Francis so the Franciscan monestary in Santiago was also offering a certificate.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 48 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%