A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Casa rural in Vianas just canceled

Camino Badges

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 2017-Camino Primitivo
April 2019-Camino de Invierno
I’ve had a room booked with the casa rural in Penasillas for months. Emailed them to reconfirm since we start walking next week. They cancelled and said the booked a group instead!
Never bothered to email me to let me know. I leave today for Spain and now have to either take a taxi last that area or double back.
Second time on this Camino that a private place has cancelled on me in favor of a group.
Be warned.

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
It got resolved. The owners booked us into the same hotel we have for the night before at their cost. So we’ll taxi back to Chantada from Penasillas and then taxi in the morning to pick up the trail.
Apparently it was a miscommunication with her husband who made the initial booking. Whatever, she was very apologetic and made it right.
At the Anchorage airport now and heading for our overnight layover in Portland Oregon.

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Glad to hear that things turned out all right and there was no need to worry further.
Well, we’ll see how it goes. This backtracking thing isn’t sitting well with us. But what else can we do? Just gotta roll with it. It will still be a great trip I’m sure.
We are overnighting in Portland and still have a full 24 hrs of travel ahead of tomorrow. Another early morning flight :-(
See you all on the other side. I’ll post along the Camino with updates for those of you coming after us.

Irene

SSojourn

Camino(s) past & future
2019 Plan walk solo in April. SJP to St. James, Santiago
It got resolved. The owners booked us into the same hotel we have for the night before at their cost. So we’ll taxi back to Chantada from Penasillas and then taxi in the morning to pick up the trail.
Apparently it was a miscommunication with her husband who made the initial booking. Whatever, she was very apologetic and made it right.
At the Anchorage airport now and heading for our overnight layover in Portland Oregon.
Yeah, all is well on the Camino. Buen Camino.

Thomas V

Camino(s) past & future
FRANCES, St. Jean to Santiago, 2016
Camino Frances #2 Pamplona to Leon 2017
Best of luck... we had to backtrack on out first Camino, got a ride from a couple of VERY old priest..lol it just added to a great adventure.

Glamgrrl

Camino(s) past & future
Travel318
Fellow Alaskan here. Walked Frances last year! I’ll follow your adventure. Lots of flight time ahead still!! Safe travels.

MileHighPair

Camino(s) past & future
2012, '14: Frances
2015: Chimayo, USA.
2016, '17: VdlP
2018: Madrid, Ourense, Salvador, Primitivo
Buen Camino! Looking forward to hearing about your pilgrimage!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Well, we’ll see how it goes. This backtracking thing isn’t sitting well with us. But what else can we do? ...
Ahem, stay in municipal/private albergues maybe? It worked for me more or less on the whole Invierno...

Anyway Buen Camino!

StFina

Camino(s) past & future
CF, June 2012
CF, July 2012
CF, September 2016
Camino Primitivo, May 2017, followed by Camino Frances, late May, 2017
There is nothing anywhere near Penasillas, no albergues either municipal or private.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
There is nothing anywhere near Penasillas, no albergues either municipal or private.
It's always possible to ask in local bar/restaurante and just wing it. When I was walking Invierno in 2014 there should be no bar in Penasillas but it was. Oh, what a merry pilgrim I was :)
So either ask or taxi back to Chantada (6km - shouldn't be much more than 10€). Anyway I found Chantada - Rodeiro stage one of the most beautiful on Invierno.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Theatregal Camino de Invierno 2

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%