• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CF Live Leon to Astorga advice needed

MARSKA

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2023
Can anyone recommend an itinerary for Leon to Astorga with a maximum of 25km per day (preferably closer to 20)?
I made it Leon today and plan to spend 2 nights. I am planning my route to Astorga and am having a tough time figuring out where to stay keeping KM's under 25. Ideas?
I have joined 3 other solo women along the Camino and we rented a very nice 2 bedroom apartment in Leon for the next 2 nights. I love the people I'm meeting - beautiful every one!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
@MARSKA, amiga, you've been on Camino for some days now. Some of the lovliest members of this forum have thrown you advice and directions, encouragement and some indicators to more efficient resources than this blessed forum. You are now, today, and without any doubt, an experienced peregrina. Go on, look at Gronze and whichever App you've gone for and amaze yourself by working it out yourself.

10 minutes with a guidebook, App, or dear old Gronze will open the entire Camino world to you if you could but trust yourself to take that next big step. No one, on here, has a better resolution than you! You can guide yourself all the way to Santiago. You can do this. While it's always comforting to have peer group agreement, consensus, approval even: Camino is the magical, out-of-order, border-land where we all discover the absolutely amazing things we can do, all for ourselves. Or it's a self-guided, concierged trip to a single destination. No discoveries other than that it has ended

Go @MARSKA, go Camino :cool:

Can anyone recommend an itinerary for Leon to Astorga with a maximum of 25km per day (preferably closer to 20)?
I made it Leon today and plan to spend 2 nights. I am planning my route to Astorga and am having a tough time figuring out where to stay keeping KM's under 25. Ideas?
I have joined 3 other solo women along the Camino and we rented a very nice 2 bedroom apartment in Leon for the next 2 nights. I love the people I'm meeting - beautiful every one!

See this tool.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi MARSKA!
I walked the Villar de Mazarife variant from Leon start of September !
Here on Gronze.
Day one
Day two.

On day one here. (Valdoncina oncina small village 11 or 12 km from Leon)
in this hotel

Domus Oncinae Fabia C/Real, 7, 24391 Oncina de la Valdoncina, Spain +34 606 803 957​

Wonderful host!
On day two here in ( Villavante 20km from Domus Oncinae Fabia)

Galochas Mill Rural House Villavante Leon CP 24393 SPAIn +34 987 388 546​

Both were excellent stays the mill and Mercedes the owner were wonderful!
Villavante to Astorga day three 20km
Hope this helps
Woody

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Villar de Mazarife is my suggestion as well
Then go to Hospital de Orbido and stay with Arturo at albergue San Miguel
After that it's a short hop to Astorga

That said, I wholeheartedly agree with @Tincatinker Trust yourself YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Case to point - I'm sure nobody on this Forum told you to get friendly with 4 other dolo Peregrinas and rent a 2BR apt, right?
You did it all by your (not so lonesome) self 😊
GO @MARSKA BUEN CAMINO 👍 ❤️

I have walked to Villar de Mazarife and San Martin del Camino. The walk to Villa de Mazarife was nicer. The walk to San Marin de Camino was mostly along the road. I did have one of the best pilgrim meals in San Martin del Camino at Albergue Vieira.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We put our heads together last night and could only come up with a route that had a 30km day
I am puzzled. What resources are you using? On Gronze, the Leon-Mazarife-Astorga stage shows as 31 km, but it actually has about 20 albergues and lodgings spread out in 6 villages along the 31 km.

I expect that any decent guide book or app would have most of the same information.

Leon to Villar de Mazarife, was day 28 for us and took 5.5 hours including cafe stops to walk 22 km.
The other lines follow same pattern.

1697499326792.png

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back