• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dressy comfortable town shoes!

MikeLoya

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2024
Hello everyone! I just completed my first 115km Camino, so right up front: I’m not the most experienced person here and completely acknowledge that. I am Catholic and while deciding on a pair of town shoes, I decided I wanted something that would look nice for church. Yes I know God loves me just as much in crocs, but I felt my own compulsion to make myself more presentable. For those of you who have minimalist shoe tendencies, I really enjoyed wearing Tadeevo shoes. They pack down very flat or even roll up as the sole is in 3 pieces rather than a solid strip of rubber. The rest is leather and I found them to be super comfortable! It just felt like I was wearing slippers around town, which was a nice break from my more supportive but zero drop Altra’s that I walked in all day. I used a nice merino sweater for my wool underlayer (never actually needed it while actually walking as we really lucked out on weather) which looked nice and a little dressier for evening mass. Anyway, I just thought I’d put that out there for anyone who was looking for what I was looking for - comfortable, dressy, and packs down small.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello everyone! I just completed my first 115km Camino, so right up front: I’m not the most experienced person here and completely acknowledge that. I am Catholic and while deciding on a pair of town shoes, I decided I wanted something that would look nice for church. Yes I know God loves me just as much in crocs, but I felt my own compulsion to make myself more presentable. For those of you who have minimalist shoe tendencies, I really enjoyed wearing Tadeevo shoes. They pack down very flat or even roll up as the sole is in 3 pieces rather than a solid strip of rubber. The rest is leather and I found them to be super comfortable! It just felt like I was wearing slippers around town, which was a nice break from my more supportive but zero drop Altra’s that I walked in all day. I used a nice merino sweater for my wool underlayer (never actually needed it while actually walking as we really lucked out on weather) which looked nice and a little dressier for evening mass. Anyway, I just thought I’d put that out there for anyone who was looking for what I was looking for - comfortable, dressy, and packs down small.

Looks great!

I have my lightweight Campers for colder Caminos.

Warmer seasons my Ecco sandals.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Looks great!

I have my lightweight Campers for colder Caminos.

Warmer seasons my Ecco sandals.
Those campers are very nice! I hadn’t seen those before. Failing to view in a language other than Dutch but they look comfortable and look like they’re leather?

Those campers are very nice! I hadn’t seen those before. Failing to view in a language other than Dutch but they look comfortable and look like they’re leather?
Here's the US site:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I love a gorgeous shoe. On caminos I have to compromise, even as I want to eat in nice places sometimes, and go to art galleries and so forth…
There is a shoe company out of Toledo, Spain called Uin. They make really nice canvas slip-ons that are wide in the toe-box so great for us walkers… And they come in charming prints that make them stylish for church, museums, cafes etc. They wash up nicely, are designed to have the heel collapse to wear as a slide/mule if you want, and most importantly: they are very very lightweight.

Edit to add: that in fact at the little chapel beside the Pilgrim Office last year, Fr. Manny complimented my shoes. I have the Kitty pattern and a sort of abstract pattern. I was wearing the kitty version last summer.

I love a gorgeous shoe. On caminos I have to compromise, even as I want to eat in nice places sometimes, and go to art galleries and so forth…
There is a shoe company out of Toledo, Spain called Uin. They make really nice canvas slip-ons that are wide in the toe-box so great for us walkers… And they come in charming prints that make them stylish for church, museums, cafes etc. They wash up nicely, are designed to have the heel collapse to wear as a slide/mule if you want, and most importantly: they are very very lightweight.

Edit to add: that in fact at the little chapel beside the Pilgrim Office last year, Fr. Manny complimented my shoes. I have the Kitty pattern and a sort of abstract pattern. I was wearing the kitty version last summer.
Those are pretty cool! Especially if you want to make it colorful for Easter! They kind of remind me of Toms brand but more colorful.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Anyway, I just thought I’d put that out there for anyone who was looking for what I was looking for - comfortable, dressy, and packs down small.
As I tell everyone buy Toms. They have great shoes that are light and easy to pack but they also do AMAZING philanthropic work. GIving away and donating many millions of dollars each year.
I bet Jesus would buy Toms ;) ❤️

Those are pretty cool! Especially if you want to make it colorful for Easter! They kind of remind me of Toms brand but more colorful.
They have more structure than Tom's -- proper arch support etc. The upper is not floppy... And there are leather options if you don't mine the extra heft.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
No one makes cute women's shoes in 12E/46 or 48. Also why I can't go below a 36L pack... ;)

God gets a pair of ballet flats with an insole, which I use instead of packing a pair of shower flip flops. They dry reasonably well.
Try the Uin shoes that I posted... because they are unisex for the most part. A Japanese man I met in Santiago was so enamoured of my kitty pattern that he went off promptly to order for himself.

These are super cute!!! Love them!

I need a wide shoe in the front and have found Sketchers fit me the best - especially as my foot expands as the day goes along. I just found these "work shoes" that are light weight and slip resistant that I picture a waiter or factory worker who is on their feet all day wearing. Skechers Work Relaxed Fit: Cottonwood - Elks SR. I'll be using them on all my trips from now on.
77041EC_BLK.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Those are very cute!

Wow -- checked out their website. I'm in love. I see several pair that I really want and that my wife will insist I really do not need. I'm curious about the weight and arch support (I'm guessing little if any, but I'd just add an orthotic).

And Solvang, CA? Great place to be from, especially if you are an oenophile. Best wine I've had in the US was in a restaurant in Solvang. And the food was darn good too.

Most read last week in this forum

I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I had bought the long Camino banner-style map in Santiago and finally got around to having it framed. The framers managed to tear my map and I'm in need of a replacement. Does anyone know where...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.