Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Drove to Sarria today

Arn

Veteran Member
Ivar,

I must admit...I stopped and went back to the photo section for the CF and "rewalked" the Way from Sarria into SDC. Then I thought of where I was in my planning this time last year. The hubris, the confidence...truly, the pride goeth before the fall.

I am even more convinced than ever I will walk the Way again this year.

Saludos my friend,
Arn

Javier

Re: To Ivar

Your Portomarin photo withot cars.- :D :D :eek:

Saludos

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Beautiful photos Ivar - but not a gravelly rutted path in sight: no steep uphill dirt trails through canopied corriedors: no cowshit-and-mud lanes between barns and dry stone walled fields: no paths through Eucalyptus forests? You have sussed out the distance but the camino has hidden the true paths from you!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
You have sussed out the distance but the camino has hidden the true paths from you!
I know. One of the products of my new adventure would be organizing group-walks from Sarria to Santiago. In one of these first groups, I will be a member. I need to walk it!

Saludos,
Ivar

Arn

Veteran Member
Ivar admitted: I need to walk it!

While that's obviously a personal decision I believe a solid business one.

I know of at least six times I ducked my head into a possible lodging location and, upon seeing a Compostela and sellos on the wall above the check in desk...I was sold!

I believe the same will ring true with your new adventure...sort of a "been there...done that...got the t-shirt" thing. By the way, don't forget to make a t-shirt part of the package for your walking tour folks. May a suggest a 50-50% cotton/poly pro so that it can easily dry when wet.

Buen what a super idea Camino,

Arn

Deirdre

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
¡jolín, guapa!

How about, "Sarria missed ya last week"???

Buen Camino,

Advertisement

Booking.com