• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Earplugs!

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
Morning all, just a quicky.
A friend of mine suggested using earplugs in albergues.
I've bought some and have been trying them for the last few weeks and so far they seem to work fine. The problem is I can never get them out of my ears in the morning so I've been using the end of my walking pole to push them further in my head until eventually they disappear. Tonight will be pair #36.. my question is is there anywhere I can buy them in bulk as it's getting quite expensive?.
Also for the last couple of weeks every time I sneeze I lose all feeling from my ears to my buttocks for about an hour.. do you think this could be an age related thing?

Thanks and hugs
Andy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
¨Never put anything in your ear that is smaller than your elbow. Also, avoid pepper, do not eat anything bigger than your head and do not attempt to rub bottoms with a porcupine¨ Mr. A. Doctor.

If you are serious about earplugs, beeswax earplugs seem to work best but shrink after a while as a little bit of the wax is always left behind.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you are serious about earplugs, beeswax earplugs seem to work best but shrink after a while as a little bit of the wax is always left behind.
I've always felt a little guilty about beeswax. I'm assuming it doesn't hurt them when it's harvested but it must be slightly distressing for the bees when they're held down and it's collected from their ears?

I've bought some and have been trying them for the last few weeks and so far they seem to work fine. The problem is I can never get them out of my ears in the morning so I've been using the end of my walking pole to push them further in my head until eventually they disappear. Tonight will be pair #36.. my question is is there anywhere I can buy them in bulk as it's getting quite expensive?.
Also for the last couple of weeks every time I sneeze I lose all feeling from my ears to my buttocks for about an hour.. do you think this could be an age related thing?

Thanks and hugs
Andy
I think you need to sneeze harder to get some of those earplugs out your nose.

If it's price that's important, I recommend blowing out your birthday cake candles as soon as possible and then collecting and saving what remains of them for your Camino.
Light one up before each evening and let it drip drip drip the wax into your ears until it has made a nice tight seal.
Next morning, you can recycle the used wax by heating it all up and creating a wax stamp for your own credencial or for the credencial of someone who will surely never forget you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you’re serious about buying earplugs in bulk - or if someone else reading this might be, then Laser Lite by somebody called Leight can be bought in various size packs from amazon. Cheap, cheerful, and do the job!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
For removing embedded earplugs, I recommend inserting a bicycle pump into your mouth, close lips, and pump hard. Make sure there no people directly to your left and right who might be injured by projectiles.
This image deserves more than a simple 🤣 emoji!

Sometimes these funny threads can be too much or too many, and we need to limit them, but I am finding this to be a happy diversion today!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
@MaxHelado, Andy has a rather unique, interesting personality, and has not been on the forum for over a year. I appreciate his clever humor and he often has made me laugh, so I am glad he has resurfaced and started posting again. He often stimulates some lively reactions and replies from others, too.🥳

Thanks and hugs
Andy
😂😂😂😂

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For removing embedded earplugs, I recommend inserting a bicycle pump into your mouth, close lips, and pump hard. Make sure there no people directly to your left and right who might be injured by projectiles.
I laughed, too, but at the same time, I was wondering whether anyone here would do like a Facebook user—assume it is true and re-post it as good advice.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back