• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Eroski's Camino Frances guide in English PDF :)

gregdedman

Hola fellow pilgrims,

Im currently planning my second Camino Frances and during the time of my first, there had always been a PDF guide produced by Eroski that seemed excellent, but unfortunately it was in Spanish.

So, after neglecting my nearest and dearest for a few days I finally managed to translate it and produce a PDF of this guide in English as a bit of a personal project.

Onto the serious bit, I hope im not breaching any copyright, and the document retains the photographer's name for all images it contains.

The site itself is fantastic resource for maps and photos of all the Camino, heres the link to the site itself.http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/
You can visit to preview if its the sort of thing you could use.

The translations are a bit literal in places, please bear with it!

The document contains detailed stage notes, photos of the albergues along that stage, contact info for those albergues (useful this summer for phoning ahead) as well as history, places to see along the way, things to do, and of course maps. Both stage maps and height profile maps.

I hope this is useful in whatever way for anyone walking the camino.

I have done the best to translate the information provided by Eroski and I invite any pilgrims past, present and future to add their own observations to the notes.
Message me or email if you see anything that is out of date or just plain incorrect and I will add or amend.

Its a large file im afriad, 160 ish pages or so in PDF, about 30mb, so ive uploaded to Mediafire, heres the link;

http://www.mediafire.com/?zxyjncnyydm

Its also available to View and download to an array of handheld devices so you can take it with you on your way :)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/32910789

Buen Camino
Greg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You have to post the password :p

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Wow, Greg! So grateful for you posting this. I just downloaded this on my iPad - took seconds. Thank you so much for translating it! Great guide....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What a great resource! Thanks for doing this.

cheers,

thom

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Has anyone downloaded this using an iPhone? If so, could you please tell me how. I can't seem to work it out :( Thanks

The English translation of this guide is painful to me to read. I don't know what translation service was used for the translation, but it is very poor in my opinion. I suggest that people go to the link and read some of the descriptions before they pay for the download.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Falcon... Apple doesn't play with Adobe at all. So no Flash websites or .pdf reading.
You may get another document reader that can though.

The Adobe limitation is one reason I choose Android. :grin:

Tony

Added to this forum using Tapatalk 2

PDF is support for iPhone if you comes in as an attachment in an email. For such a big file, there are better options.

1. If you have a dropbox account you can upload it there and install the free Dropbox iPhone app to access the PDF
2. Same for Box.net account.

The main issue for this document is not whether it can be access via an iPhone but more of the screen size of a smartphone (iPhone or Android).

One really have to pinch to zoom and un-zoom a lot just to see/read the document on a small screen. PDF is not a good format for small screen devices. If the document is converted into an ebook, it would be a little better, at least for the text. Still the maps will be a challenge with more pinching.

Technically, you still have the whole guide on the phone, which is still a good thing, unless your phone battery runs down.

Thanks (I think ;) )

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That was a Great resource to link to - thanks a lot Greg.I've loaded it to my phone with a translation feature for the spanish - the hostal info was very much appreciated - good one man - kiwiDavid

Sharni said:
Has anyone downloaded this using an iPhone? If so, could you please tell me how. I can't seem to work it out :( Thanks

Super easy:
1) Download the free Dropbox app from iTunes.
2) Upload the PDF to Dropbox from your computer.
3) Open the Dropbox app on your phone.
4) Open the PDF in Dropbox.
5) Click the "send" icon on the bottom left.
6) Choose "iBook"

This will save a copy of the PDF to iBooks and allow you to open, read, zoom, etc. the entire document. iBooks saves a copy locally on your phone, so you do not need wifi or phone connection to read it.

On a similar note, I have created my own Camino "guide" that I have put on my phone. I have taken notes from this forum and books, scanned maps, included screen shots of web pages, list of the specialty of each tapas bar on Calle Laurel in Logroño, etc. I then saved it all as a PDF and have it in iBook. It is like traveling with the highlights of every guidebook without the extra weight.

Since I do not have serfs to carry all of my gear (like the Authentic Pilgrims of old), I find that my phone is a great replacement for so many heavy things: guidebook, maps, camera, address book, pictures of loved ones from home, book to read on those lazy afternoons after walking, sudoku puzzles, noise canceling earphones for blocking out snorers, etc.

Oh my.... The sad thing is that philosophically, I am a Luddite. I will strive to not have the phone stand between me and the experience. I will not be texting, emailing, calling home (at least not often....). Instead, I try to think of it as a Swiss Army knife -- a tool with many blades that makes carrying separate knife, corkscrew and tweezers unnecessary. Now I just better not lose it!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back