A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Family of five in one hotel room?

Josh B

Camino(s) past & future
Inglés (2019)
My kids often sleep on the floor in sleeping bags at hotels. Is this OK in Spain or are they strict about buying beds for each guest?Thanks...doing the Ingles June 2019

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes, Aragones-Frances-Finisterre, Operation Sabre, Marin Ramble
The few hotel rooms we stayed in were generally very small - occupation by two adults was even a bit tight! The upscale places, though, were larger but then you have to balance that cost vs. getting two smaller rooms.

J Willhaus

Camino(s) past & future
24 May- 14 July (2016)CF
Hospitalera, Zamora Dec 15-31, (2017), Hospitalera Grañón Dec 15-31 (2018)
We stayed in several "family" rooms in albergues. These had a double bed and several twins. You can call ahead and ask if something similar is available where you plan to stop. If you don't speak Spanish, just ask someone who does to help you make the call.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino frances 2013; Camino portugues 2015; Via francigena 2016
Falcon 269’s advice reminded of a humorous episode several years ago when my brother & I arrived about 2000 at a motel in Scotland. The only room available had only one bed. We asked for a “cot” and went to dinner . The lady at the desk looked at us strangely and when we returned about an hour later there was the “cot”, what we would call a “baby crib!” Seems the term for what we wanted was a “zed-bed.” Ah well, as they say we are two people divided by a common language!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%