• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finding a SIM card at Barcelona Airport.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
Hope I get a response. I am arriving on Saturday in Barcelona to start my camino. I am arriving in Terminal 1 on Level/Iberia Airlines . I know there is a Tech and Fly somewhere in Terminal 1. After I go through customs can someone please tell me where the store is located? I would like to buy a SIM card there. Will they put the card in for me? Also, and I know this may be hard to answer, but do they have a variety of Vodafone pre-paid options like you would find in a Vodafone store and will I be able to renew online just like you can when you buy a pre-paid card at a store. I would prefer Vodafone and I do not want an e-sim card as I am a dummy with technology. All help greatly appreciated.
I would prefer to buy it at the airport as I am sleeping close to the airport for my flight to San Sebastián the next day.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I might be wrong, but I did not see Sim cards in the Tech and Fly catalog. There a Vodafone store relatively close to the airport. Dont know when you are arriving or if they will be open or if it is close to where you are staying according to Google Maps.

Carrer de Ferran Puig, 17, B, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi @lt56ny

ut do they have a variety of Vodafone pre-paid options like you would find in a Vodafone store

Yes - if you can get to a Vodafone store - choose 15€ sim PlanM.
You get more data then you’ll need. Also 800 minutes of international calls included !! Plan is for 28 days.
You can renew online or in a store. I’ve had these put in for me in Madrid and Ávila.
Will they put the card in for me?
Yes. They always do that for me.

Attachments

• IMG_6337.jpeg
    IMG_6337.jpeg
    548.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6336.jpeg
    IMG_6336.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 4
Hope I get a response. I am arriving on Saturday in Barcelona to start my camino. I am arriving in Terminal 1 on Level/Iberia Airlines . I know there is a Tech and Fly somewhere in Terminal 1. After I go through customs can someone please tell me where the store is located? I would like to buy a SIM card there. Will they put the card in for me? Also, and I know this may be hard to answer, but do they have a variety of Vodafone pre-paid options like you would find in a Vodafone store and will I be able to renew online just like you can when you buy a pre-paid card at a store. I would prefer Vodafone and I do not want an e-sim card as I am a dummy with technology. All help greatly appreciated.
I would prefer to buy it at the airport as I am sleeping close to the airport for my flight to San Sebastián the next day.
4 years ago we bought our SIM cards on the Barcelona Airport so I know they're available there. Not sure which terminal we were in. They did not install it for us but did tell us how to do it ourselves. Make sure your phone is unlocked ie., paid for, so you can install the SIM card

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you have a phone which is capable of downloading an esim, then I would explore that option. I wish I had done it before I left so I would have had coverage more. It is very easy to do and I can assure you that mine works great. I switch between my Tmobile sim and my esim easily.
Good luck

4 years ago we bought our SIM cards on the Barcelona Airport so I know they're available there. Not sure which terminal we were in. They did not install it for us but did tell us how to do it ourselves. Make sure your phone is unlocked ie., paid for, so you can install the SIM card
Thanks.
Do you remember if the store was located after you went through customs? Was it the Tech and fly store?

Hi @lt56ny

Yes - if you can get to a Vodafone store - choose 15€ sim PlanM.
You get more data then you’ll need. Also 800 minutes of international calls included !! Plan is for 28 days.
You can renew online or in a store. I’ve had these put in for me in Madrid and Ávila.

Yes. They always do that for me.
Hi Annie. Thanks and I have bought the pre paid plan many times in a Vodafone store in the past. I arrive on Sunday and the stores are closed on Sunday. Also I am sleeping close to the airport.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I might be wrong, but I did not see Sim cards in the Tech and Fly catalog. There a Vodafone store relatively close to the airport. Dont know when you are arriving or if they will be open or if it is close to where you are staying according to Google Maps.

Carrer de Ferran Puig, 17, B, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
I saw this store on the internet and was going to go there. It is not too far from where I am sleeping close to the airport. Unfortunately I arrive on Sunday and it is closed. If worse comes to worst I will walk over Monday morning before I leave for San Sebastián.
Thanks

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.