• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Going for it

Time of past OR future Camino
Ponferrada to Santiago (2019)
Seville to Zafra (2020)
Porto to Santiago (2020)
I had to abort the VDLP in February earlier this year and so now am hoping to complete the Portuges. Leaving London (after Easyjet cancelled) tomorrow - Saturday 4th July with Wizz Air and starting out on Sunday. I will post updates if anyone is interested. Not really expecting to see another soul but it would be good to know someone else was out there

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Maybe no other peregrinos but if you are walking part of the coastal route from Matosinhos, you will surely meet some Spanish and Portuguese holiday makers/locals.
Good luck.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi, which route are you taking ? if its the Central route,we will be waiting for your posts. Have a wonderful camino and God Bless.

Seems that Portugal is not on the UK's list of acceptable destinations - but you'll be returning from Spain though.

But you'll have to spend 14 days in Spain

From 10 July 2020 you will not have to self-isolate when you arrive in England, if you:

• are travelling or returning from one of the travel corridor countries
  • have not been to or stopped in a country that’s not on the travel corridor list in the previous 14 day

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I had to abort the VDLP in February earlier this year and so now am hoping to complete the Portuges. Leaving London (after Easyjet cancelled) tomorrow - Saturday 4th July with Wizz Air and starting out on Sunday. I will post updates if anyone is interested. Not really expecting to see another soul but it would be good to know someone else was out there
Bon Caminho! I never much enjoyed walking in 30+ degree weather but you couldn't leave any earlier now could you. Lot's to see and do it's a fantastic Caminho. Pack extra masks, máscara facial de coronavírus though they are easy to find there - hand sanitizer desinfetante para as mãos - and keep as your matchword abri vossos olhos keep your eyes open!

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Sorry but I am taking the Coastal route. Thank you for your good wishes
The Coastal Route? Beware! In normal times, every day about 1130 restaurants along the way and even the occasional avozinha will fire up a charcoal grill and put the freshest sardines - real fish nothing from a can here! - on the coals. The smell is enchanting, the taste is exquisite, washed down with green wine and you will spend the next hour on a bench savouring the experience and attempting to recover. You have been warned!

The Coastal Route? Beware! In normal times, every day about 1130 restaurants along the way and even the occasional avozinha will fire up a charcoal grill and put the freshest sardines - real fish nothing from a can here! - on the coals. The smell is enchanting, the taste is exquisite, washed down with green wine and you will spend the next hour on a bench savouring the experience and attempting to recover. You have been warned!
Thanks for the warning but I think I will fine - I can resist anything except temptation.

Had to postpone Portuguese Camino from May to next year. Looking forward to updates, may entice us to go this year & 2021!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We were supposed to walk the Camino Portuguese in May. Postponed until next year, when we hope our American friends will be able to join us. Planning instead to fly out in September, to walk the Camino Ingles. Look forward to your reports.

Enjoy your travels, the beautiful scenery, the warm Portuguese people and the wonderful food and wine along the way. We will look forward to reading your updates.

I did Porto to Santiago inland last year, as all the other comments say it's lovely. Bom Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Looking forward to your updates. I'm planning to go in September regardless of whether Portugal are on UK travel list by then or not. If I've spent 5 weeks walking a camino, the idea of sitting at home doing nothing for 2 weeks doesn't sound too bad!

Two wonderful days on the Portugues. The weather is total perfection and I am loving every minute. I will own up to the fact that nervous of the situation regarding the alburgues I have pre booked accommodation on the way. It seems like a safe bet as several alburgues are still closed. The beaches were packed on Sunday but much quieter today. Met a Peregrino from Spain just before Esposende. I am so glad I did this.

Attachments

• 4F35776C-73A6-44EC-9DFA-68FA2140A7BC.jpeg
    4F35776C-73A6-44EC-9DFA-68FA2140A7BC.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 6D18EACB-A0B6-4F70-8E30-D8A8BF0897BC.jpeg
    6D18EACB-A0B6-4F70-8E30-D8A8BF0897BC.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 35
Two wonderful days on the Portugues. The weather is total perfection and I am loving every minute. I will own up to the fact that nervous of the situation regarding the alburgues I have pre booked accommodation on the way. It seems like a safe bet as several alburgues are still closed. The beaches were packed on Sunday but much quieter today. Met a Peregrino from Spain just before Esposende. I am so glad I did this.
Have a great camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Greetings from Baiona. I am so glad I decided to do this. In order to minimise the risks I precooked accommodation. Everywhere has been spotlessly clean. I am sorry to see the Alburgues closed and contributing to it but I don’t know the answer. The weather is sensational and I am loving every step. I have only seen 1 single and a group of 3 others on the Camino. All female and Spanish. If you can get here I would say go for it

Greetings from Baiona. I am so glad I decided to do this. In order to minimise the risks I precooked accommodation. Everywhere has been spotlessly clean. I am sorry to see the Alburgues closed and contributing to it but I don’t know the answer. The weather is sensational and I am loving every step. I have only seen 1 single and a group of 3 others on the Camino. All female and Spanish. If you can get here I would say go for it
that’s pre booked!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Now in Redondela and saw the first other pilgrims. They came in from Tui. It is very hot but certainly not complaining as the blue sky makes the scenery even more spectacular. Vigo least favourite place so far.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I can’t compare the numbers open to ‘before’ but it seems fine. All are very serious about masks (except when actually eating) and hand sanitizers are everywhere.

Now in Caldas de Reis, everything going well. Certainly seen a few more pilgrims since Redondela. I don’t want this to end

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.

kindly stop this! I cant barby in a flat without the fire alarm thinking its the blitz! And ah the memories: enuff to make me slaver at the gob!

Yours aye

samarkand. :)

Good on you, you did it. Safely to Santiago from what I saw in your chat with Ivar and happy to have done it. Bravo!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Dear people, In April, we will cycle from Seville to Santiago de Compostella on our recumbent tandem. It will be our first time cycling a camino and we are really looking forward to it. After...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back