• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Heavy snow in Foncebadon

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

O Cebreiro webcam showing heavy snow too​

somebody on the ground give the camera wave please so we know it's live :p

stay safe peeps

stay safe peeps
The camera is live. I just saw 5 pilgrims walking by.

I know the snowline in Picos was going to be 900 meters, so I guess similar all over.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

stay safe peeps

They are waving to the camera! 😀 A lot of people there it seems!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I remember when there never used to be that many sledders. Ever since that film cool runnings came out its changed, and not for the best. I've also heard some of them don't even carry their sleds back to the top of the hill.
Ok, I had a sled and so did my friends long before the movie. It was a wooden one with runners. If You could get a ride to the top, that was always the fastest way to get to make another trip down. Otherwise you just pulled your sled behind all the way up. Also had the metal saucer kind of sled (like the ine in Christmas Vacation) at one of my grandparents long before that movie, too!

Ok, I had a sled and so did my friends long before the movie. It was a wooden one with runners. If You could get a ride to the top, that was always the fastest way to get to make another trip down. Otherwise you just pulled your sled behind all the way up. Also had the metal saucer kind of sled (like the ine in Christmas Vacation) at one of my grandparents long before that movie, too!
I'm worried this post may be very close to forum rule 6524 which forbids discussion of what a real sledder is.

I had all of the above...wood toboggan, wood sled with metal runners, silver metal saucer, and occasionally I went down on my back wearing my slick "vinyl" winter coat...it took a beating and mom wasn't happy.😂

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well, I live (and hike and camp) where it snows and while that's definitely a snowfall, I wouldn't call it heavy. Snow shoes or cross country skis anyone? And a sled to get down that hill!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Potentially more snow due later today and Monday and Tuesday as freezing level is dropping again. Strong winds in some places too, so a bit of a wild week to be on a Camino.

What a change since yesterday..! Much of the snow is gone now. No more sledges from what I can see.
Yes, it was short-lived. A bit more snow will apparently make its appearance again tomorrow or the day after and then day temperatures are expected to be above zero again and rain is expected.

Yesterday versus today:
24 hours difference.jpg

I had all of the above...wood toboggan, wood sled with metal runners, silver metal saucer, and occasionally I went down on my back wearing my slick "vinyl" winter coat...it took a beating and mom wasn't happy.😂
At my college, there was a tradition of "traying." It's just what it sounds like... sledding on food trays borrowed from the cafeteria.

At my college, there was a tradition of "traying." It's just what it sounds like... sledding on food trays borrowed from the cafeteria.
Clever! Those cooks in the kitchen probably were unhappy if the trays came back dented if they were metal, or broken if made from some sort of plastic.😅

Not much snow around where I live (although quite a bit further south) but I guess that the thrill of going down hill fast is relatively universal and so around here the kids grab a bit of cardboard and find a steep hill.

View attachment VID_20210227_134922.mp4

View attachment VID_20210227_134831.mp4

or we go to the beach and do some sand surfing

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Not much snow around where I live (although quite a bit further south) but I guess that the thrill of going down hill fast is relatively universal and so around here the kids grab a bit of cardboard and find a steep hill.

View attachment 165006

View attachment 165007

or we go to the beach and do some sand surfing

DSCN3708.jpgDSCN3708.jpg Sand surfing is a thing at White Sands National Park in New Mexico, too.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
More snow around O Cebreiro. A short piece in La Voz de Galicia noting that the Guardia Civil are keeping an eye out to offer help for pilgrims walking the Camino there at the moment.

And also another post on Facebook today from El Trasgu in Foncebadon on difficult conditions there.

Last edited:
There's some tiny amounts of sleet coming down with the rain here today at this end of the Camino, on the French Riviera by the Italian border between the Provençal Way to Compostela and the Coastal Way to Rome.

There was snow last week on the summits of the highest peaks on the French-Italian border above Menton.

When it's not like this though, it gets quite warm.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Just incase people haven't spotted this in the media section, it is a beautiful recent video from the snow at Cruz de Ferro.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back