A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Help! Services in Logrono

Camino(s) past & future
Planning April/May 2018
Hi Pilgrims,

As a lot of you might know, I had to unfortunately cancel my Camino last week, 11 hours before flying to SJPDP with an ankle injury. I’ve had time to rest & get a proper diagnosis here in London, so now I’m ready to head to the Camino & join my friends in Logrono.

I’m currently trying to reshuffle all my plans, now flying into Bilbao on Saturday afternoon. Just curious if anyone has any transport recommendations to get down to Logrono (flight lands at 4.15pm) as I’m having trouble finding much in the way of buses at that time?

Also, I’m looking for a luggage courier to transport my second bag to Satiago, but again, I’m having trouble finding a company in Logroño. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks again for all your support. It’s been an incredibly rough few weeks.

Elisha

Camino(s) past & future
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF15, CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF17, CP17, CdN, CM, CF18, LePuy19
You may have to spend Saturday night in Bilbao, with a16h15 arrival, after collecting your bags, getting through customs (it's not a big airport) waiting for the shuttle to downtown: it is going to take at least an hour to get to the bus station.
Check rome2rio for bus and train connections, but if you need a hotel, there is a small, clean place called Hostal San Mames on Luis Brinas about 1/2 block from the bus station. The neighborhood has been under major renovation so it is safe to stay there. Otherwise there are albergues but you will be arriving late so they may be full unless they take reservations. I heard someone mention Clarets End in a recent thread but I don't know where it is exactly.

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2, El Norte incompleto
I did look at that option, however I’m planning to walk out of Logrono on Sunday morning & the post office isn’t open on a Sunday
You could use a luggage transport service to the next town and mail from there (if they have a post office). Or spend a night in Logroño, it's a fun town with a great tapas scene, then mail your suitcase and start walking on Monday.

Camino(s) past & future
Camin0 Frances (2004, 2008), Camino Portugues (2010), Camino del Norte (2012) Via de la Plata planing April92014), CaminoiPortugues (2015.)
then use a backpack and luggage company to send it from Logroño to your next stop (Najera) and on Monday go to Correos and send it to Santiago

Camino(s) past & future
Planning April/May 2018
You could use a luggage transport service to the next town and mail from there (if they have a post office). Or spend a night in Logroño, it's a fun town with a great tapas scene, then mail your suitcase and start walking on Monday.
then use a backpack and luggage company to send it from Logroño to your next stop (Najera) and on Monday go to Correos and send it to Santiago
Fantastic suggestion! Thank you!

MickMac

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Meseta
Frances 2018
Leon-Ponferrada
I used it last year,and will again this August, ticket office at back of terminal bus station great service see web site for times get there a bit early as bus can be full ?

Camino(s) past & future
Planning April/May 2018
I used it last year,and will again this August, ticket office at back of terminal bus station great service see web site for times get there a bit early as bus can be full ?
Brilliant! The website is a bit vague regarding details and the booking section doesn’t seem to work, so it made me feel a bit nervous relying too heavily on the 6.30pm service being legit. Hopefully it’s all systems go when I get there on Saturday

Camino(s) past & future
2035 km of the way to Saint James in Galicia done.
Brilliant! The website is a bit vague regarding details and the booking section doesn’t seem to work, so it made me feel a bit nervous relying too heavily on the 6.30pm service being legit. Hopefully it’s all systems go when I get there on Saturday
The website requires Adobe Flash Player and seems to work for me - it's quite fancy, actually. There are still plenty of seats on this bus at the time of writing, perhaps the screenshot below helps. Bon voyage and buen camino!

Bus Logrono.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
Planning April/May 2018
The website requires Adobe Flash Player and seems to work for me - it's quite fancy, actually. There are still plenty of seats on this bus at the time of writing, perhaps the screenshot below helps. Bon voyage and buen camino!

View attachment 41923
You are an absolute rockstar! Thank you! I’ve only had my phone to rely on hence why it’s been an issue. Fantastic!

Thank you!

MikeyC

Camino(s) past & future
CF - September 2016
CF - April May 2017
Shikoku - October 2017
Kumano Kodo - October 2017
Delighted to hear you are on the road to recovery and hopefully soon on the road to Santiago.
As suggested, use Jacotrans or similar to send your case forward one stage and then post it to Santiago.

This is the Spanish Post Office site with Camino specific services. It is multi language.

www.elcaminoconcorreos.com

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Live - Camino Ingles Camino Ingles- accommodations
Replies
Views

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.5%