A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Hiking poles

2020 Camino Guides

Lue

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, (2013), via de la Plata (2014),
Portuguese (2015), Camino Madrid (2017
I have just completed my fifth Camino (all different), all great experiences. I have been able to carry my poles onboard, I have had my poles taken away, I have left my poles behind on purpose. This year I did not take poles, I found a great set of poles in Madrid in a “dollar” store. 7 euros! I happily left them behind for someone else when we left Santiago.
Buen Camino to all.
Lue 💥

Jean Ti

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Norte, Primitivo, Frances,Via de la Plata

Camino Portuguese november 2019
Thank you for this great idea!

malingerer

Thank you for this great idea!

tut! tut! this is a philistinian attitude! Would your poles do that to you? Take thy pacer poles and do three laps of the Cathedral at Santiago! If you are using lesser breeds then this explains how you have come into error!

Buen Camino!

The Malingerer.

:)

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
For many pilgrims, their Camino is a “one and done” thing. These folks do not plan to come back, or become Camino addicts, like so many of us.

In this context, planning to abandon / donate walking sticks, bicycles, or other gear is not abnormal. I see it near every day when I am working as a volunteer at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago.

I regularly see inexpensive hiking sticks abandoned at the office. Sometimes, pilgrims will donate or abandon name brand, fairly expensive poles. I have even seen abandoned carbon fiber poles.

Also, each year, we see pilgrims looking to donate perfectly good bicycles as well.

Different strokes for different folks... I still have my first set of Leki sticks. The literally saved my life at Alto de Perdon in 2013. Long story, but, I will likely NEVER part with these poles.

I use them at home for training walks. For Camino, I now use a set of Black Diamond Carbon Fiber Z poles. They weigh less, and pack smaller.

Hope this helps.

Jean Ti

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Norte, Primitivo, Frances,Via de la Plata

Camino Portuguese november 2019
tut! tut! this is a philistinian attitude! Would your poles do that to you? Take thy pacer poles and do three laps of the Cathedral at Santiago! If you are using lesser breeds then this explains how you have come into error!

Buen Camino!

The Malingerer.

Screenshot_2019-10-07-15-37-59.png

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF2012,Le Puy/CF 2015 Portugues 2017 Norte 2018, CF 2019

Buen Camino!

The Malingerer.

I am not trying to be a jerk or anything but I have no idea of what you are saying or what is funny.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 172 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 278 24.4%