A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Ad

Luggage Storage in Santiago

- Ship your things to Santiago, pick them up when you arrive.

Advertisement

Hospitalero in Arres- ( Camino Aragones)

Pingüigrino

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Aragones, Vasco del Interior, Baztanes. (Frances Winter, La Plata, Camino de Invierno, Mozarabe, Norte, Primitivo.)
Hi all.
If one of you pass the last two weeks of April for Arres, you will be wellcomed to stay one nigth there. If don´t come to say hi. I will be hospitalero in the Donativo Albergue ot that little town. Will be my pleasure to share a cup of coffe or a glass of wine.
Buen Camio to you all honest people.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hi all.
If one of you pass the last two weeks of April for Arres, you will be wellcomed to stay one nigth there. If don´t come to say hi. I will be hospitalero in the Donativo Albergue ot that little town. Will be my pleasure to share a cup of coffe or a glass of wine.
Have a nice time .

Wish you well , Peter .

Hi all.
Oh, one of my favorite albergues! I remember that the hospitaleros had the church key and took us on a little tour. And after our communal dinner, they insisted we go sit on a bench and watch the sunset. BEAUTIFUL!!!

I think I remember that Arres was in total disarray and decay till the albergue opened up. And then the government offered abandoned stone houses for 1 € if the buyer would promise to restore in historically appropriate ways and also promise to live there. It is beautiful.

And thanks to pinguigrino and all the other wonderful people who donate their time (and often put up with a LOT) to take care of us!

Camino(s) past & future
2012, 2015 ,2017
Hi all.
Enjoy the sunrises and sunsets, they are equally breathtaking. Ultreya

karenhypes

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (09), Chemin Le Puy (10/11), hospitaleros (11), Chemin Arles (Apr 13), Caminho Portuguese (15).
Agree with all. An albergue not to be missed. Beautiful views, great little restaurant and wonderful communal dinner. A quintessential Camino experience. Enjoy your time as Hospitalero.

Here's a couple of shots approaching Arrés and overlooking Arrés.

Dayton and Karen image.jpeg image.jpeg

Advertisment

Agree with all. An albergue not to be missed. Beautiful views, great little restaurant and wonderful communal dinner. A quintessential Camino experience. Enjoy your time as Hospitalero.

Here's a couple of shots approaching Arrés and overlooking Arrés.

Dayton and Karen View attachment 40979 View attachment 40980
Karen!!! Don't mean to derail the thread, but wanted to say hi. How many years ago did we meet in Lisbon?! Are you guys planning another camino?

Great pictures of the approach to Arres. It makes no sense that this camino is decreasing in numbers. Pingüigrino, I will be interested to learn how many pilgrims you see.

3C9075A2-DF67-4CC5-9DB2-881AC3A6F44B.jpeg 95751F60-A7B2-4A21-993B-3CBEDC82410E.jpeg B76BB5BE-3D27-4187-9699-9AF362F7A0A1.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
Hi all.
It's a WONDERFUL albergue!
Have fun!

karenhypes

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (09), Chemin Le Puy (10/11), hospitaleros (11), Chemin Arles (Apr 13), Caminho Portuguese (15).
Karen!!! Don't mean to derail the thread, but wanted to say hi. How many years ago did we meet in Lisbon?! Are you guys planning another camino?

Great pictures of the approach to Arres. It makes no sense that this camino is decreasing in numbers. Pingüigrino, I will be interested to learn how many pilgrims you see.

View attachment 40982 View attachment 40983 View attachment 40984
Hi Laurie. We met in May '15. Nothing imminent planned...2 new grandchildren. All good!!! All the best to you.

Oh, one of my favorite albergues! I remember that the hospitaleros had the church key and took us on a little tour. And after our communal dinner, they insisted we go sit on a bench and watch the sunset. BEAUTIFUL!!!

I think I remember that Arres was in total disarray and decay till the albergue opened up. And then the government offered abandoned stone houses for 1 € if the buyer would promise to restore in historically appropriate ways and also promise to live there. It is beautiful.

And thanks to pinguigrino and all the other wonderful people who donate their time (and often put up with a LOT) to take care of us!
It was a lovely night, wasn't it? I particularly remember watching the sunset.

@Pingüigrino a fellow hospitalero (we were together in Ponferrada) is now in Arres and says that it has been VERY quiet, some days without pilgrims. Still a lovely place to be, hope one day to volunteer there.

Enjoy!

Camino(s) past & future
via Tolosana, via Aragones, Camino de Frances (08-11 2015)
VdlP-Sanabres (06/07 2018)
The albergue in Arrés was certainly one of the highlights of our first camino, Arles to Muxia, 2015.
The two hospitaleas wrote an individual message for each pilgrim, wonderful communal dinner and walk to the church. It was an absolute privilege to experience it, a real camino moment.
The walk from Oloron Sainte Marie to Somport and the via Aragones was just delightful.
I find the feeling of history and past lives in those regions and hill towns like Arrés to be overwelming.

Pingüigrino

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Aragones, Vasco del Interior, Baztanes. (Frances Winter, La Plata, Camino de Invierno, Mozarabe, Norte, Primitivo.)
Hi @Pingüigrino how are you doing in Arres? You must have taken over from Luís. Hope that you have more pilgrims visiting than he had. Enjoy the rest of your estancia.

Ultreia
Hi. Luis left quickly because his mate hospi was in a hurry. Not much pilgrims those days, but weather is glorious now and pilgrims will came soon, for sure. If not, there are lots of bottles of beer to test here. Only research, of course.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Aragones and Camino Frances (2018)
We were two of seven pilgrims there last week - a crowd for sure on the Aragones since every other Alburgue we stayed at was empty! Beautiful hosts and company.

98EBA054-752D-4517-8D77-97EC1131154A.jpeg 04F479D1-BD61-46A5-B29B-92F7668278F3.jpeg

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 95 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 157 26.0%