• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I have 3weeks for journey. Anybody help me, please?

soollung2

Hello. :>

I've been very interested in this trip for a long time.

Finally, I got to chance to go there for 3 weeks from 28 Jan to 18 Feb this year.
I really wanted to do a whole journey but, due to personal circumstances, I can't.

But I do not know exactly where to start the journey.

One guy recommended to set off at St.Jean and after 3 weeks take the bus to Santiago,
but I'm wondering if there is another way by which I can take part in the middle of journey.

I mean I would like to be finished at Santiago by walking.

Actually, I am from south Korea and now, I am in England to study.
I have no idea and I am not used to get any information.

Could you let me know what to do in detail, please?

1. Where do I depart to go to Santiago if I have 21 days.
2. If I got there, where can I get pilgrim before do a journey?
3. There are a lot of hostel. Should I book all of those? As you know our place is changed everyday.

Thank you so much for reading.
All the best!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Re: I have 3weeks for journey. Anybody helps me, please?

Hello Soolung,
Welcome to the forum.

If you have 21 days, you could begin in Burgos. You can get your credencial at the Cathedral there and you would have time to complete your walk to Santiago. Also you would traverse a large part of the Camino. If you want to walk more slowly, you can begin in Leon, or anywhere in between Burgos and Leon.

Check to flights from London to see if they fly into Burgos or Leon and plan to arrive the night before you begin your Camino. There are other threads here but I believe you can fly back to London from Santiago.

Many albergues cannot be booked in advance. However, in the larger cities and towns there are pamphlets provided by the various amigos of the Camino groups that will tell you where the albergues are. The hospitaleros also are very knowledgeable as to what albergues are open. You will also meet other pilgrims along the Way who will gladly help you.

The first thing is to get your flights booked. The rest will begin to take shape after that.

Buen Camino,

Re: I have 3weeks for journey. Anybody helps me, please?

Hi and welcome to the Forum,
The key question would be do you intend to get the Compostela (the formal document that verifies you've completed the pilgrimage)...if so, you MUST walk the last 100km in order to qualify.
If yes, then should you start in SJPDP and then bus into Santiago...you will NOT qualify.
Now, let's say you DO want to qualify...then, where should you start so that you can finish at Santiago within the three weeks you have to travel. I would suggest Burgos. You should be able to make it to Santiago within the three weeks you have. That of course depends on how fit you are. In any case, as I said, you MUST walk the last 100 km to qualify…therefore, you should at least walk from Sarria to Santiago, which is approximately 115 km.
If you start in Burgos, or Leon you can get your credential at the Cathedral, or since you’re in London, you can get it from The Confraternity of St James.
As far as booking ahead, most albergues do not allow pre arrival booking, although hostels and other commercial options may.
There are plenty of albergues along the Camino for you to stay at and there should be no problem finding a bed in the location you choose to stop.
Hope this helps.
Please check the FAQ, Camino Frances and Class of 2009 threads for additional information. You will find most of the answers to your questions and see who may also be walking the CF at the same time as you.
Buen Camino
Arn

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Considering the weather at the moment I would avoid the mestea, the Irago Mountains and O'Cebreiro and walk two weeks from Roncesvalles and then the last week from Sarria.

You could also start from Salamanca on the Via de la Plata. As for getting a credencial from the Confraternity in London, this is from their web site:

If you're not a member of the Confraternity:
Do not apply to us.

Membership is 25 pounds so unless you intend to support their work or do other cominoes it may not be worth joining-although the credencial is a nice bright yellow which invariably brought comments when I produced mine.

The meseta isn´t so bad, really. Not compared to the mountains.
The etapas are quite long these days, however, with many albergues closed who advertise themselves as "open all year." We know because we´re getting an unusual number of pilgrims turning up at our place for January... it´s almost like June around here!

Soolong, you may find some good company too, as we´re seeing quite a few of your fellow Koreans on the trail lately. Lovely pilgrims they are. If you start in Burgos, stop by here when you get to Moratinos.

Buen Camino!
Rebekah

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Soollung and welcome to the Forum :) ,
Plenty of advice on the forum about where to start, Burgos, Leon, etc. and the weather conditions. You will be flying so just a pointer or two on flights which might help your budget. I'm basing the advice on the fact that the bus services in Spain are good,ie frequent and cheap. Check the Easyjet site for flights to Bilbao, then bus to Burgos, or flight to Asturias [Oviedo] then bus to Leon or Astorga. Hope your planning goes well and the weather is kind to you :) .
Buen Camino,

Brendan

I have a very nice and bright Korean in my RCIA class...her daughter Sephia is fantastic. We spoke a bit today about Korea and I mentioned that when I was there a lot was going on. Maria is from Pusan and I mentioned to her that I was stationed with the ROCMarines there and had a great time.

Koreans are among the most hard working and faithful people I've met in my travels.

keep moving ahead!
Arn

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back