A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

I Would Have Left SJPP April 10. Where Would I Be Now?

Stephan the Painter

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2020)
I would’ve left SJPP April 10. Where would I be now?

This was to be my first Camino. Maybe around Logrono or Los Arcos?

What would I have seen, what would I be doing? Pictures please:cool:.

D

Deleted member 67185

That sounds about right. Depending on your pace, and the hours you would walk, maybe to Najera? That would be an average of around 14 to 15 miles per day, but with no layover in Logrono. :)

marylynn

Ontario Canada
Camino(s) past & future
2011-2019 CF, Arles/Aragones
2015 & 2017 HærvejenDK
Yep! I checked my map and I think you would be staying overnight in Los Arcos or Logrono, or somewhere in between. They are all good places to be. You would have had a good time. It is a beautiful part of the Camino.
(My photo would not download - but you can peruse the Media portion of the Forum)

kiwi-couple

Camino(s) past & future
CF April/May 2019
My husband and I left SJPdP on 11 April last year. We were slow walkers so on Day 8 we walked from Muruzabal to Cirauqui via Eunate, Day 9 Cirauqui to Estella and Day 10 was Estella to Los Arcos. You would be enjoying many the white asparagus that was being harvested. Our host at Muruzabal served us a light vegetable broth in which white asparagus was the star and then we has a plate of lightly steamed white asparagus which had olive oil drizzled over it as a side20190419_100605.jpg to the meat dish. An unforgettable meal.

We reached Santiago on 2 June - 53 days. As I said, we were slow walkers 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️and this morning we decided that if we walked the Frances again we would take even longer 😁

Stephan the Painter

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2020)
@kiwi-couple : Love it! Thank you. I’m tentatively planning the trip for the same time next year. Hopefully it will be possible by then. Although I’m also thinking it could be three or four years before everything is back to normal. Nevertheless,I’ll definitely be looking for the white asparagus! And I agree, I’m lucky that I can take as long as I want, and that’s my plan. Slowwwwww...

Last edited:

Anne DR

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2017 (2018)
It was nice to see the photo of the white asparagus. My husband and I walked the Camino in August 2017. I never had white asparagus before. But there it was always in our salads. So this brought back many good memories.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock