• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Interactive Map

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes there is. For the Spanish caminos look at the bottom of this page. If on a computer you click exactly on a route, you will see the info of each route.
For other countries there are other maps too.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@C clearly I used it to create Camino preparation routes at home on my laptop and used it afterward on my Garmin GPSMap64.
Worked fine.
Normally all the Camino's are already on the maps. There are regularly updates.
I think that like all the phone GPS mapping Apps it will drain the battery quicker.
I used it only on the Camino when I was not sure if I still was on the Camino.
Try at home before using it on the Camino to see if your phone last long enough, not every phone is the same.
It is not entirely free if you want more maps.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My favorite and default is Mapy.cz. But for the sake of completeness, I'll add that Gronze.com recently put out their own app for this. And I've had situations in which it displayed more up-to-date info than Mapy.cz.

My favorite and default is Mapy.cz. But for the sake of completeness, I'll add that Gronze.com recently put out their own app for this. And I've had situations in which it displayed more up-to-date info than Mapy.cz.
Do they? What is it called?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you want to make your own google map, use “google my maps” it’s very nice
I did that. I then put in the GPS tracks for Iberian Caminos from the Spanish National Institute for Geography. Then I added albergues, bars and restaurants that had been recommended here on the forums. The result is this Camino map.

For map geeks, creating your own maps on Google and other platforms can be fun, but if you want straightforward maps of the Camino I think that the Camino app developers have done a great job. There's really no need to reinvent the wheel, when it's already been done well. The apps have maps that can be downloaded and used offline without an internet connection.

My two favorite apps are Wise Pilgrim and Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
maps.me runs off-line although you have to download and/or update its maps when online. You have to select the area you want to download, and you can delete area you no longer need to save space.

It has more than one source for maps; one of them is Open Street Map. It doesn’t come with Camino routes, but more than one website has them as GPX files, which you can load ito maps.me for display.

You can also have it record your actual path if your device has GPS.

It can also find things for you if online or if they are on a downloaded map.

If online and have GPS, it can give directions for getting to a place, although it tends to make stupid unnecessary detours that lengthen the distance.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back