A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Lisbon to Santiago

FrancisCallender

Camino(s) past & future
I plan to walk the Camino Portuguese in September 2020
Hi, I am planning to walk the camino from Lisbon to Santiago in September. but i want to raise money for mental health at the same time. I have personal reasons a well as global reasons for doing this. My initial idea was to walk from Porto, but now I feel that the walk from Lisbon would be even more of an achievement. My question is this. Is it appropriate to walk this pilgrimage to raise money for a charity?

doctorherman

Camino(s) past & future
Frances*3, Ingles, Primitivo, Finisterre, Baztan, and Portuguese
Hi, I am planning to walk the camino from Lisbon to Santiago in September. but i want to raise money for mental health at the same time. I have personal reasons a well as global reasons for doing this. My initial idea was to walk from Porto, but now I feel that the walk from Lisbon would be even more of an achievement. My question is this. Is it appropriate to walk this pilgrimage to raise money for a charity?
Of course. Thousands have done just that.

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
Many people have done that. I'm currently reading a book, A Hug for the Apostle, written by a Canadian woman who walked from Chartres to Santiago in 1985 to raise money for the Multiple Sclerosis society. She received nothing but encouragement from the various people involved with the Camino associations (as well as the rest of the individuals) that she met along the way.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
A wonderful reason to walk. One little bit of advice. Have sunscreen, a good hat, pack light and get good trail runners to walk in. Lots of road walking. But you will meet the most wonderful people on earth. The people of Portugal.

FrancisCallender

Camino(s) past & future
I plan to walk the Camino Portuguese in September 2020
Thank you. I have another question. Is it imperrative to book albergue/hostels before i go or would it be ok to just find a floor/bed along the way? although i am no spring chicken, I am a bit of a nomad and am happy to bed down wherever I can

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
Camino(s) past & future
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
Thank you. I have another question. Is it imperrative to book albergue/hostels before i go or would it be ok to just find a floor/bed along the way? although i am no spring chicken, I am a bit of a nomad and am happy to bed down wherever I can
You cannot book albuerges on beforehand but by then when you are walking the "big flock" has gone
On the Lisboa to Porto track there will be no problem to find a bed. From Porto you could book ahead by e.g. Airbnd or Booking.com but also just pop in at albuergues.
Casa da Fernanda in Vitorino dos Piães -between Barcelos and Ponte decLima is adviced to book ahead if you like to stay there ! It is the best place to stay on the entire caminho Português.

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
Camino(s) past & future
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
You cannot book albuerges on beforehand but by then when you are walking the "big flock" has gone
On the Lisboa to Porto track there will be no problem to find a bed. From Porto you could book ahead by e.g. Airbnd or Booking.com but also just pop in at albuergues.
Casa da Fernanda in Vitorino dos Piães -between Barcelos and Ponte decLima is adviced to book ahead if you like to stay there ! It is the best place to stay on the entire caminho Português.
Some hot spots between Lisboa and Santiago
The Santarém hostal in Santarém Casa mentioned above.
O refúxio de la Jerézana in Cessantes nearby Redondela (check Facebook if the refùxio is still open in september )

clearskies

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Here and there
A great cause. This is how I discovered the Camino..through a charity. The rest is history, so they say.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 378 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock