• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Members Photos

And...wearing your packs w/rain covers!!! Yes you are in Santiago!! Should put that photo on your invites!! Attention Getter!
Hi Karin,

Great idea! We actually got engaged just outside of Viana, while completing the Camino last April so I am hoping to have a Camino/Spanish theme at the wedding next April...

Buen Camino,

Kelly y Jason

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
BUEN CAMINO TO ALL OF YOU !

Attachments

• 11138473_1229611634442.jpg
    11138473_1229611634442.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 3,963
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks to the very clear instructions...here I am! I think everyone will recognize that this is taken overlooking the route at the top of alto del perdon. August 2008.

Regards

Jacobus (James)

Attachments

• Santiago disc one_0126.small.JPG
    Santiago disc one_0126.small.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 3,833
I think everyone will recognize that this is taken overlooking the route at the top of alto del perdon. August 2008.
Hi James/Jacobus, I like the way you put your right foot forward on top of that hill & all the windmills blowing.............the one you shave the hairs off....travelling light, but saving the razor by not doing the other leg & all that jazz. Don't take any offence by my thoughts, I've just been made a veteran poster on Ivar's site, so I'm real giddy

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Stevie,
There are post on forum on how to upload & share pictures.
By the way, what are you looking at?

Edit.....that should be posts.......for all those English teachers out there!

It would be so nice to put faces to the wonderful people who contribute to this site and encourage us all.

Thanks Clarissa.

Clarrisa , i was ,nt trying to look at anything. just trying to look windswept and interesting! sadly i failed at that too, but going too try again later ha ha, wish i was more computer minded though...

hasta luego Stevie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
stevie. said:
Clarrisa , i was ,nt trying to look at anything. just trying to look windswept and interesting! sadly i failed at that too, but going too try again later ha ha, wish i was more computer minded though...

hasta luego Stevie

Windswept and interesting - that's the dress code at my son's wedding!

William

[quote="crackmrmac I've just been made a veteran poster on Ivar's site, so I'm real giddy[/quote]

Congratulations!! :mrgreen:

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
here I am getting ready to go to Valencia in four weeks.
What else can come out of the rucksack?

Attachments

• andy.jpg
    andy.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 3,230
I took a new photo with my short short Camino hair.
If you see me, say hi!
SIX MORE SLEEPS!

29qf4w8.jpg

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello, how does one actually insert a picture here? I know how to attach a file to a hotmail message but have not used a site like this before. Thanks.

Lovingkindness.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
lovingkindness said:
hello, here's a shot of me about to leave home. I'll be hiking from Cadiz to Seville then along the VdlP to SdC.

Cheers,
Lovingkindness

Nice walk, Susan.

Please, tell us your experiences about the Cadiz-Seville route.

Buen Camino!!

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I hope this will work...

This is me in Santiago, on my most sad day on Camino - I' didn't want to be over.

Attachments

• 7331_150104296434_820251434_2489501_3360352_n.jpg
    7331_150104296434_820251434_2489501_3360352_n.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,855
Ajda said:
I hope this will work...

This is me in Santiago, on my most sad day on Camino - I' didn't want to be over.

But you're lookin good....and hopefully you can still see the images now that you have returned to base.

Buen Camino.

I'm not very well established on the forum but would certainly like to be recognised by fellow members if i happen to pass you by on El Camino

Being presented with my Queen Scout a few years back. (I'm the one in a kilt!)

Attachments

• Queen%20Scout%20-%20Shannon.jpg
    Queen%20Scout%20-%20Shannon.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2,589
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi,
I'm Marjorie and i'm a newbie on this site! I speak french, i'm from Québec, Canada, please be indulgent about the mistakes that i'll do on further posts. :lol:
Thank you,
(I love reading all your posts, it's very helpful.) :D
Marjorie

2v0y060.jpg

Marjorie, welcome aboard! Your entries are delightful to read & your english is perfect! Wish the same could be said of my abilities! Hope you enjoy your time here on the forum, it helped us immensely when planning our first two years ago. Hope you can get your mother to join you. Remember...it is just walking. A little further than usual, but it is manageable. And perhaps if your etapas are shorter than 20km? Or she may surprise you!

Wishing you Buen Camino, Karin :arrow:

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Meenakshi and I getting ready

Attachments

• 41058_1582379919770_1243871549_31586122_1619899_s.jpg
    41058_1582379919770_1243871549_31586122_1619899_s.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 2,414
HI everyone,
I haven't looked at this topic for several months but it's really great to see all your happy faces. I think my sidebar picture (somewhere on a mountain in Spain) is as good as the one I'm going to try to post here (leaning on the signpost which says 100 km left to go!!)
Cecelia

yay!! It worked. Okay that was easy enough to make me feel dopey for not getting it earlier. But the key may have been making it really small. Thanks for the hints.

Attachments

• the last 100km.JPG
    the last 100km.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,307
Hi all,

Since I've now walked at least a portion of the Camino Frances, I felt I could add my photo here. I took this outside of Puente la Reina, after the first steep climb of the day.

I actually took it just to make sure I didn't look like I was about to faint or die, both of which I felt like after that bloody climb. :D
I did feel quite out of shape when people more than twice my age, carrying more than twice of what I did, seemed to practically run up the hill, with the greatest of ease. Ah well, I always knew I wasn't very fit... :)

Hilda

Attachments

• DSCa_3107web.jpg
    DSCa_3107web.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,225
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
But Hilda...you DID it!! And I'm delighted to finally have a face in mind when I look at your beautiful pictures!! And you don't look like your about to faint! Just a little flushed..like you'd just climbed a steep long hill! Buen Camino, Karin

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm at my dad's house (for a family funeral) and was finally able to lay my hands on a photo of me on the Camino. :mrgreen: No beard anymore, alas. This was in O Cebreiro.

Attachments

• palloza.jpg
    palloza.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,821
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is me, like three weeks ago, on the Caminho:

Bieramar...

A great addition to the member pics.

I'd like to see folks take a pic on the day they strike out on Camino and then the very moment they arrive at the Cathedral. May be an interesting juxtaposition.

I know that my barber is capable of taking ten years off of me in one sitting.

Does the Camino have an effect on the outer person as well as the inner?

Just wondering.

Arn

The barber was the first stop for two British gentlemen I met in September. One even got a barber shave! They said it made them feel more civilized. I settled for my fifty cent razor.

Arn said:
Bieramar...

Does the Camino have an effect on the outer person as well as the inner?

Arn

Yeah....I thinks so..losing around 15 pounds between SJPP & SdC...yeah...that and being ill, yet so incredibly happy I coulda bust!! Some people even commented when they saw me back home, that I looked or held myself differently. Dunno bout that but I'll take their word on it!

This is me a couple months ago and 12lbs heavier. Working on getting down to Camino weight and fitness.
Love seeing the pics of all of you.

Attachments

• Karen.JPG
    Karen.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,530
Found this thread today, have always wondered how to a put a photo into a posting, so this is an experiment.
Me outside the Cathedral at Santiago in 2005, or perhaps not if the photo does not upload!

Attachments

• Galicia 2005.JPG
    Galicia 2005.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,394

€149,-
picosrider said:
Found this thread today, have always wondered how to a put a photo into a posting, so this is an experiment.
Me outside the Cathedral at Santiago in 2005, or perhaps not if the photo does not upload! attachment=0]Galicia 2005.JPG[/attachment]

Nice pic! I still can't work out how to upload a photo! How did you manage that?

May 2011 at the Magdalina bridge in Pamplona with fellow pilgrim Richard from NY (on the left). Fantastic weather, only 1 day of rain in 5 weeks.

Pete

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 1,198

€46,-
Day hiking in the Ozarks .. trekking at Hobbs State Forest near Eureka Springs Arkansas

7990_4907523720633_1529955872_n.jpg

Attachments

• Hisking.jpg
    Hisking.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 661
Hi All: This photo is from a previous trek in Tasmania. Looking forward to starting my Camino from SJDPP on or about 4 October 2013!

Cheers

Alex [Wyvernsridge]

Attachments

• wyvernsridge.jpg
    wyvernsridge.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 763
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Decided to make my contribution in this topic. Because I was walking alone most of the time I have only a few self-portraits (e.g shadows on the road or a mirror photo :) ) and this one posted here. On Praza do Obradoiro I found someone to take a photo of me about 2 minutes after arriving there. I found myself looking like I'm on something, but weren't feeling like that at all at the moment as I remember now.

Attachments

• 1583-Bostjan on Praza do Obradoiro (Santiago de Compostela, 22.06.2011).jpg
    1583-Bostjan on Praza do Obradoiro (Santiago de Compostela, 22.06.2011).jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 658
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
After the journey from Valença, Portugal... we, my hubby and I, began June 25th and finished July 1st.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Attachments

• 1373760109305.jpg
    1373760109305.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 393
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It would be so nice to put faces to the wonderful people who contribute to this site and encourage us all. Thank you!
Love and Buen Camino,
Clarisa
So true... A nice place to start. We'll all be 'seen' on the Camino. Or I hope I will be anyhow ;)

Profile updated!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It would be so nice to put faces to the wonderful people who contribute to this site and encourage us all. Thank you!
Love and Buen Camino,
Clarisa
This is in Lleida - after I'd been in the sun several days, but before I lost the 20 pounds I was going to lose between Montserrat and Fnisterre.

A Buen Camino to all from DeMar

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 792
I walked the Camino for the first time this year and it was a transforming experience. A highlight was the kindness of people, especially the Spanish people who look after the Camino's. I also liked the landscapes and pilgrim masses, the places I stayed - many were new and very clean and I enjoyed the foo. I'll never forget the joy I felt when I reached Santiago and my companion, a young woman from Toledo who shared the joy of entering Santiago.

The bar's along the way were great, like the one run by the Last Templar and the cowboy bar and families who offered hot soup on days when it was raining. I hope we always have them

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This is me, like three weeks ago, on the Caminho:

Hi James/Jacobus, I like the way you put your right foot forward on top of that hill & all the windmills blowing.............the one you shave the hairs off....travelling light, but saving the razor by not doing the other leg & all that jazz. Don't take any offence by my thoughts, I've just been made a veteran poster on Ivar's site, so I'm real giddy

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dear Peregrinos,

I did the Camino Frances in July 2014. As a near pro- photographer I took my DSLR camera with me on the Camino.

The photos I have made are available for FREE download (for Personal use only) from my website:

www.greatphotos.eu/Camino.

You will find two series here. The first is sorted by theme (eg churches, the way, arrows etc), the second one is following the Camino Frances sorted from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostella. By the end of August 2014 you will find a complete series here.

The password to gain acces is:

buencamino (no spaces, all lower case).

Please feel free to forward this message to other pelgrims.

Buen Camino

Maarten Hoek
The Netherlands

Love and Buen Camino,
Clarisa

I in opposite camp on photos. Never. In 14 caminos and 8000km I ever only met I forum member Buen camino

Me in SdC last May. I didn't walk. I was visiting friends in Coruna and took a day trip to Santiago. This year I'll walk Leon to SdC. I have time restraints. I have to be in Valencia August 19 for a birthday party.
In the future I hope to do many longer walks

Attachments

• IMG_2149.JPG
    IMG_2149.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 491
View attachment 32292
Took me a while to work it out too ;-) When you click on post a reply, down the bottom you see an 'options' tab. Right next to it, there is a tab for 'upload attachment'. I was able to use this to upload from my computer hard-drive.
Margaret
Love and Buen Camino,
Clarisa
IMG-20170213-WA0003.jpg IMG-20170130-WA0000.jpg IMG-20170130-WA0002.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I like to see the member's pictures, and it's also helpful when people fill in their location - at least their country, as it often helps in answering questions.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I like to see the member's pictures, and it's also helpful when people fill in their location - at least their country, as it often helps in answering questions.
Until the last change of Forum graphics there was an option to fill in your location and it was shown under your avatar photo but that feature is gone now. Although many non-native English speakers on this Forum can use English pretty well I think location info would help native speakers in responses like you suggested.

Last edited:
Until the last change of Forum graphics there was an option to fill in your location and it was shown under your avatar photo but that feature is gone now. Although many non-native English speakers can use English pretty well I think location info would help native speakers in responses like you suggested.
If you click on a user's name their location shows up if they have entered it. But I agree that it was better when it appeared right under the user's avatar.

€60,-
If you click on a user's name their location shows up if they have entered it. But I agree that it was better when it appeared right under the user's avatar.
I find members' location of country residence is often not shown. Unsure if it's their personal choice or if Ivar's changes eliminated the option to add it in.

I find members' location of country residence is often not shown. Unsure if it's their personal choice or if Ivar's changes eliminated the option to add it in.
It is and was personal choice whether you fill it in or not just that now it isn't visible under avatar photo.

It is and was personal choice whether you fill it in or not just that now it isn't visible under avatar photo.
I have also tried clicking on their name, which brings up more choices. One choice is 'about', but often I can't find the country listed anyway. Maybe people are becoming more paranoid about revealing info. If you don't reveal your full name though, I don't see what harm in showing the country you live in.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have also tried clicking on their name, which brings up more choices. One choice is 'about', but often I can't find the country listed anyway. Maybe people are becoming more paranoid about revealing info. If you don't reveal your full name though, I don't see what harm in showing the country you live in.
When I hover my cursor over a member name a box appears with additional information. On my phone I have to tap on the member name.
forum page.jpg

@trecile, yes on my Android I DO hover and click on the members' name, but often there is still no country listed. Your example of me is because I gave all the information requested when I signed up! ☺

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@trecile, yes on my Android I DO hover and click on the members' name, but often there is still no country listed. Your example of me is because I gave all the information requested when I signed up! ☺
Yes, that's why I said that it's helpful when members fill out that information. It makes it easier to help them.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.