• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mountain Hardwear flip bag

Joodle

Time of past OR future Camino
CF May 10th- June 21st 2016
VDLP March-April 2017
CF coming up April-May
Does anyone have the “flip bag” by mountain Hardwear? It has a warmer side with more down, and a thinner down side. Do you like it? It is half price right now. Should I bite??

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I haven't got one so can't advise you, but I would definitely jump at that! There are lighter weight down bags out there but not often at that price. Surely you can return it if it seems unsuitable when it arrives? I have a Sea to Summit Traveller 1 which is pretty similar - no hood, full zip, lightweight. Let us know what you decide!

I haven't got one so can't advise you, but I would definitely jump at that! There are lighter weight down bags out there but not often at that price. Surely you can return it if it seems unsuitable when it arrives? I have a Sea to Summit Traveller 1 which is pretty similar - no hood, full zip, lightweight. Let us know what you decide!
It’s only $89 right now. It has treatment on the down so it will still maintain its loft and warmth retention capabilities. It think it’s called Q shield. It’s on Mountainhardwear.com

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It seems a good bag. Galicia in the spring and autumn can be cool so you need a bag, though this one mght be too hot on its 'hot side'. Then again if you are planning to use it for other things too, it seems a very versatile piece of kit. Search for 'hardwear flip' in the search box up in the top right hand corner, I found a few people mentioning it before. (I'd just get it and return it if necessary rather than miss out, but that's just me.)

It’s only $89 right now. It has treatment on the down so it will still maintain its loft and warmth retention capabilities. It think it’s called Q shield. It’s on Mountainhardwear.com

:) This down treatment goes by various names and is now common with the majority of manufacturers of down gear. It is basically a hydrophobic coating that adds virtually no extra weight to the down, preserves its 'fluffiness' and loft, and is great at being able to do what you said it does.

Most read last week in this forum

**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I had bought the long Camino banner-style map in Santiago and finally got around to having it framed. The framers managed to tear my map and I'm in need of a replacement. Does anyone know where...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.