• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino My last Camino tomorrow Finistere/Muxia.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Buen camino Michael.
Off tomorrow Finisterre/Muxia my last Camino,

Never say never my friend. Let’s see ❤️❤️
Your last camino? For now?
I think ‘for now’ is apt.

Take care and it’s such a lovely way. I do hope you are stopping at Lires and have a paddle in the gentle lapping waves there.
Buen camino
Annie.

Edit: I think this will be your first camino away from the CF? You might now get a taste for trying other routes like many of us. Please post your thoughts on this one when you get a chance.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Off tomorrow Finisterre/Muxia my last Camino, wish me Buen Camino
Time to finish where better than Finisterre and on to Muxia.....
Can I ask are you walking from Finisterre to Muxia. I also am on my last camino Ponferrada to Sarria and Santiago to Finisterr. Was wondering is it possible to get to Muxia without walking due to return flight home the day after we arrive in Finisterr.
Buen Camino

my last Camino
Others ask why is this your last camino. I know there are a multitude of reasons. Health being one of the biggest. My question is why only the CF. I have seen others who have also done many caminos all on the Camino Frances. The answers I remember most are that it is so special to them that they are drawn to go back time and again. They have no desire to walk a different camino. I do not know if that is generally your feeling also. I would not argue that fact. Nor would I blame you for keeping your reasons to yourself.
I always like to run across other camino addicts who have done multiple caminos when I am walking. I am getting ready for number 8 starting at the end of September. (Early for me to start but circumstances dictate that early start date.
My point to you is summed up by this quote by OzAnnie.
You might now get a taste for trying other routes like many of us.
Maybe if nothing is preventing you physically, or family situations or economics from walking maybe you should give another route a try. You may be surprised at what you may find.
Buen Camino one way or the other.

I loved that walk! I did it last Oct after finishing the Frances. It was a magnificent walk even though it rained hard over 50 % of the walk. I stayed over night in Lires which was nice. I had an amazing meal there at A Brana. I young chef there made a magical meal for me.
Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Good -luck! I was actually thinking of trying it in reverse. May try it in October.
Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I said the exactly the same thing last year on my Fisterra trail, "my last camino", but now I'm leaving for another camino (Portugues Costal) in a few days as my "real last camino".
Buen Camino and see what you feel at the end.

One of my favourite sections Mick! I've done it 3 times ... & I know I'll be back again! Muxia is a special little place, that has changed so much since my first visit, with a large group, but it still intrigues me! Have a lovely journey on this picturesque coastal route & don't forget to soak the feet & paddle along the beach when you get to Finisterre ... there's a little bar at the end! Muxia will be waiting for you! Enjoy this special last trip ... & who knows ... you may be enticed back again some day! Buen Camino! 😇 👣😇

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Supposed to be 20k Santiago to NEGREIRA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230824_143736_Step Counter - Pedometer.jpg
    Screenshot_20230824_143736_Step Counter - Pedometer.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 31

Attachments

• 20230824_060600.jpg
    20230824_060600.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20230824_062823.jpg
    20230824_062823.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 20230824_123552.jpg
    20230824_123552.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That route will be my fourth Camino, hopefully next year.

I've been there twice by coach and felt incorrect in doing so.

If you can afford stay at Casa da balea Corcubion what a fantastic Casa.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My Fitbit gives incorrect readings too.

Looks like you got away early Michael.
There are a lot of people cheering you on.
Buen camino.
Annie my fit bit never lies unlike its handsome owner.

Attachments

• 20230826_110550.jpg
    20230826_110550.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20230826_105956.jpg
    20230826_105956.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230826_105949.jpg
    20230826_105949.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
Oliveroa to Corcubion.

Attachments

• 20230826_110550.jpg
    20230826_110550.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20230826_110130.jpg
    20230826_110130.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230826_105956.jpg
    20230826_105956.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230826_105949.jpg
    20230826_105949.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230826_100950.jpg
    20230826_100950.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 20230826_091328.mp4
    11.7 MB
  • 20230826_082434.mp4
    60.9 MB
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen camino Michael.

Never say never my friend. Let’s see ❤️❤️

I think ‘for now’ is apt.

Take care and it’s such a lovely way. I do hope you are stopping at Lires and have a paddle in the gentle lapping waves there.
Buen camino
Annie.

Edit: I think this will be your first camino away from the CF? You might now get a taste for trying other routes like many of us. Please post your thoughts on this one when you get a chance.
And now the end is near or is it here ? Whatever, just arrived Finisterre disappointing town, grubby after beautiful stage, brilliant walk so far, onto Muxia tomorrow could not be bothered with stamps this Camino after Trecile (I think) said they can email it to you why ?. How's that shoulder,? I was afraid to ask, sorry.

Last edited:
On your way to Muxia you will pass through Lires, pay a visit to Bar Playa de Lires..sit and enjoy the ocean view.....Buen Camino

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
On your way to Muxia you will pass through Lires, pay a visit to Bar Playa de Lires..sit and enjoy the ocean view.....Buen Camino
Spending night in Lires will check it out.
go raibh maith agat Caomhin.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Others ask why is this your last camino. I know there are a multitude of reasons. Health being one of the biggest. My question is why only the CF. I have seen others who have also done many caminos all on the Camino Frances. The answers I remember most are that it is so special to them that they are drawn to go back time and again. They have no desire to walk a different camino. I do not know if that is generally your feeling also. I would not argue that fact. Nor would I blame you for keeping your reasons to yourself.
I always like to run across other camino addicts who have done multiple caminos when I am walking. I am getting ready for number 8 starting at the end of September. (Early for me to start but circumstances dictate that early start date.
My point to you is summed up by this quote by OzAnnie.

Maybe if nothing is preventing you physically, or family situations or economics from walking maybe you should give another route a try. You may be surprised at what you may find.
Buen Camino one way or the other.
Wise words. In the words of Harry Chapin (I think) the song "Cats in the Cradle" keeps going around in my head you neglect things in life which are too important.
Buen Camino.

Last edited:
Can I ask are you walking from Finisterre to Muxia. I also am on my last camino Ponferrada to Sarria and Santiago to Finisterr. Was wondering is it possible to get to Muxia without walking due to return flight home the day after we arrive in Finisterr.
Buen Camino
There is a bus connection between Finisterre and Muxia not very frequent at this moment 07.00 Hrs I am just looking at bus stop on way to Lires .

@MickMac your last Camino. Full stop, not a question mark.
I’m not curious amigo. You have made your statement.
I offer you this: may your swan-song echo for all those that need to hear

Buen Camino
Correct the time comes, this has been a fabulous Swan song, one of the nicest walks I have taken with the notable exception of my disappointment at Finisterre, Sitting in Lires having lunch as I said the words of Harry Chapin song go round in my head "The Cats in the Cradle" neglecting the best things in life is just wrong, 4 children 10 grandchildren, love them all, but life and career got in way.
Buen Camino.

Sitting in Lires having lunch as I said the words of Harry Chapin song go round in my head "The Cats in the Cradle" neglecting the best things in life is just wrong, 4 children 10 grandchildren, love them all, but life and career got in way.

Just yesterday I heard a podcast entitled Slow Down from Hidden Brain on a radio program. It actually starts by discussing this song.

Just yesterday I heard a podcast entitled Slow Down from Hidden Brain on a radio program. It actually starts by discussing this song.

Wow what a coincidence.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Finalizado, it's over arrived Muxia, "Buen Camino to all" Muxia really nice, Santiago to Muxia, top 3, most beautiful walks.Bus tomorrow then hopefully back to Ireland 🇮🇪.

Attachments

• 20230829_115045.jpg
    20230829_115045.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Buen Camino
Their is a direct connection from Santiago Bus terminal I got one coming back this morning took two hours Monobus.

Attachments

• 20230830_061610.jpg
    20230830_061610.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back