• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OK. Checking out of here

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Buen Camino Alex.

Buen camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buen Camino and have fun. Let us hear from you

Alex,
Stay safe, Buen camino and as always in the truest sense Ultreia!

Margaret

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
See y'all at Santiago after 6 May... Those of you who know me have my contact info.

Those I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting can find me at the Pilgrim Office most days from 10 - 3. Look for the Avatar photo, but with a light grey beard and a turquoise volunteer t-shirt. He looks a LOT like an overgrown Papa Smurf...;)

Ultreia!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
miss my walking buddy
Buen Camino
i know the spanish language you learned is getting ever better
Enjoy
nanc

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you so much EVERYBODY!!!

An update: I am now safely inside my room at the hotel Via Gotica in Burgos. It is incredibly located by the bridge into the city. Pictures are coming. From my small balcoy i stare right over to the spires of the Cathedral.

I started out fram Arctic Norway at 4.45 AM today so I am pretty tired. So tired that I have decided to take a rest day tomorrow, allowing myself to be a tourist for one day, and hit the Way on Friday morning.

I will try to post some on this thread, mostly for newbies to read. So, a little quiz for you: in Burgos there is a small church claiming to show the chalice of Jesus. Science means it is correct. Whitch church?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you so much EVERYBODY!!!

An update: I am now safely inside my room at the hotel Via Gotica in Burgos. It is incredibly located by the bridge into the city. Pictures are coming. From my small balcoy i stare right over to the spires of the Cathedral.

I started out fram Arctic Norway at 4.45 AM today so I am pretty tired. So tired that I have decided to take a rest day tomorrow, allowing myself to be a tourist for one day, and hit the Way on Friday morning.

I will try to post some on this thread, mostly for newbies to read. So, a little quiz for you: in Burgos there is a small church claiming to show the chalice of Jesus. Science means it is correct. Whitch church?

There is always a church of Santa Eulalia, I always go with that :O/

Where the f...... did you learn Norwegian???!!!??? 😀

I live next door XOD

I am from Sweden :O)

I will be walking the San Olav from Burgos this summer... If I can keep my feet healthy this time. I already read your guide about it. But I don't know, I have to see if I can get that far...

So where will you go Friday morning? A monster stage, or a small one to warm up? :Oo
Hornillos del Camino. Some 20 kms. Then Castrojeriz, probaly one o
I live next door XOD

I am from Sweden :O)

I will be walking the San Olav from Burgos this summer... If I can keep my feet healthy this time. I already read your guide about it. But I don't know, I have to see if I can get that far...
then you must download my guide. You’ll find it the Resources/Other routes section. The one and only, ultimate guide to San Olav. 😎😋. It is a fantastic little wal, some 64 kms, with kind, frie dly and helpful people all along.

Edit; Aaahhh, you have read it! Well, a good read gets even better the second time...😎😏😎

Hornillos del Camino. Some 20 kms. Then Castrojeriz, probaly one o

then you must download my guide. You’ll find it the Resources/Other routes section. The one and only, ultimate guide to San Olav. 😎😋. It is a fantastic little wal, some 64 kms, with kind, frie dly and helpful people all along.

Yes, I am thinking it is possible to walk it in 2 stages then. If good accomodation is to be found half-way. I will get there in July if everything goes as I have planned…

Have a nice day in Burgos and buen camino for Friday…!

/BP

So jealous !!!!!!!!! ( I need a vacation)

Enjoy and keep us posted on the trip, but especially anything new to see and do.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I am now in the Burgos albergue. Taking a rest day as planned. Plenty of beds here: the Easter rush is over. To all on the Way now: relax. Normal/low traffic today.

Heading for Hornillos del Camino tomorrow. A very nice walk.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Buen Camino Alex!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Right! Lunch in albergue Meeting Point in Hornillos. Communal paella 19.00.

There is no need to stress for pilgrims. At 14.30 there are still beds in the albergues here. Weather has improved and we are enjoying a little sun.

Will head for albergue Rosalia in Castrojeriz tomorrow. I did book there today just to make sure. They have real beds, no bunks. I like the thought. 😋

Still not completely trust the situation, but everything looks relaxed on the Way.

Will have lunch at San Anton tomorrow; I have some bread, pate and wine in my pack 😎

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
T-shift weather this afternoon. ThIs morning having refreshment in Hontanas (read: beer). Incredible how the town just rises from nowhere. Those belltowers and spires must have acted as GPS waypoints for medieval pilgrims. Today they are a sure sign of a bar nearby...

2E190E51-2A32-45A7-8BEE-75E8A5EE05B0.jpeg2E190E51-2A32-45A7-8BEE-75E8A5EE05B0.jpeg2E190E51-2A32-45A7-8BEE-75E8A5EE05B0.jpeg

Right! Lunch in albergue Meeting Point in Hornillos. Communal paella 19.00.

There is no need to stress for pilgrims. At 14.30 there are still beds in the albergues here. Weather has improved and we are enjoying a little sun.

Will head for albergue Rosalia in Castrojeriz tomorrow. I did book there today just to make sure. They have real beds, no bunks. I like the thought. 😋

Still not completely trust the situation, but everything looks relaxed on the Way.

Will have lunch at San Anton tomorrow; I have some bread, pate and wine in my pack 😎
Albergue Rosalia was one of my favorite albergues, great beds and the BEST hummus ever! Buen Camino!

T-shift weather this afternoon. ThIs morning having refreshment in Hontanas (read: beer). Incredible how the town just rises from nowhere. Those belltowers and spires must have acted as GPS waypoints for medieval pilgrims. Today they are a sure sign of a bar nearby...

View attachment 56050View attachment 56050View attachment 56050
you can't be too far away from david1, who has been walking from Canterbury. If I read correctly, he was in Hontanas this morning... I remember so well, as I guess everyone does, the moment it appeared out of the hollow! we stayed there, and had a swim in the municipal pool... maybe a bit too chilly today.

Settled in Albergue Rosalia in Castrojeriz for the night. Communal chicken. I’ll eat.

Was visiting the small tienda with the old man who sells everything. Bought a new belt and a knife. For those of you who wonder: judging by the speed he crossed the Plaza Mayor, he’s not likely ready to take his last hike anytime soon. Alive and kickin’ as always. Had a nice chat.

AA915D45-BEAD-4C96-A32F-5034B1BFC837.jpeg

you can't be too far away from david1, who has been walking from Canterbury. If I read correctly, he was in Hontanas this morning... I remember so well, as I guess everyone does, the moment it appeared out of the hollow! we stayed there, and had a swim in the municipal pool... maybe a bit too chilly today.
Think I saw him today, with a sixpence. Will look out for him.

Burgos is a great town. I just left there a few days ago. See the digs at Atapuerca, if you have time.
I googled Atapuerca looks like something I’d make time to see. How do you get there from Burgos?

Atapuerca is on the Camino! I believe it is just before arriving in Burgos.
Oh ok i found it in Brierly guide i thought it was after Burgos. Last Camino i wasnt feeling well took bus San Juan to Burgos so I missed it. Ill be sure to visit in Sept. 😊

Is the Hospital of the Soul still there in Castrojeriz? Surely one of the most quiet and moving displays of photos and inspirational text on the Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Later, got half a carafe of red, a book and a chair. Still chillin’ in the sun. Very nice albergue with GOOD food. To bad the pool is poorly maintained, but I am looking forward to communal dinner. Will sleep with the nuns in Carrion tomorrow. 😎View attachment 56173
So sorry to hear the pool is not well maintained. When we stayed there, it was like walking into ‘a’ heaven haven,going through the gate and looking all around. A lovely albergue indeed. Is the matriarch still there? It was 2006...

The camino is really busy. For my own peace of mind, I have found it necessery to book ahead. First year I have found it necessary.

It must be sort of a «disabled’s week» because most people, looking very healthy though, are walking with very small packs. I envy them. I almost want to be disabled, at the age of 65. But I’m not, so I just keep on walking with my pack and let others do their thing.

Hi Alex, good to see you're still walking! We last met on the VdelaP some years ago. Many caminos under the feet since then. I will be finishing the Del Norte from Santander in July. BTW did you ever replace that famous hat? Buen camino,
Tom Coleman

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Alex, good to see you're still walking! We last met on the VdelaP some years ago. Many caminos under the feet since then. I will be finishing the Del Norte from Santander in July. BTW did you ever replace that famous hat? Buen camino,
Tom Coleman
1555D6DA-83AD-44C5-BBEA-17B92B5F1731.jpeg
Yes but i have a very similar. BTW: The tshirt says «Never underestimate an old man who listens to Pink Floyd»
😎😃

Last edited:
In the albergue Jacques de Molay. Google the name; very interesting. It was chaos here this afternoon. Full at 1.30 PM and people had to continue. My decision to book ahead still stands. At the age of 65 i cannot run around for alternatives.

Nice albergue with good food. Name village is Terradilla de los Templarios. Nothing here except the albergue. Who cares. Bed and dinner and off in the morning. Will pass Sahagun and thereby the halfway point of the Camino tomorrow.

77013062-E68D-4CC2-B07B-08DF36211251.jpeg

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.