• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One Day at a time, One Photo at a Time (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this day in 2012, between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega - a misty foggy morning through the forest passing the Monument to the Fallen, those executed during the Civil War. A morning strong in my memory. I didn't know about the monument until I came to it, but well before the place, the atmosphere was hushed and reflective with most people - even those in groups - moving into walking solo, quietly.

View attachment 83222
Oh my goodness, how I remember that section. Try what it is like in Culloden, Scotland, sometime. And yes, a superb photo.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
All credit to your artistic eye for a great photo of pilgrims in the mist and mountains in the background. Lovely shot!

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I’ve used it for my phone screen. I hope that's OK.
All credit to your artistic eye.

Hi @Lexicos, I want to thank you for your kind compliments about my photo - they are appreciated! For the future though, I do feel the need to point out Forum Rule 12 re: the use and uploading of other's photos. I have had people request the use of my photos before and so far have been fine with it. It's really about the courtesy of asking and stating the purpose of the use first.

12) For photos uploaded to the forum (including the Photo section) the following rules apply:
  • Photos uploaded to the forum is the property of the person who took the photo.
  • Please only upload photos that are your own.
  • To use these photos in any other way, please contact the person who took the photo for permission.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A view back towards Ponferrada and the northern Bierzo on the first day of the Invierno.
Looking in much the same direction from a little higher up on the same stage out of Ponferrada on the Invierno. This view is from "el banco más bonito del Bierzo" near Cornatel Castle.

Attachments

• DSC_0336.jpg
    DSC_0336.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This may well be my last contribution to this thread, as I've now reached the end of my pictures from both of my Caminos.

By chance, the celebratory dinner for my Portugués was held at the same place I'd whooped it up at the end of my Francés.

It was quite a night, on both occasions.

One day, I'll walk to Santiago again, and I know which restaurant I'll visit when I get there.

Attachments

• 2019-05-08 20.06.37.jpg
    2019-05-08 20.06.37.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 20
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Theatregirl. My apologies. I wasn't aware of the rule. It's a good rule and it makes sense of course. I shall remove. Thanks for pointing it out.
I also posted someone else's photo in ignorance too, as I'd not read the forum rules for a long time. I appreciated being reminded by a mod.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Aljaferia in Zaragoza. Camino del Ebro.

Nicer from the outside than inside.

Attachments

• Aljaferia.jpg
    Aljaferia.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 11
Inspired by Sabine's and Rick's posts yesterday,
I see your six and raise you...uhhh, I lose count. 🙃

The forest of signs on the Invierno near Sion; the panoramic view of both sides of the road doesn't really capture the impact.
It was impressive. Fortunately the yellow arrow cuts through all the clutter very nicely.
Just. Go. Straight.

Attachments

• 20190610_132726 (2).jpg
    20190610_132726 (2).jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This may well be my last contribution to this thread, as I've now reached the end of my pictures from both of my Caminos.

By chance, the celebratory dinner for my Portugués was held at the same place I'd whooped it up at the end of my Francés.

It was quite a night, on both occasions.

One day, I'll walk to Santiago again, and I know which restaurant I'll visit when I get there.
That was where the group of us who banded together, very loosely, on the Portugués, met up for dinner. It was very enjoyable, plenty of space for everyone and not at all expensive. The following evening we hosted anyone still around in the kitchen of the Last Stamp, another treasure we discovered that time. It was Casa Pasta, a winner every time!!! I have very few photos but it is a joy to keep seeing those posted, so don’t sign out of the thread!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Camino Frances- 22nd, September, 2014 Molinaseca to Cacabelos. Our first really rainy day on this Camino. Walking through Ponferrada. We couldn't stay in Ponferrada this time as our walk coincided with the World Team Cycling Competition being held in and around Ponferrada. In fact we stayed in the same hotel in Cacabelos with the Azerbaijani cycling team! We had to negotiate many detours around Ponferrada to safely get to Cacabelos.
22 Sep #3 0912hrs Ponferrada Templar Castle in the rain.JPG

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
On Camino Portugues in Porto in 2017- sunset with cathedral .This was on the 23rd which was a rest day due to injury and this is the view from my hostel balcony - were I spent several hours with my ankle up. (And it wasn't a fall due to Port going to my head)
IMAG2679.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That long stretch without services between Carrión de los Condes and Calzadilla de la Cueza on an extremely windy, chilly, sometimes drizzly day - 4 of us find a picnic table for a lunch stop - others arrive, 5...6 & 7... soon there are 8, cozy around the table with everyone sharing whatever food they have in their packs.

sharing lunch.jpg

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

€83,-

€60,-

€60,-
Camino Frances- 26th, September, 2014 Triacastela to Sarria. We were very fortunate to be entertained by this local Sarria Youth Band beside the Rio Sarria, while having dinner. We only took videos, so have taken a screen shot of them. They were excellent. The young man with his back to us standing was playing the Galician Pipes. It was a wonderful experience.
26 Sep #1 Sarria music clip screenShot.JPG

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Saturday 26 September 2015 : my second last day on the Camino. I stayed in Arzua, it was very quiet for a town so close to Santiago. I left early the next morning (a Sunday) just as the church bells started ringing, as I was on the bike I followed the N547. I arrived at Santiago at around 1.00 pm (13.00)

A enigmatic town exit sign near Dortmund, Germany, just after setting off on the St Olav Way to Trondheim, Norway. A cold, rainy day.

Where do I come from?
Where am I going?

Attachments

• IMG_20190505_144814 - km3 Schnee.jpg
    IMG_20190505_144814 - km3 Schnee.jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 24
I enjoy seeing this photo @VNwalking because this was the day I took the wrong turn out of Las Medulas and entered Puente de Domingo Florez in a different part of town from another direction!
Well...here is another bit, then, from quite a way farther up, though after where you turned off to Yeres, looking in that direction. In fact, the road in the photo may actually be the one you took:

Attachments

• 20190605_080911.jpg
    20190605_080911.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Not far from Valdorria, just off the Olvidado between Boñar and Vegacervera, near where San Froilán (with help from his pet wolf, whom he'd tamed after the latter chomped his mule) built his León mountain hermitage.

JPEG_20191031_133031_2504386260466577302.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well...here is another bit, then, from quite a way farther up, though after where you turned off to Yeres, looking in that direction. In fact, the road in the photo may actually be the one you took:
Yes, I do believe that is the road less traveled - one that I am happy I took :)

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
28th, September, 2017 Voie de Vézelay.
When you arrive in the département des Landes, from Bazas to Mont-de-Marsan, you have to follow an old train line from WWII: around 50 km of almost straight line in the forest.
The picture is taken when going out of Captieux, in some places they simply cut the tracks instead of removing them.
20170928_080839.jpg20170928_080839.jpg

Rick - this looks like the early stages of the Alto del Perdon. Cheers

September 28. A beautiful day two in Leon, resting, coffee, exploring the streets, sitting in the parks, watching a festival of traditional dance in front of Gaudi's Casa Botines, finding a wonderful little neighbourhood restaurant for dinner with friends.

leon.jpg

Last edited:
Not far from Valdorria, just off the Olvidado between Boñar and Vegacervera, near where San Froilán (with help from his pet wolf, whom he'd tamed after the latter chomped his mule) built his León mountain hermitage.

I didn’t make it up to the hermitage (Alan, just another detour for me to follow in your footsteps some day), but I clearly remember cresting the hill, huffing and puffing, with pretty valleys behind us, and seeing the mountains right there in front of us — one of those amazing too-good-to-be-true moments. Pictures just can’t capture the magnificence.

@Pruden is there now, and he has an Olvidado thread going with some of these same views.

Attachments

• 83D84FB0-C056-4943-8BF9-EE37F7C8F86A.jpeg
    83D84FB0-C056-4943-8BF9-EE37F7C8F86A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Wow, welcome to our table, @Wokabaut_Meri! Long time no see. ☺
Then there's all those zero calories pastries in Burgos... can smell the café con leche from here ☕
OMG yes.
Melide, what I indulged in while everyone else was down the street eating pulpo.

Attachments

• IMG_8721 (2).JPG
    IMG_8721 (2).JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 19
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Can someone please describe the difference between the Wise Pilgrim print edition, the kindle edition, and the app for the Camino Primitivo? I mean up-to-date info, ease of use, etc. If I got the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back