• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Path of Miracles

Mananath

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances July 2022
Hi- this afternoon I was wandering the streets of Christchurch NZ and came across a poster advertising the performance of "A Path of Miracles, Joby Talbot's stunning choral depiction of the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage." Unfortunately I won't be in town when it happens so I will miss it but am wondering if anyone else has heard this performance before? How was it? Was it evocative of the Camino?
Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
hello from Christchurch NZ! Did you happen to notice when this performance is on? I'm heading off late April to do my first Camino CF & would be interested in seeing this.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
hello from Christchurch NZ! Did you happen to notice when this performance is on? I'm heading off late April to do my first Camino CF & would be interested in seeing this.
CHRISTCHURCH Sunday 26 March 5.00pm Great Hall, The Arts Centre
35nzd

thankyou! it was a amazing performance & so glad i got to hear it before embarking on my journey. An epic journey telling stories & history of CF through choral song. A serendipitous moment.

thankyou! it was a amazing performance & so glad i got to hear it before embarking on my journey. An epic journey telling stories & history of CF through choral song. A serendipitous moment.
Oh Great! So glad you got to experience this! Good luck with your upcoming Camino! Buen Camino!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We first heard local choir Viva Voce sing this work in Auckland in 2016, ahead of walking the Camino del Norte in 2017. Great to see that others noticed the recent Chch performance. We were lucky enough to hear it again in Auckland last week; an inspiration for our upcoming Porto-Santiago camino in September.

It's a 'big sing' for choristers, musically & in scale. For this listener, it's an extraordinary, vibrant, beautiful contemplation of the Camino Frances. From the programme notes: The libretto is 'an inspired blend of passages from the Bible (Acts), the 12th century Codex Calixtinus, the 15th century Miracles of the Camino, several other literary sources, and [librettist Robert Dickinson's] own poetry', in a mix of Latin, Spanish, Basque, French, English & German.

If you enjoy both choral music & stories of the camino, try to attend the exceptional Path of Miracles if it's ever performed somewhere near you. Eultreya esuseya (onwards & upwards), Buen Camino & Ngā mihi nui kia koutou katoa!

Attachments

• Path of Miracles.jpg
    Path of Miracles.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 3

Most read last week in this forum

I've been home from the Frances for just over a week. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. He asked me about the Camino and checked my vitals. I'm 60. He said: "Your vitals are incredible"...
Just had to share this --- I am a litigation attorney in the US. The opposing party in one of my cases filed a motion to extend a deadline such that I would have to draft and file a brief in...
Hi everyone. I’ve done three Caminos, all with healthy legs…until now. I had knee surgery and am planning on walking in August again. Not sure how the leg will hold up, but if I was able to ice...
Dear Pilgrims, Please can you advise where can I obtain a Pilgrims stamp during the San Fermin festival? (Not to mention the difficulty in obtaining accommodation....managed to get Refuge at the...
Hi all, wasn’t sure where to put this question, I’m currently in Muxia and traveling back to Santiago today and flying home tomorrow. I have something that I need to leave for someone at a pilgrim...
Is going from Santiago to Finisterra via Mixta and back on foot considered official Camino? Big thanks. Elin

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.