• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Post-Camino Day? Burgos / Zaragoza / Madrid?

isabeau

Time of past OR future Camino
Autumn 2024
Greetings,

Per a previous post, my husband and I will be walking what we can of the Camino Frances from Pamplona to Logroño... we'll have to hope for a future year to see Santiago itself. We're taking it slow averaging about 12km a day since I don't know what pace I can truly handle.

After we finish our walk, we have one extra day to sightsee before we head off to Valencia to visit family.

We have several options:
- take the bus straight from Logroño to Valencia
- take the bus to Burgos, sightsee, the next morning take the train to Valencia
- take the train to Zaragoza, sightsee, the next morning take another train to Valencia
- take the train or a bus to Madrid, sightsee, the next morning take another train to Valencia

(We've never seen any of these towns... so if you had one extra day ... what would you want to see?)

P.S. if we were to opt for the Logroño to Valencia option, have any of you traveled overnight on the bus... goods... bads... thoughts?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Zaragoza is an awesome town. Most pilgrims don't experience it, but so.much to see! The Basilica, Roman ruins, the Moorish palace that is now the government building... easy to get around by city bus from the train/bus station.

I vote for Madrid. Take a 2 hour walking tour and you will see so much and have a bunch of photo ops.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Avila is one of the most beautiful towns I have ever seen. Easy train to Madrid after. I stayed in the old town part at a nice--newer hotel that included breakfast and it was super reasonable.

Greetings,

Per a previous post, my husband and I will be walking what we can of the Camino Frances from Pamplona to Logroño... we'll have to hope for a future year to see Santiago itself. We're taking it slow averaging about 12km a day since I don't know what pace I can truly handle.

After we finish our walk, we have one extra day to sightsee before we head off to Valencia to visit family.

We have several options:
- take the train to Zaragoza, sightsee, the next morning take another train to Valencia
- take the train or a bus to Madrid, sightsee, the next morning take another train to Valencia

(We've never seen any of these towns... so if you had one extra day ... what would you want to see?)

P.S. if we were to opt for the Logroño to Valencia option, have any of you traveled overnight on the bus... goods... bads... thoughts?
Loved Burgos and Zaragoza - would totally avoid Madrid!

Greetings,

We have several options:

Why not just spend the extra day in Logrono?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
With all respect due to those who chose Madrid, I vote against it.
Granted, I went after hiking Frances and Finisterre, so perhaps I was 'tired'.
I went for 3 days and even that was simultaneously 'not enough' and 'too much'. It was HOT (end of June), it was crowded, it was not what I thought....
"Monday-night Q-backing" I probably would've been better to stay in Finisterre or return to SdC...

In your case - I am leaning towards
staying in Logrono and then go see your friends in Valencia the following day or​
go to straight to Valencia​
anything else, IMHO would be somewhat 'piling it on' .esp. if you factor in all the extra travel you need to do.

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Zaragoza is an awesome town. Most pilgrims don't experience it, but so.much to see! The Basilica, Roman ruins, the Moorish palace that is now the government building... easy to get around by city bus from the train/bus station.
I’ll be there tomorrow … where to stay?
Any recommendations welcomed.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.