• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Questions for those of you using Bracelayer knee stabilizing pants

FRM

How do you walk the Camino? One step at a time.
Time of past OR future Camino
C.F. 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021
C.P. 2022
So I’ve recently purchased my first pair of Bracelayer knee stabilizing tights. For those of you not familiar they are compression tights with knee braces built in. I wore them today for the first time on a 7mile walk. I have a couple of questions for those of you who have worn Bracelayer or similar items.
1. How often do you wash them when walking/wearing them on multiple days?
2. How long do they take to dry? I don’t see them drying overnight after being washed upon arrival at an alberque.
3. Do they loosen up a bit with use. I’ve not worn tights prior (too much respect for the viewing public) and they are tight. I can only imagine my fellow alberque mates watching in horror as I try to get them properly positioned.
4. Any tips or tricks I should be aware of.

They did a good job in supporting my knees but definitely felt odd to wear. Need to put a few more miles on them to know if they are going to help. Thanks for any replies.

Frm

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Can’t say I have seen those before.
Interesting design.

Though I have often find that multi purpose items, tend to not do any single purpose that well. Will be interesting to hear how they go.

I also need knee support, but just use regular supports as sold in farmacias in Spain. When needed, I put them on. They work great.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I just saw your post and ordered my first pair. We leave for our Camino on March 27. I’ll train in these and see how they go! I love this Forum!
From my single walk in these I found they provide excellent knee and leg support. They are a bit warm, but could be worn with shorts or as a base layer. A bit of a challenge to put on, but will get easier as my skills get better.

Can’t say I have seen those before.
Interesting design.

Though I have often find that multi purpose items, tend to not do any single purpose that well. Will be interesting to hear how they go.

I also need knee support, but just use regular supports as sold in farmacias in Spain. When needed, I put them on. They work great.
I have issues with the regular knee braces sliding down as I walk. I have to continually pull them back up into position. This has happened across many styles of braces. My hope with the “built into tights” style was the would stay in place, which they seem to do. The fact I look Kim Kardashian in a pair of Spanx is an unintended “benefit”.

Please let us know how they work out for you, especially how they feel in the heat. I want knee support on the Via Francigena in July/August but I worry they will be too, too hot.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Please let us know how they work out for you, especially how they feel in the heat. I want knee support on the Via Francigena in July/August but I worry they will be too, too hot.
I’m walking from Pamplona to Burgos with my son and his wife beginning mid March. I’ll report back.

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.