• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Refreshments Via de la plata

musicman

Ensuitepilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2004, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016,2017,2018
hola,

Am I right into presuming there are no bars, fountains, etc on the stage between Casar de Caceres and Canaveral? Any other guidance on " dry" sections up to Zamora, welcome.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
hola,

Am I right into presuming there are no bars, fountains, etc on the stage between Casar de Caceres and Canaveral? Any other guidance on " dry" sections up to Zamora, welcome.
Yes nothing that day but one or two covered seating areas. My diary also shows nowhere open between El Cubo de Vino and Zamora. Not sure about fountains I walked in February and water was not an issue.

I walked the whole VDLP from Sevilla last September/October and saw very very few fountains with potable water.
When you get to the albergue in Cañaveral, be sure to explicitly ask about the path to Galisteo. They did not mention a long term closure and a number of people walking on the same day were confused by conflicting information.

Actually, one of our worst days for water was shortly after Cañaveral in the stage from Galisteo to Cáparra. After much consideration, I shared a bit of my emergency reserve of water with my walking partner (only because he was quite adept at getting us complementary Orujos after dinner). On longer stages, I found that my 1.5 Litre Nalgene bottle and a 500ml back-up was adequate, on shorter stages I did not necessarily fill up the back-up - of course, there are a number of factors which could impact your water consumption.

But actually, my most important advice is if anybody in Valverde de Valdelacasa offers you Morcilla, run do not walk to Fuenterroble de Salvatierra.

Attachments

• conflictinginfo.jpg
    conflictinginfo.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20150926_120301.jpg
    IMG_20150926_120301.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DeathSausage.jpg
    DeathSausage.jpg
    826.3 KB · Views: 17
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes nothing that day but one or two covered seating areas. My diary also shows nowhere open between El Cubo de Vino and Zamora. Not sure about fountains I walked in February and water was not an issue.
From other posts on here I think that there are refreshments available at Villanueva de Campean.

I thought there was a well of potable water just outside Canaveral. Not far from the little church on the way out of town.

Be especially careful at Caparra because there are vending machines INSIDE the information centre but once that place is locked up there is no access to them. And heaven forbid that the staff leave 10 minutes early on a Sunday (which is exactly when we got there with my walking buddy having run out of water and I had about 200 mL left.) We were very thankful that we had grabbed the phone numbers for the Hostal Asturias so we got picked up rather than walk there. We were travelling in summer and both of us were used to carrying a lot of water.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

One reason for me choosing the VDLP is to avoid the constant stress of the bed race on the busier routes. Alas I haven’t escaped it. Literally every bed (that I’m able to contact) is full from...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...
Gronze has a note for the albergue in Valdesalor saying the key needs to be picked up from the town hall or the bar. Am I correct in assuming that this only applies if you are the first to arrive...
(Live on the Camino, but I don't know how to post with that tag) The Camino Sanabres winds through small stone villages and along vast green pastures rimmed in stone walls. Sometimes you walk on...
Be careful when you organise a transfer from the Arca de Caparra (Via’s emblem) to one of the three hotels in Jarilla. The guide books we are using state that you will be picked up at ARCA DE...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back