• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Route maps

Eigenia

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking camino on 11th sept 2015
Guys,
I need some advice..
I am starting Via de la Plata route in Seville in few days time.
I have got only Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Sevilla guide with me.
Do you think it is enough?
I am a bit worried that it is very basic and doesnt show exact locations of albergues
should i get some other maps etc with me? If yes, then what would be your advice?
I will not have a smartphone with me..
I am also a solo traveller, if anyone wants to join then please do!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you AML , great site - especially terrain info! I will use it next year when I (hopefully) trave the Via de plata to celebrate my 50th!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Eigenia,
The VdlP is super well marked (well, last year it was) and you’ll also meet others who will have plenty of maps etc. Have you downloaded the Jirit list of albergues from this site? It’s quite useful to plan your stops. Go to ‘Camino Resources’ at the top of page (on laptop) and then Via de la Plata. You will see it there and can download it to your phone or print if you like paper.
The Melanie McManus app for VdlP is good for the occasional ‘tricky bit’ also.
Enjoy your VdlP - my favourite
Cheers, Grace

Eugenia: Download the Via de la Plata app by Melanie McManus to your phone. It can be used on or offline. I used it offline last March and found the comments on each section very helpful and accurate, especially after Zamora where there is a lot of construction for the new AVE train. This app along with the elevation maps and info on albergues/casa rural from the Gronze site was very helpful in planning my stages. I didn't have a map and was fine with these resources. Also, search the forum for info on the VdlP. Peregrina2000 has posted great info on her walk including albergue and restaurant recommendations.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I used the Gerald Kelly Guide as a hard copy and the Via de la Plata app on my phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alethiasoftware.viaplata19feb&hl=en

The maps are downloadable in advance and there is a function where the GPS will pinpoint your position on the map. Having said that I didn't really need it.

I agree on not needing the map. I used the app without an Internet connection so didn't have the map. The detailed section descriptions were more than adequate.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Friends! I'm new to the group (from Australia) after walking nine previous Camino's, and currently planning the VDLP with friends for March/April 2026. I've been quietly lurking while putting...
Does Salamanca to Cuba del Vino (stage 20) involve 20km on tarmac, on the N-630? Or does the Camino run as a separate track, alongside (not on!) the asphalted road, and this more comfortable for...
Hi All, Greetings from the VdlP. We are a small bunch about 12 to 15 peregrine and some people biking. We're a friendly lot getting to know each other well. Most people here have walked...
Hi, it's not on Gronze, but it is on the Salamanca Tourist Office website. Tried ringing the number given, but no answer. Sent a message to the tourist office, but no reply...is the albuerge...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.