• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

scam sock advert

EvleenMann

Time of past OR future Camino
april 19 2023
I think i saw this link on the Camino website, apologies if i am wrong, but in any case, just warning people not to buy the following socks which supposedly miraculously help your feet:

Physical Therapist Shows The Easy Way To Finally Overcome Foot Pain, Neuropathy, And Swelling
Then the link to
get sooth relieve

I haven't put the actual link in case you accidentally click on it
My New Zealand pal ordered one pair, they charged her for four and never delivered any
All best

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi there,

I see you are a donating member, so you most likely did not see this on this website. (Donating members do not see ads here if they are logged in).

That said, it always good to be careful on the internet. Your case might just have been a case of bad customer service. Who knows.

Take care,
Ivar
Yes Ivar, i may have confused the advert with another source! Great to keep up with Camino stories through you.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I have,, for a while now, been made aware of similar practices and been suspicious of a few "new members" who have appeared on the forum starting new threads and posting within minutes of joining only never to be seen again.
There are red flags and signifiers sometimes when this is happening and I am unsure whether this is malevolent or mischievous. When my suspicions are raised i attempt to investigate further, my abilities are, however, limited.
There did seem to be common denominators between a few with a "fandom/comic book/fantasy" connection and others with connections to the "grunge/Indie" music scene.
When I have my suspicions I have pressed the report button or contacted a moderator voicing my concerns.
Personally, i don't think there is anything other than a mischievous motive to this particular practice.

That’s nothing to do with the site and largely Ivar will have little or no control over it.

On this thread I am getting an ad about a 28 day weight loss programme for older men. Guess what i have been googling lately - how to lose a stone in a month. That’s how it works!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have,, for a while now, been made aware of similar practices and been suspicious of a few "new members" who have appeared on the forum starting new threads and posting within minutes of joining only never to be seen again
What @EvleenMann and @peregrino_tom are talking about are actual ads on the site, not posts by new members, though you are right that people scammers do join just to post links to dubious products.

But the ads have nothing to do with forum.

What @EvleenMann and @peregrino_tom are talking about are actual ads on the site, not posts by new members, though you are right that people scammers do join just to post links to dubious products.

But the ads have nothing to do with forum.
They are not necessarily scams though they could be. Advertisers buy ‘impressions’ which are effectively ads targeted to a certain demographic. Your search history will play a big part.

I have,, for a while now, been made aware of similar practices and been suspicious of a few "new members" who have appeared on the forum starting new threads and posting within minutes of joining only never to be seen again.
There are red flags and signifiers sometimes when this is happening and I am unsure whether this is malevolent or mischievous. When my suspicions are raised i attempt to investigate further, my abilities are, however, limited.
There did seem to be common denominators between a few with a "fandom/comic book/fantasy" connection and others with connections to the "grunge/Indie" music scene.
When I have my suspicions I have pressed the report button or contacted a moderator voicing my concerns.
Personally, i don't think there is anything other than a mischievous motive to this particular practice.
Hope you don't mean you are suspicious of me as a new member?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
They are not necessarily scams though they could be. Advertisers buy ‘impressions’ which are effectively ads targeted to a certain demographic. Your search history will play a big part.
Sorry, we are talking about two different things. @Bristle Boy brought up "new members" who join just to post links to products, not the ads that appear on this site to non donating members.

We usually get several of these new "members" each week and try to quickly delete them and their links.

Sorry, we are talking about two different things. @Bristle Boy brought up "new members" who join just to post links to products, not the ads that appear on this site to non donating members.

We usually get several of these new "members" each week and try to quickly delete them and their links.
Yes fully understood! The ads to non donating members are PPC ads (per per click)/impressions - a totally different thing. . i get them everyone I fire the page up!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hope you don't mean you are suspicious of me as a new member?
Evleen, first, welcome, Second. are you astonished that someone might view you suspiciously? Seriously? I am even suspicious of my own image via the laptop. It is reversed! The mole is not on the right side of my face... 😁
ps. I like the word suspicious, actually. It looks a bit mysterious.
By the way, my socks for everyday wear are some variation of smart wool or darn tough or whatever is not cotton...
look up this guy, in his poem, "and then I learned some more":
Pat Ingoldsby.

I think i saw this link on the Camino website, apologies if i am wrong, but in any case, just warning people not to buy the following socks which supposedly miraculously help your feet:

Physical Therapist Shows The Easy Way To Finally Overcome Foot Pain, Neuropathy, And Swelling
Then the link to
get sooth relieve

I haven't put the actual link in case you accidentally click on it
My New Zealand pal ordered one pair, they charged her for four and never delivered any
All best
Nothing to do with socks, but I am a Kiwi and suffer from Neuropathy (genetically) and they advise me nothing can be done.
I have tried al sorts of creams, but recently every night I have been using REAL DEAL HURT CREAM. Kiwi invented and costs about $80.00 for 500mm.
I apply lots of it to my feet and ankle and lower legs and am finding relief and this morning in training we walked 5 k uphill 192m and my feet are fine in fact I am barefoot at the time of Noon normally after a walk like that I am a cripple and at time have to wear soft shoes.
We start our El Camino on April 9th and will finish in time to celebrate my 80th birthday in France before we walk the Le Puy to SJPdP

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.