• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spirits (of a liquid kind!) on the camino

sillydoll said:
The University of Santiago de Compostela says that drinking red wine might help ward off cancer, with a glass a day reducing the risk of lung cancer by 13 per cent compared to non-drinkers.

Sounds like my kind of school! So, with the huge amount of cheap, but good, red vino available on the Camino - does that mean walking the Way once a year will lead to...immortality? Is the Camino the true Fountain of Youth? Mebbe Ponce de Leon was trying to throw us off...the Trail?

Hmmmm - better book my flight soon before gas goes farther up and the dollar sinks farther down...and this time, I'm bringing my own cup and wine thermos! :wink: :arrow:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Working on that principle V you're already living forever several times over - like the guy who met a fairy on the Camino who offered three wishes - " I want a bottle of Tinto that never empties" he asked. It was granted and there appeared the very bottle. He took a drink and it automoatically refilled. "What do you want for your second wish?" the fairy asked. " Another magic bottle of course" was the reply.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well, Arn, you probably knew that I could NOT let that comment pass ....

We know that Newport is beautiful...and I'm not a fan of green beer, green soda bread and my blood is green.... but "the home of the Americn Irish"????? I have a funny feeling that your hometown of Chicago, Boston and even sections of the Bronx might have something to say about that!!!! Although I will concede that any town with an Irish Pub becomes (unfortunately!) "the home of the American Irish" on St. Patrick's Day! :mrgreen:

Happy St. Padraic's Day!

To all the Class of 2009!

This topic contains some of the most interesting, funny and best tasting threads you'll find.

It's long, but it will make you laugh, sit up and take notice of the many and varied 'spirits' you'll discover along the Way.

And, I assure you...that if you don't sit up...it's because you can't.

Buen dos cerveza grande..por favor Camino,

Arn

The newest vintage of homemade Vermut is appearing now in Quality Bars On a Camino Near You. OMG. Perfect for a sunny Sunday after-church kick in the pants.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
How wonderful to resurrect this thread! Just the perfect send off for my trip to Spain tomorrow! Vinotinto, here I come! 38 hours and counting to arrival in Madrid!
Buen Camino,

Does anyone know about this?

A number of years ago I faintly recall watching an episode of the old Lonely Planet about the Camino. The presenter (for some reason I think it was Ian Wright) stopped at a monastery for the night and was given a pilgrim's grog. The interesting part was they used a base like starter dough that was hundreds of years old. Does this ring a bell with anyone or did I just dream this up?

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
...not that all my postings on this subject will create a rather hazy impression, BUT...

Those traveling the Camino Portuguese (or just hanging out in Galicia) might want to check out an arcane tipple native to Pontevedra. It´s served at the As Maristas bar in Plaza Verdura. It´s distilled from raisins. And it´s called "Tumba Dios." "God Falls Down."

You only need one to see triple!

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.