• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stamps

Paddyc83

I am going on the camino for the first time next may/June from Dublin and was wondering if I get the two stamps here and one in Leon if I'm starting walking from astorga I'll have two weeks to do it will it be enough time thinking 25 k a day thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Paddyc83 said:
I am going on the camino for the first time next may/June from Dublin and was wondering if I get the two stamps here and one in Leon if I'm starting walking from astorga I'll have two weeks to do it will it be enough time thinking 25 k a day thanks

Hola Paddy - It is up to you where you collect the stamps at the beginning of your journey. A lot of people get their first stamp before they leave home and then collect them along the way from their starting point. They are great mementos of your camino. As you go into the last 100 kms before Santiago you are advised to get 2 stamps per day.

Best regards

John

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I walked the Astorga to Santiago segment of the Camino in 14 days in early May this year. The last day was a short walk from Monte del Gozo to the cathedral. Two weeks is quite adequate.

John Boyd Bell said:
St. Jean PdP. Are there places in either city to get stamps?
Don't worry before St. Jean. In this place everybody knows how to get you started. :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You can get staps "almost" everywhere: albergues, hotels, bars, restaurants, gaz stations, ayuntamiento's, churches... even in the police office (guardia civil).
Just hop in and say "Tienes un sello por un perigrino por favor"? Even if you don't sleep in the hotel/albergue or don't consume in the restaurant/bar, they will give you one. Between St-Jean-PdP and Santiago, there were only 4 places where they refused to give a stamp. But I did get 297 other ones. I had to buy 8 credencials.
During the last 100km, in almost every bar, the stamp is visible and you need to stamp your credencial yourself.
There is in fact no excuse for not finding 2 stamps a day.
Maybe the only valuable excuse is that the stamp will bite you. But there are a lot of stamps that are leasched :)

Greetings from Jerusalem and Shalom!
Paddy, the stamps are indeed a lovely way to remember different stops on the Camino however! try and secure your credencial before you leave, the Pilgrims Office in St Jean is very very helpful, their sello is beautiful but due to the large number of requests they often do not have a credencial for every pilgrim.
Coming out of Hospital del Orbigo, passing Santbanez, up the hill on the way to Astorga and you will find a roofless barn in which you will also find David – do enjoy his company have a cup of tea he is a wonderful person and do get his stamp – a rather unique sello.
Good Craic and Buen Camino

Thank you for the info about the different stamps if anyone else knows about stamps you would not normally get let's know cheers #pma

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
scruffy1 said:
Greetings from Jerusalem and Shalom!
Paddy, the stamps are indeed a lovely way to remember different stops on the Camino however! try and secure your credencial before you leave, the Pilgrims Office in St Jean is very very helpful, their sello is beautiful but due to the large number of requests they often do not have a credencial for every pilgrim.
Coming out of Hospital del Orbigo, passing Santbanez, up the hill on the way to Astorga and you will find a roofless barn in which you will also find David – do enjoy his company have a cup of tea he is a wonderful person and do get his stamp – a rather unique sello.
Good Craic and Buen Camino

I agree with Scruffy. David is, indeed, a wonderful person! Not only does he offer a unique sello for passing pilgrims but he also sets out a trolley of delicious homemade goodies for a donativo. Last November en route to Astorga Istopped at this special spot set up with great care just east of the Cross of Santo Tonbio. David was absent but the thermos of coffee was hot and his cookies most delicious! I left a donation and a brief note of thanks. Despite the constant cold rain this was a most welcome pause and a perfect example of yet another of the varied alternatives available along the Camino.... To each his own.

Margaret

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back