Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Thank you to all volunteers of the local CSJ

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
This forum gives a wealth of information but I'm making this post to also bring the national confraternities into the spotlight.
I went to a local meeting of the belgian fraternity and visited their office in Mechelen. All the volunteers were friendly, gave lots of info. Their library was also very impressive.

So a big thank you to those forummembers who also are volunteering in their local CSJ!
Mil gracias!

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Last year the President of the CSJ in Belgium stayed at the St Roque Albergue in Corcubion while I was hospitalera there. We only found this out the next day when we read his entry in the visitors book. Nice chap, very friendly and helpful.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Hi Sil,

Glad to hear he was such a nice guy. I guessed as much when I heard him do a little introduction speech on a get together earlier this year.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail ... tcode=3800

The belgian CFJ has a very interesting project running in Belgium. Lots of volunteers and their friends are doing daily walking ( some parts , others the whole way ) tours that connect different cities that have a church that is named after Saint Jacob. So they call it "the Saint Jacob's walking path". Local volunteers in each city will take care of their accomodation and the side-events. In some cities it will be a celebration mass, other cities will organise a musicrecital and others will organise a tour of the city with a local guide...etc...etc...
The city where I was born organised a mass and afterwards the " opening " of the scallop that is ingraved in a stone before the Saint Jacobs-church. So from now on pelgrims will be shown the way when they pass byt the local church.

It was very moving to attend the mass ( although not active practisioning anymore ) and talk to some of the volunteers.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads