• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thanks to all who wished me well beforehand and hi to all I met.

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
Thank you all for the best wishes I received before going and for the prayers for my mother's health. She recovered enough for me to go and continued in relatively good health while I was away. So I was able to complete my walk.
I was fortunate to meet a few fellow forum members. I would just like to say thanks for the conversations and that I hope you all survived OK. Above all it was a pleasure to share a little time with you at the end Ivar. I called in the Tetulia but no sign of other forum members at the time.
Another lovely Camino with only two days of heavy rain and lots and lots of sunshine. Lucky me! My heel spur didn't prove anywhere near as much trouble as I had anticipated and I managed very well except when going uphill.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thank you all for the best wishes I received before going and for the prayers for my mother's health. She recovered enough for me to go and continued in relatively good health while I was away. So I was able to complete my walk.
I was fortunate to meet a few fellow forum members. I would just like to say thanks for the conversations and that I hope you all survived OK. Above all it was a pleasure to share a little time with you at the end Ivar. I called in the Tetulia but no sign of other forum members at the time.
Another lovely Camino with only two days of heavy rain and lots and lots of sunshine. Lucky me! My heel spur didn't prove anywhere near as much trouble as I had anticipated and I managed very well except when going uphill.
Glad that your Camino worked out o.k.Wish you well, Peter.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Al, I was one of the forum members who met you a few times along the way (Alicia) - first on one of the rainy days in a bar when I recognised you from your forum photo.

It was a real pleasure to meet you - I am glad your mothers health stayed stable and you completed another Camino safely. I think I last saw you speeding past me somewhere on the Frances....

I loved and miss the Camino. I have got the bug for sure now. Difficult being back, read and appreciated some of your advice on post-Camino life on other threads. Thank you.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi again Alicia! I'm again having the same old trouble adjusting too. Among other things I am missing the weather, which apart from those few days was glorious. Not something I can say about that which we are experiencing in Wolverhampton since I got back last week. I suppose you are having similar in London. It doesn't help with the blues does it? I remember our meets well and it was a pleasure to meet you too. Who knows we may well meet again now you have the Camino bug! :) Yes, my legs were in charge of my pace by then. I have difficulty curbing their enthusiasm at times. :(

Al, you were walking at a cracking pace. London (probably like Wolverhampton) is the opposite of everything I loved on the Camino . In answer to a question you put to me when we first met - yes, I feel it has changed me profoundly. I am yet to find out quite what that will mean for day to day life, but it feels like a paradigm shift somehow....

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
We are in Santa Marina del rey staying at a hostel costing 59 euros after redirecting from our destination which was San Martin del Camino. We found the albergues were all booked or closed after...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back