• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The "2-stamps-rule"

Jochen_Schmidtke

RIP 2016
Time of past OR future Camino
3 times Camino Francés
Hello.
There are rumors that the personnel in the pilgrims office handles the "2-stamp-rule" different. Some of the people require 2 stamps for the whole journey. Others only for the stretch in Galicia and others only for the last 100km (Sarría to SdC). What is right? Has someone good connection to the pilgims office so that an official statement from the pilgrims office could be published here?
Buen Camino
Jochen

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I assume Johnnie Walker will be the one with the most official answer, but like most processes that are handled by human beings, I assume there has got to be wide latitude for individual discretion. Not to make a terrible analogy, but kind of like airport security.

But the suggestion that there could be a "two stamps the whole way" rule is probably not accurate, because if you're entitled to the compostela if you've walked the last 100 km, it really doesn't matter much what you did before that.

I just walked the Vdlp from Sevilla and spent my last few days walking with a madrilena who started in Ourense, which is just at the 100 km point. In the pilgrim's office, we were asked very different questions, and she was scrutinized much more closely than I was.

I remember that John has one or several blog entries that deal with this issue, one I found with a quick search is this one:

http://johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot. ... -back.html

Buen camino a todos, Laurie

Jochen, I'd have to agree totally with Laurie! I too have only heard the double stamps for the last 100, and then Johnny Walker would absolutely be my go to for a definitive answer.

Wishing you Viel Gluck und Buen Camino, Karin

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola - The Credencial states that at least ONE sello per stage should be obtained. The "guidance" which the Pilgrims' Office gives is that pilgrims particularly on the Camino Frances should collect at least 2 sellos per stage for the last 100 kms on the Camino Frances. This is because many people only do the last 100 kms and amongst those in particular are the people who make pilgrimage by bus or car and appear in the office with stamps asking for a Compostela.

I am also constantly surprised that although the numbers are thankfully small it regularly occurs that someone has walked a long distance such as from France but has run out of time and gets the bus for the last few stages into Santiago and still wishes a Compostela.

That is why people are generally always asked "and you came all the way on foot/bicycle " or some variation of this.

Sometimes in the busyness of the office the full meaning of what is being said is lost. If a pilgrim has say only 5 sellos on their credencial, the first being in Sarria, but they confirm that they walked all the way then it is likely that they will be told that if they walk the Camino Frances again then they are advised to collect more than one sello per stage as they go along.

It is also accepted that on some routes such as the Camino Ingles the nature of the stages is that it may not be possible to collect more than one sello per etapa. This is not a problem.

In the Pilgrims' Office only the sellos for the last 100 kms are scrutinised and the staff know the pattern of sellos they expect to see on the routes - someone with very few sellos is likely to be asked some questions.

I hope this helps.

John

Re:Official statement from the Pilgrims office?

Hello.
Johnnie Walker explained it quite good. But it is his personal meaning . What I mean: Where can I find an official statement to this rule from the Pilgrims Office in SdC?
Why I insist so: I write a small accomodation guide for the Camino Francés. And I want to inform the pilgrims most correct!
Buen Camino
Jochen

Hi - it isn't my personal interpretation. As I mentioned the "rule" is stated explicitly on the Credencial which is issued by the Pilgrims' Office on the authority of the Cathderal. You could quote directly from that as I did. Here is what it says in full:

“En las casillas deberá figurar el sello de cada localidad (al menos uno por día) con la fecha, para acreditar su paso.”

Best wishes

John

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
JohnnieWalker said:
“En las casillas deberá figurar el sello de cada localidad (al menos uno por día) con la fecha, para acreditar su paso.”
Thank you John. But there is no mention of the 2-stamps-rule for the last 100/200 km!
Buen Camino
Jochen

Well, well... I have been trying to find out whether there is clear advice on this or whether there is conflicting information which may be at the root of it. It appears to be the latter.

The credencial states "at least one sello per day" and that is what the Pilgrims' Office works on.

However there is a Cathedral Website which states:

"Your papers will have to be stamped at least twice per day"

Just to add to the confusion the same site also says:

"One must request a recommendation letter in the parish, in the docese, in the brotherhood etc. in which is accredited as a pilgrim. This letter can be used as a credencial...."

It goes on to say that you can also use the "offical" credencial. The Pilgrims' Office clearly states that that the Credencial IS the letter of recommendation :)

And in another paragraph it says that "if you have not got the letter or the credencial you can use a route journal to collect the stamps and dates." (paraphrased)

On the CSJ website the following information is posted.

In 2002 the Pilgrim Office in Santiago started asking pilgrims to get two stamps per day in their credenciales or Pilgrim Records. We asked for confirmation and clarification of this new request, and here is their reply:

"Last year we started to control a little bit more the credentials and the stamps, in order to differenciate pilgrims on foot, horse or by bicycle from those who are using other means of transport to come to Santiago. The Cathedral of Saint James wants to be fair with those who are doing the pilgrimage by giving them, and only them, the "Compostela". That is the reason why we ask for two stamps per day. However, we understand that if a pilgrim starts the Way in a far away point, it is enough to get only one stamp. Otherwise, they would need several credentials. We specially apply the rule of the two stamps per day to pilgrims starting from Galicia. We really appreciate your interest on the matter, and will be very grateful if you would give that piece of information to the pilgrims addressing the Confraternity."
So, be prepared, if you're starting from anywhere west of say Ponferrada (or picking up a pilgrimage made in stages), to get two stamps a day, and get hold of another credencial if you need room for the extra stamps. However, if you've come from outside Galicia, one stamp a day within Galicia is still enough. (This advice was confirmed by the Pilgrim Office in June 2006.)

So there is conflicting advice which is probably the source of the rumours to which you refer and maybe it is no wonder that there is confusion about the border of Galicia the last 100 kms and so on!

I'll be in the Office again later in July and then for all of August and some time in September. I'll suggest that we get the various website people together to agree that everyone gives the same information.

But of course we need less rules not more!

Best wishes

John

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
On my 3 Caminos to date, I have never had more than 1 sello per day and have never been questioned, nor had any problem. I doubt that I will have a problem this year, but if I do, they can stick their compostelle up their back passage, and if it won´t fit there, then perhaps the lounge room will suffice.

I just arrived home in San Diego and received my Compostela on June 26th at 9:55 AM Santiago time. I walked from St Jean starting on May 22nd, my Camino took 33 days. I too had heard this rumor but speaking from experience it is not true. The girl who gave me my Compostela took all of about 1 minute to look at my passport, didn't ask me any questions and the entire process took about 2 minutes. My main concern before arriving in Santiago was how long it was going to take to get the Compostela, I pictured a long line, moving slowly, when we walked into the Pilgrims office there was only a couple of other people in front of us. To be honest it seemed too easy to get the Compostela. But if you are concerned it was very easy to get 2 stamps per day as I saw many people doing, they got them at bars, the local church left it outside so you could self stamp, so that's not a problem.

BTW, as I said earlier, I just arrived home in San Diego, after finishing I had the opportunity to travel to Germany and England and visit with people I met on the Camino.

Well done on completing your pilgrimage. I'm glad you didn't have to wait long at the office. I've never seen or heard of anyone being refused a compostela for only having one sello per day - "the rule" is, I suspect, given as advice.

Regards

John

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Here a word from someone who almost had a problem at the Pilgrim's Office. Per the Oficina de Acogida al Peregrino there is a two stamp per day rule

I started in SJPdP on July 3rd and arrived in Santiago (yes, a pied) on July 22nd. When I received my credential in St. Jean I was never told that I had to have 2 stamps per day so I had mine stamped at the municipal or parishl auberge every evening. The "potenial problem" stemmed from the fact that I walked 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 stages per day and so ended up with less stamps than most...

The woman behind the desk asked about 3x if I had walked the whole way, looked up in her book the regulations and after handing me my Compostela also gave me a piece of paper "for the next Camino".
That piece of paper states:
2 On the Way: You should make use of your credential by getting stamps on it in the refuges, parishes or, if this is not possible, from other institutions or even commercial establishments with the DATES corresponding to the stages. It is necessary to get at least TWO STAMPS PER DAY.

I had never planned on reaching Santiago (or Finisterre for that matter) and so didn't think about receiving the Compostela. The closer I got, the more enthusiastic I became about getting one and so was relieved that I was given one in the end. Compostela or not, my legs and feet could attest to my walking the entire Camino Frances.

Have said on a previous route that we walked with many pilgrims who only notified the office once in Santiago of their place of origin and nationality.
They then continued to Finasterre where they requested their compostela.
They had the starting and finishing point on their passport [ booklet] and thats all that matters.

When we finished walking the Portuguses way the following year we never even thought about collecting a compostela.
The plane trip was 26hrs getting to Oporto and it was our desire to walk that way.
I personally think the compostela sits in the bottom draw and the passbook on the garage bench.

Its always there to remind you of the next way.

** We also found that after completing Francis/ Finasterre we really only enjoyed Santiago on our return caminos and when staying 4-6 days to enjoy the city .

When children we were once told about the front seat in church.
Sometimes i think the compostela is similar.

Safe travels and good health to all
David

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hola. Greetings from the Pilgrims´Office

The Guidance from the Pilgrims´Office is that Pilgrim´s are advised to collect 2 sellos per day with the date in the last 100 kms.

However I must stress that each pilgrim is dealt with according to their cirumstances. It is accepted that at times pilgrims may not be able to collect 2 sellos, for example due to night walking. It is also accepted that there may be reasons on some routes why pilgrims cannot immediately obtain a Credencial and they are advised to collect their sellos in a book or on a piece of paper with their name and the relevant dates.

Pilgrims with few sellos for the last 100 kms will be asked about their Camino including where they slept. If it is clear that they walked the route and did not use transport the Compostela will be issued and they will be advised that if they walk a route in future they should collect more sellos.

I hope this helps.

John

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I received my credential from the "American Pilgrims on the Camino" office this week. On the passport itself is stated that "two stamps per day are required in Galicia. On the final day, pilgrims must obtain two stamps BEFORE entering the city of Santiago." My question: Other than the refugio/albergue where you sleep, where do you get your credential stamped?

sanddreamer said:
I received my credential from the "American Pilgrims on the Camino" office this week. On the passport itself is stated that "two stamps per day are required in Galicia. On the final day, pilgrims must obtain two stamps BEFORE entering the city of Santiago." My question: Other than the refugio/albergue where you sleep, where do you get your credential stamped?

Everywhere! Churches, bars, restaurants...There's no shortage of places to get a stamp. Some are quite lovely. Remember to let the ink dry before closing it.

Three walks. One stamp a day.

No questions, and no problems getting Compostela.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hopefully I am not reading to much into this, but I suspect the real reason for the 2 stamps a day (only if you start in Galicia or the last 100 km) is primarily trying to weed out the pilgrim from the tourgrims.

WIth so many guided tours now available for the last 100 km with support van for meals and also to carry your backpacks, there must be many who did not walk all the way and expect to get a compostela. The 2 stamps a day may provide a deterrent for some of the cases, but will not eliminate certain tourgrims from getting their compostela without actually walking all the way.

Not difficult to find proof for that either. Last year as my Camino del Norte turns into Arzua (joining the Camino Frances), I've seen pilgrims with clean shoes, tiny backpack (just for water), walking painfully (probably blisters). Next thing you know they stop for coffee at the bar. They obviously asked for sellos on their credentials. After that a van came an whisk them off, probably to the end point of the day where they probably will get another sellos. I am not making this up but just from listening to their conversation, it was pretty obvious that they did not have to walk more than a few kms every day.

The "2-stamps-rule"

The stamped credential is the supporting document for the Compestalla, if I had to choose between the two i know which i would keep, it would be an easy choice.

I was once told by a young Spanish friend that a Compestalla was a valuable achievement to include in ones CV, this may be one reason for the greater numbers ( mainly spanish) completing the minimum distance or doing what it takes to get that document?

Hola sanddreamer,

You can also get sellos at the following place if other places are closed - guardia civil offices (open 24 hours a day), any ayuntamiento offices if opened, local police stations, mostly any cafe-bars on the routes to santiago, restaurants, most of the cafe-bars and restaurants within a radius of the camino if you happen to get lost.

John is correct in mentioning the 2 sellos per day practice. This is to minimize the abuse that is going on to obtain the compostela. Last june during my camino france, i pulled a nerve on my left shoulder.
While recuperating in the private hostal on the main road to santiago at o pedrouzo (which is less than 20 kilometers) from santiago, i saw a busload of tourists getting off a bus very quickly and told the bus driver to go quickly. This group started walking towards santiago. When i arrived at the pilgrim office, i saw this group waiting for their compostela. I also saw a lot of tourists taking the bus continuously to santiago in order to get their compostela. In galicia during the last 100 kilometers i saw many tourist taking taxis to get to santiago. I encountered heavy rain going into galicia. You can tell who took taxiis or buses because their botas (hiking boots) are all completely dried. Also in the pilgrim office while waiting for my compostela, i saw many, many people with very clean clothing and shoes. I

I rest my case.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Perhaps there could be another type of compostella for those who use other types of transportation?
Kathy

I've always gotten my credenciales from the APOC group, too, and never noticed that it said you had to get two stamps on the day you walk into Santiago, and BEFORE you enter the city, no less. I never had two -- just 1 -- and no one ever said anything. But I dug my two out, and I see the first one from 2009 did NOT have that wording on it, while my 2012 credencial does. Interesting! In 2012 I only walked from Sevilla to just outside of Salamanca, so I have no idea what would have happened if I'd walked into Santiago with just 1 stamp the final day. However, I suspect it wouldn't have been an issue.

Interesting, though -- on both VDLP trips, I ended up walking just 7 miles on my last day into Santiago. During that walk, I only passed through one tiny town. The town had a bar that gave sellos, but on my second trip through it hadn't opened yet for the day. Luckily I had the 1 stamp from my accommodation the night before, but what if you simply can't find any place to stamp your credencial outside of Santiago?

Melanie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Also did not have 2 stamps every day for last hundred kms and did not get questioned. I did have a worn out passport and a half starting in SJPdP

There is a lovely quotation to be found on this forum and attributed to various priests and pastors (and here I stand to be gently corrected by many contributors) " St James does not weigh your pack, nor God count your foot-steps - look to your heart pilgrim... " Perhaps there is scope here to add - " a Compostella is but a piece of paper".

And before the historians bite my bum I am conscious that in medieval times the Compostella had great value both spiritually, the relief from Purgatory, materially in the alleviation of tithe and tax, and even the 'kudos' attached to the pilgrims achievement. In Spain, and a some other European countries the Compostella is a valuable "ampliacion" to a young persons CV showing the basic skills of application and determination to achieve a goal.

Me, I am proud of my Compostella, I "earned" it by walking the Way. I didn't get two stamps every day but some days I got three - I collected stamps from places that had some significance, anticipated or discovered, to me. And I walked all the way. To my non-peregrino friends ( yes, a few still) it is but another colourful souvenir. If the "touregrinos", taxi-hoppers and mud-dodgers hold their certificates with the same pride I hold mine then good luck to them.

To return to the OP, Johnnie Walker (blessings upon him) and others have made clear that the guidance is unclear. The resolution is obvious - look to you heart pilgrim, look to your heart.

Well spoken Tincatinker , it is a mere piece of paper.
To some there is pride getting this , to others it's not that important.
In 07 we got ours and on walking to Finasterre met Martina a nurse from the Uk who had started in Le Puy. The only compostella she collected was in Finasterrre , she knew what she had done and was very proud of this achievement .
Deep down mate the taxi hoppers , mud dodgers or bus riders CANNOT have the same pride as you.

Some can and do avoid this example , but what a wonderful feeling when you complete your studies and eventually pass the final uni exams .
You know you deserve the frame on the wall.

I didn't know about the '2 stamps rule' until I reached Muxia. I think they looked at my credential and saw I started in SJPP and figured that was good enough.

Evidently going from Muxia --> Finisterre requires two stamps (there's a small town with a bar along the way where you get the second stamp) though to get the Fisterra, even if you clearly walked to Muxia from Santiago. I guess they don't want you skimping out on that last day.

What a great thread about stamps! You meet so many people along the Camino. There are the ones who join the Camino in Sarria trying to fill their passport with stamps. There are the ones starting in SJPP who race around everyday trying to fill their passport with as many sellos as the day allows, and then there are the ones who almost forget to get the obligatory stamp from the place they spent the night, as if they were sleeping under the stars. Bless them all for the pleasure they get for adding a tiny souvenir to their personal history.

The "2-stamps-rule"

I will be solo walking from Los Arcos to Burgos (112.38km) and then joining a walk/bus group (to calm the nerves of husband and family left behind). By the Camino rules I am not allowed a Campostella? This makes me sad.

Re: The

dmantony said:
I will be solo walking from Los Arcos to Burgos (112.38km) and then joining a walk/bus group (to calm the nerves of husband and family left behind). By the Camino rules I am not allowed a Campostella? This makes me sad.
It depends what your walk/bus group does, I suppose. If the bus just takes you to/from a hotel but drops you off at the same place in the morning I don't think it matters. I may be wrong. Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
As someone planning to walk the Camino, but not having yet done it... Walking the Camino seems like it is a very personal thing - everybody has different motivations and gets something different out of the experience. If there are people who get their compostella by cheating, it seems that they are really only cheating themselves. So they have a piece of paper that says they walked, but what is that really? For anybody who actually walked, is the compostella the most important thing that you got out of your Camino?

You're 100% right november_moon. There are lots of ways you could cheat the system if you wanted to but what would be the point? We're not tagged or having our movements monitored 24/7. I cherish my Compostelas because they represent an achievement and memories. Buen Camino!

november_moon said:
For anybody who actually walked, is the compostella the most important thing that you got out of your Camino?
For me, no. Perhaps it's different because I now have a couple but I don't look at them or the couple from Finisterre or the one from Muxia.

What's important to me are the friends I made and the lessons I learnt. The Compostela is merely a piece of paper and my journal, credential and photos (in that order) are far more important to me.

St James hasn't finished with me yet and I'm still drawn to walking the various routes. I expect I'll walk into Santiago many times in the future, however, I won't be collecting any more Compostelas.

People who feel the need to "cheat" in order to obtain a Compostela are in need of our sympathy rather than our condemnation. How sad to feel that you are only worthy if someone else says so.

^ Also, I think, if you're cheating you're only really doing it to gain the Compostela. So if you want the Compostela, the minimum is 100km and no one would really 'fake' all the way from, say, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. That's why I figured I wouldn't need more than one stamp per day on the last 100km (I had no more space). No questions, got the compostela right away.

The "2-stamps-rule"

NoorvanderVeen said:
^ Also, I think, if you're cheating you're only really doing it to gain the Compostela. So if you want the Compostela, the minimum is 100km and no one would really 'fake' all the way from, say, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port.

It is possible that someone who walked from SJPP may not be capable of completing the last 100km due to illness injury etc, and it is possible that they may feel an entitlement to a Compostela for the 600 or so Km that they did complete, only to be robbed of that recognition because they could not complete the last 100K, especially when many others only walk the last 100k and can get the Compostela.

ffp13 said:
It is possible that someone who walked from SJPP may not be capable of completing the last 100km due to illness injury etc, and it is possible that they may feel an entitlement to a Compostela for the 100s Km that they did complete, only to be robbed of that recognition because they could not complete the last 100K, especially when many others only walk the last 100k and can get the Compostela.

Well, as with most things in life, a line has to be drawn somewhere, otherwise chaos would ensue.
For instance, I could walk 100kms from my front door, in the direction of Santiago, as a pilgrim - would that entitle me to a compostela??. As it happens, I do have the "piece of paper", and as others have said, the satisfaction is in my own head for having achieved what I set out to do.....

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Sojourner47 said:
Well, as with most things in life, a line has to be drawn somewhere, otherwise chaos would ensue.
And we can't have chaos in this orderly world :wink:

The compostela can only mean to you what you did to earn it ... those who "cheated" to get one will have the same satisfaction as those who bought their degree from an online diploma mill. They are fooling only themselves, and perhaps those who don't know any better.

As everyone's Camino is different, everyone's Compostela will mean something different to the one who earned it and how others manage to get theirs will not take a whit away from mine or yours. :)

In any case, the "real" Compostela is in the heart and earned step-by-step ...

Hi!
Sorry to bring this topic up again but did I undrestand it correctly - I'm starting from Ponferrada so I'll have my 200+ km, but still, from Galicia I should collect two stamps, just in cases?

Thank you so much! :)

Hello.
There are rumors that the personnel in the pilgrims office handles the "2-stamp-rule" different. Some of the people require 2 stamps for the whole journey. Others only for the stretch in Galicia and others only for the last 100km (Sarría to SdC). What is right? Has someone good connection to the pilgims office so that an official statement from the pilgrims office could be published here?
Buen Camino
Jochen
Two caminos, on both occasions I did not have two stamps every day from Sarria. They asked where I started from, reasons for doing it and gave me my compostela. Pamplona first time and St Jean second time was enough for the pilgrim office. As to rumours about two stamps the whole way, someone is having a laugh. Just not true. Remember that you are on a pilgrimage and it is between you and God. The pilgrim office are not going to devalue your pilgrimage in that way

As to rumours about two stamps the whole way, someone is having a laugh. Just not true.
Two stamps in the last 100 km is not only true, but it is printed on many credentials!! Two stamps all the way is not true. The Pilgrim Office takes some latitude when they see a credential with stamps going back to France, but pilgrims walking from Sarria to Santiago will get scrutiny. Pilgrim Office volunteers/employees show a lot of judgement. :)

Its not on the Irish credentials. What do pilgrims who stop at Monte do Gozo do for two stamps on last day. The hype about these two stamps is getting out of hand. Walk from St Jean to Satiago, you will get a compostela, walk from Sarria and get two stamps per day up to Monte do Gozo and you will get your compostela. The pilgrim office are not secret police out to trick true pilgrims out of their compostela, in fact I would not be surprised if they were all past pilgrims themselves and are only there to help, not hinder

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Walked from St Jean to Santiago. Only got stamps from the overnight albergues. The man in Santiago just looked me up and down, decided I looked the part and gave me the Compostela.

Walked from St Jean to Santiago. Only got stamps from the overnight albergues. The man in Santiago just looked me up and down, decided I looked the part and gave me the Compostela.
Hi, just finished my Camino Frances from SJPDP, had only stamps from the albergues was no problem at all. You only need 2 stamps a day when you walk from Sarria to Santiago. Wish you well, Peter.

I think it's safe to say that if you are there to walk your own camino, being honest all the way, you can trust life and it's gifts.
Thank you all! :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back