Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Trouble in Burgos

Camino(s) past & future
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
I am puzzled. Is this photograph not from Belgium?

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.

Seems this is a retweet from someone from Elsene ( Brussels ) but it is indeed from Burgos.
There were some protests in Brussels ( not regarding Covid ) but not on this scale.

Last edited:

peregrina2000

Staff member

The Spanish national TV reports that there were 100 violent protestors in Burgos, throwing rocks at police cars and setting things on fire. In other words, vandalism.

Rj7797

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017
I've seen similar albiet a bit more peaceful gatherings in other countries. I am afraid that this might be only the beginning as "lockdown" spreads. The longer is lasts the worse it will become I would guess which seems like such a no win situation. Hope to be wrong. Stay safe out there.

Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
“Bunch of young people throw things at police cars and set fire to litter bins” - that’d pass for a normal Friday night in a lot of places. A google or two will lead you to all sorts of excitements. Doesn’t change a thing in a world with a brand new virus that’ll bite your bum if you give it a chance.
I’ll remain relaxed about street riots and revolutions; in fact I’ll just wash my hands 😉

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Camino(s) past & future
Many, various, and continuing.
Yes, it happens in Spain. Burgos got out of hand, as the long All Saints weekend is pretty much canceled and that's a major family get-together time. Tons of people out of work, nothing to do, noplace to go, no money to spend. What's amazing is how little damage is done, and how little violence there's been so far.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances , Pamplona Burgos august 2018 Burgos to Santiago 19 /04 to 20/05/2019
Sorry Rozenne don't understand your post ?
Bad connection today in the far west of Brittany !! I tried to
Upload a video sent by a spanish friend of a group
Of people in Burgos breaking into the Decathlon shop in Gamonal de Riopico and leaving with brand new bicycles!
Anyway.. this gives me good reason to improve my media’s skills
No nice anyway to see young people using violence

Advertisement

Booking.com