• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wanted to arrive at SJPDP via Biarritz..... confused

SarahTheKiwi

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning 2024 Camino Frances
Hi - I'm from New Zealand and the last time I travelled to Europe was 2002! I'm planning my flights.

My intention was to fly out of Dubai to London (LHR or GTW), fly to Biarritz, then train Bayonne to SJDPD. I had it all worked out in my head!

However, I can only seem to find one flight a day from London area to Biarritz. I was under the impression there were more? I don't want my plans derailed by one flight getting cancelled.

Other options are flying into to Madrid, Barcelona or Paris, or sticking with London but coming into SJPDP a different way. I'm a bit overwhelmed trying to nut this out. I'm trying to make plans that aren't too tight, and there's spare flights/trains later in the day if the original plan fails.

Would appreciate any help, especially if anyone knows if the Biarritz flights are reliable?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You did not mention when you plan to travel - the time of year may make a difference. At this time of year there are two airlines with direct flights from London to Biarritz. Easyjet fly from Gatwick and Ryanair fly from Stansted. Both of them are fairly reliable and pretty busy.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi - I'm from New Zealand and the last time I travelled to Europe was 2002! I'm planning my flights.

My intention was to fly out of Dubai to London (LHR or GTW), fly to Biarritz, then train Bayonne to SJDPD. I had it all worked out in my head!

However, I can only seem to find one flight a day from London area to Biarritz. I was under the impression there were more? I don't want my plans derailed by one flight getting cancelled.

Other options are flying into to Madrid, Barcelona or Paris, or sticking with London but coming into SJPDP a different way. I'm a bit overwhelmed trying to nut this out. I'm trying to make plans that aren't too tight, and there's spare flights/trains later in the day if the original plan fails.

Would appreciate any help, especially if anyone knows if the Biarritz flights are reliable?
Hi Sarah, I'm also flying from Gatwick to Biarritz in September and flight arrives at 6.45pm. I'm crossing my fingers that all goes according to plan. From Biarritz I hope to take Express Bouricott to SJPP.

Welcome to the forum, @SarahTheKiwi. When planning a journey, I often find the flight destination maps of an airport useful. Here are links to these maps for Biarritz and Bordeaux which is also a viable option for getting to SJPP:

These are current flight connections but probably more or less what you can expect in September 2024. Buen Camino!

PS: I know that you want to fly to these airports and not from them. The maps work in both ways ☺️. And obviously, flying from Dubai to an international airport in Spain or France instead of in the UK makes it easier to continue your journey when the connecting flight is cancelled because it is easier and generally cheaper to continue by train or bus than it is from the UK.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

I usually fly into either Paris or Madrid. They have several trains a day that take you to Bayonne and from there you connect to SJPDP. If you fly to Madrid, you can take the train to Pamplona and then a bus over to SJPDP. You can use the OMIO app to book it.

I've noticed that travellers from Australia and New Zealand (such as @SarahTheKiwi) mention Barcelona airport as a good option for them when they change planes in Dubai. So here is the destination map for Dubai which may help with the planning:

A selection of Camino Jewellery
And obviously, flying from Dubai to an international airport in Spain or France instead of in the UK makes it easier to continue your journey when the connecting flight is cancelled because it is easier and generally cheaper to continue by train or bus than it is from the UK.
Solid advice...

Fly to Dublin with Emirates, then south to Biarritz with Ryanair. I am making this journey on the 20th.
Buen Camino! 😎 🇳🇿

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Hi Sarah,
I am from Australia and found that flying to Charles de Gaulle Paris worked well . Then a direct train from the airport to Bordeaux change trains then straight to Bayonne, stayed in Bayonne overnight explored Bayonne in the morning took the short trip to SJPP about mid afternoon..
I have also gone via Barcelona, but had more time to do tourist things (5 days) before heading to SJPP .
If you don’t have to fly to busy London then Paris is quite a direct option.
Happy travels.

I have only travelled from London once to start a Camino, and on that occasion had other commitments in England beforehand. For the CF, I have travelled through CDG and Barcelona, both times taking the train for the next leg of my onwards journey to SJPP.

I flew into Biarritz in September last year to start the Camino from SJPP. I used Express Bourricot which picked up from the Biarritz Airport and drops off in SJPP, if the van is full, the seat is 19 Euro. The trip takes about an hour. You would need to reserve through their website. Expressbourricot.com I'm not sure of their hours but they are very quick to respond (in english).
Hope that helps!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You did not mention when you plan to travel - the time of year may make a difference. At this time of year there are two airlines with direct flights from London to Biarritz. Easyjet fly from Gatwick and Ryanair fly from Stansted. Both of them are fairly reliable and pretty busy.
Yes as stated they are both reliable airlines and are flying from their ‘hub’ airports so wouldn’t worry too much about whether the flight will operate. >99% of flights do operate and these airlines are well able to handle disruption. When are you travelling.

Thank you everyone for your replies! I wrote a reply last night, only to find I wasn't logged in and my message went south! I am flying Emirates via Dubai around 24 April 2024. I have worked out I can fly straight into Gatwick to pick up the Biarritz flight from there (instead of Heathrow). I've also worked out that Paris and Madrid are valid options, also maybe Lyon which is serviced by Emirates. Lyon never seems to get a mention though? Something we don't have a lot of in my part of New Zealand is passenger trains. It's taking me a while to get my head around the fact that this is a viable (and often best) option when in Europe. Travel aye! It opens the mind in unexpected ways.

A question - how many of you arrive in SJPDP and just start walking? How many of you overnight in SJPDP before walking? Hoping I can get from Dubai to SJPDP without having to overnight anywhere else in between as I want to maximise my walking days.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
A question - how many of you arrive in SJPDP and just start walking? How many of you overnight in SJPDP before walking?
I have always stayed overnight after arriving, both in SJPdP, and on my other Caminos in Portugal, France and Italy. I definitely need time to decompress physically and emotionally from everything relating to travel, including time zone changes.

A question - how many of you arrive in SJPDP and just start walking? How many of you overnight in SJPDP before walking?
I have always stayed overnight in SJPDP. But if I intended to end my first day at Orisson or Valcarlos rather than Roncesvalles then I might consider setting off on the day I reached SJPDP - provided that was fairly early in the day.

I have always stayed overnight in SJPDP. But if I intended to end my first day at Orisson or Valcarlos rather than Roncesvalles then I might consider setting off on the day I reached SJPDP - provided that was fairly early in the day.
@Bradypus, you are coming from a short travel day from the UK and only a one hour time zone change. There is no comparison to the traveling logistics and extreme time changes as someone coming from New Zealand.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I once had my backpack lost for a day by the airline, and was only able to get to Bayonne. If this happens to you, the morning bus or train (depending on whether a strike is dictating), gets one to SJPP by 9 ish, leaving just enough time to stop in the Pilgrim office and walk to Roncevalles. However, a day in Saint Jean is a nice pause, after a long journey

@Bradypus, you are coming from a short travel day from the UK and only a one hour time zone change. There is no comparison to the traveling logistics and extreme time changes as someone coming from New Zealand.
True. But we do not all experience long-distance travel and jet lag in the same way. I was simply pointing out that a relatively short walk to Valcarlos or Orisson is one option for someone who arrives in SJPDP early in the day and who feels ready to begin walking rather than spend the remainder of the arrival day in SJPDP.

True. But we do not all experience long-distance travel and jet lag in the same way. I was simply pointing out that a relatively short walk to Valcarlos or Orisson is one option for someone who arrives in SJPDP early in the day and who feels ready to begin walking rather than spend the remainder of the arrival day in SJPDP.
Ok, I hear you, but SJPdP is a beautiful town. It's rampart walls are fun to walk around, and visiting the church along with many other little town nuggets is special. It would be a shame to hurry away and spend no time there for a person who has never been before unless it was a true necessity.
I walked to Valcarlos the next day and thought it was long enough to enjoy the beauty along the way as I had never been to Spain, nor walked that far before.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I like to spend a night or more in my first point of arrival in Europe - Paris, Madrid, Lisbon, etc. before making my way to my Camino starting point.
I agree and often spend several nights in those fly-in cities before or after the Camino, depending, as they have so much to offer as a "tourist".

I like to spend a night or more in my first point of arrival in Europe - Paris, Madrid, Lisbon, etc. before making my way to my Camino starting point.
And all those places are on caminos, so if one wants to stretch their legs, shake off the flight dregs, and get in some practise finding and following yellow arrows, one need only head to the cathedral or the oldest church and start walking. 😎

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And all those places are on caminos, so if one wants to stretch their legs, shake off the flight dregs, and get in some practise finding and following yellow arrows, one need only head to the cathedral or the oldest church and start walking. 😎
In the case of Lisbon I just started my Camino from there!

Australian here, and I'm a bit confused why do you want to go all the way to England and back. Is it the price? Isn't Madrid an easier option (specially for the return, santiago-madrid)? Land there, take the train or bus to Pamplona from the airport Terminal 4. Then from Pamplona it's a short bus or taxi.

A question - how many of you arrive in SJPDP and just start walking? How many of you overnight in SJPDP before walking? Hoping I can get from Dubai to SJPDP without having to overnight anywhere else in between as I want to maximise my walking days.
I have done both, but did arrive at quite different times of the day. Clearly arriving on the evening train meant staying the night. When my wife and I arrived around 9:00 am, we walked that day. But in that latter case, we had stayed between Pamplona and SJPP the previous night, and were driven to SJPP in the morning.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi @SarahTheKiwi,

I'm from Aus and as many others have said, unless you want to go to London for a particular reason, it will be much easier to fly to Madrid or Paris. If choosing Paris, then @Bruce777 has recommended a good option.

Emirates does fly to Lyon. However, Lyon is not well connected by train to Biarritz. This option would take much longer than travelling directly from Paris. Flying directly to Lyon is a great option for walking the Le Puy route, but not the Frances. 🙂

Hope this helps, and wishing you a buen camino.

Thank you everyone for your replies! I wrote a reply last night, only to find I wasn't logged in and my message went south! I am flying Emirates via Dubai around 24 April 2024. I have worked out I can fly straight into Gatwick to pick up the Biarritz flight from there (instead of Heathrow). I've also worked out that Paris and Madrid are valid options, also maybe Lyon which is serviced by Emirates. Lyon never seems to get a mention though? Something we don't have a lot of in my part of New Zealand is passenger trains. It's taking me a while to get my head around the fact that this is a viable (and often best) option when in Europe. Travel aye! It opens the mind in unexpected ways.

I think the point you make around trains is a good one and I notice that many infrequent or first time visitors to Europe from OZ, NZ, CA, US understandably don’t quite ‘get it’.

There are probably 50, maybe more, airports that you can fly into in Europe and make it to SJDPP easily. Of course BCN/MAD/CDG/ORY are the easy ones but hypothetically if a flight to say either LIS or BRU was £300 less you could probably take the train/flights to SJDPP for <£100.

So I would always do a search from your home country to ‘Europe’ and see what it throws up. The longer the journey, the more choice generally especially when coming through the Middle East. You know what is important to you, price, schedule, destinations etc.

If you do want to visit London you can easily catch the train from London to France or Belgium and connect. You would get a great fare booking a long way ahead and it’s an incredible city.

Last edited:
I have done both, but did arrive at quite different times of the day. Clearly arriving on the evening train meant staying the night. When my wife and I arrived around 9:00 am, we walked that day. But in that latter case, we had stayed between Pamplona and SJPP the previous night, and were driven to SJPP in the morning.
My guess is that you probably stayed at Corazon Puro, Ivan's pension, same as we did in 2015. He then drove us to SJPdP the next morning. It is a nice memory of my first night in Spain. I was disappointed when it was closed permanently the next time I walked the Frances.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi everyone - yes no need for me to go to London for any particular reason. Thought it was the easiest gateway to Biarritz, but apparently not. Lyon and Paris both have decent flights to Biarritz, but then again I need to check the train schedule and pricing - particularly if I flight into Paris/Madrid. (Such unfamiliar ground, and I'm guessing sometimes the train can be just as fast because train stations are generally central to a city, whereas airports are generally on the outskirts and take some getting to).

By the way, has anyone read the Biarritz Airport feedback on Google? The train is looking like a better option after reading that!

By the way, has anyone read the Biarritz Airport feedback on Google? The train is looking like a better option after reading that!
I just had a look at the Google feedback. The very negative stuff doesn't sound much like my experience on several trips. I've found it a very straightforward place to pass through - most recently in January this year. On the ground and out of the airport in under 15 minutes even with a checked rucksack to pick up.

Hi everyone - yes no need for me to go to London for any particular reason. Thought it was the easiest gateway to Biarritz, but apparently not. Lyon and Paris both have decent flights to Biarritz, but then again I need to check the train schedule and pricing - particularly if I flight into Paris/Madrid. (Such unfamiliar ground, and I'm guessing sometimes the train can be just as fast because train stations are generally central to a city, whereas airports are generally on the outskirts and take some getting to).

I think that you are too focused on going to Biarritz when your destination is St Jean Pied de Port.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I think that you are too focused on going to Biarritz when your destination is St Jean Pied de Port.

Sarah, are you doing something or meeting someone in Biarritz?
If not, maybe consider some of the options above that take you directly to St Jean PdP.

If you are flying with Emirates, Etihad or Singapore Airlines, they can all drop you in Madrid or Paris.

- From Madrid (Barajas): train/bus direct from the airport to Pamplona. From Pamplona, the Alsa bus or taxi to St Jean.

- From Paris (Charles de Gaulle): train from the airport to Bayonne (changing carriages in Bordeaux). From Bayonne, another short train to St Jean.

Trains are super reliable in Europe, more than flights, and you can probably avoid lots of imigration and security lines.

@trecile - with all due respect New Zealand is a heck of a long way to fly from. It's a logistical eye opener (and no less than four flights and 27 hours of flying time not including transits) just to get to Paris / Madrid / Lyon / Barcelona or whichever way I come to get into SJPDP.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@trecile - with all due respect New Zealand is a heck of a long way to fly from. It's a logistical eye opener (and no less than four flights and 27 hours of flying time not including transits) just to get to Paris / Madrid / Lyon / Barcelona or whichever way I come to get into SJPDP.
If I understand correctly I think @trecile is absolutely right irrespective of length of journey. It’s nothing to do with that. (BTW in think You can actually do it with one change over DOH or DXB into Madrid or the other way round via LAX or SFO and arrive in the west coast arriving ‘before you left’ after crossing the international dateline). It’s the same coming from NZ as coming from the east or west coast of USA. As ground transportation options in Europe are so numerous it’s not about getting to a destination airport it’s about getting to the final destination. You will be offered far more options and this may throw different prices and options!

Last edited:
Hi Sarah

I’ve flown from Australia to Europe many times to walk Caminos and other travels. It’s a long trip, I know. And from NZ probably a little longer. I think you’re getting good suggestions here.

@Anamya post #37 sums up the most straightforward.

For ease of getting to SJPP, as others have, I would recommend one of those two options - flying in to Paris or Madrid. I have also flown emirates into Barcelona. It’s also a good option but note there are fewer direct trains to Pamplona than from Madrid. A deciding factor could be where you might to visit after / return from to NZ, e.g there is a fast train from Santiago to Madrid.

Going to London or Lyon unless you want to visit there, adds complication and probably time.

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I am flying from Paris to biarritz on 23rd August and will arrive in Biarritz at 9pm. If you’re interested I would appreciate someone to share the journey, cost and nerves/excitement with to SJPDP. If that date doesn’t suit then have a wonderful time and buen Camino 😊

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Nice to hear from you @Devinesilk . I'll certainly be transiting on that day, but hopefully running a little bit earlier. I will certainly be full of nerves and excitement too... hence the planning! But I'm looking forward to the walking which will be a less structured few weeks. Hope to cross paths with you, and buen Camino!

London->Paris->Biarritz (via train or plane)->SJPDP via train. More flights from Paris to Biarritz. The journey is part of the fun.

€46,-
Hi people! Thank you for all your assistance - my tickets are booked and paid for! So excited, so nervous, so everything! I'll leave Invercargill on 21 April, get to SJPDP about 6pm on 23 April, and start walking on 24 April. I have a sleep in Dubai on the way (although who sleeps when they're excited!)

Hi people! Thank you for all your assistance - my tickets are booked and paid for! So excited, so nervous, so everything! I'll leave Invercargill on 21 April, get to SJPDP about 6pm on 23 April, and start walking on 24 April. I have a sleep in Dubai on the way (although who sleeps when they're excited!)
Nice one! Which route/airlines did you take in the end beyond DXB?

Nice one! Which route/airlines did you take in the end beyond DXB?
I considered Emirates or Air France out of Paris, or the train.

Emirates had the best connection, was cheaper than Air France. I thoroughly considered the train from Paris, but it was slower and only slightly cheaper than the plane for the connections that would work for me.

Still a toss up between the train and Express Bouricott on the last leg to SJPDP. I'm just going to relax about this bit!

Hi Sarah, I'm also flying from Gatwick to Biarritz in September and flight arrives at 6.45pm. I'm crossing my fingers that all goes according to plan. From Biarritz I hope to take Express Bouricott to SJPP.
Express Bouricot from Biarritz to SJPP is very easy, flexible, and relatively inexpensive. I did this for my Camino Frances. I’d recommend it as they I think they will be able to accommodate you no matter your arrival time.

The flights out of Gatwick to Biarritz are reliable, did it last year, you get a bus at Biarritz airport to Bayonne, takes about 30 minutes, stop over in Bayonne for one night then catch the train to SJPDP, our train didn’t go all the way to SJPDP, but there was a bus waiting at the last train stop to take us on to SJPDP.
Buen Camino!!

Express Bouricot from Biarritz to SJPP is very easy, flexible, and relatively inexpensive. I did this for my Camino Frances. I’d recommend it as they I think they will be able to accommodate you no matter your arrival time.
I have spoken with them and at present I’m the only passenger enquiring about that time so they have quoted me their night time rate (€160). This will reduce with each additional passenger and if the taxi becomes full it will reduce to around €19 each.

€46,-
I have spoken with them and at present I’m the only passenger enquiring about that time so they have quoted me their night time rate (€160). This will reduce with each additional passenger and if the taxi becomes full it will reduce to around €19 each.
This is what I'm kind of waiting around to see..... Express Bouricott is more convenient but can be more expensive. I also like the idea of the train, so will see closer to the time.

I recently (two weeks ago) booked my flight out of Atlanta GA USA direct to Paris to Charles De Gaulle airport. I booked a train from CDG to St Jean Pied de Porto. There is a change of train at Bayonne to the SJPDP which is the end of the line station where the visitor office is located. You walk a short distance to town.

My plan was to arrive in Paris around 7 AM. Gather my gear from baggage. Then leave on the 1:00 PM train. Arrive in SJPDP at 7:00 PM. Still some sunlight upon arrival. There is an earlier train departing at 6:00 AM. Appealing but I gave myself the 5 hour gap to provide some cushion for the "it" happens rule.

Spending two days in SJPDP to get over the jet lag and ready myself for the start of my Pilgrimage.

Tickets were purchased via: SNCF-Connect.com

Price was $165 Euro.

Booking tickets was a bit intimidating in their system.

Enjoy your planning.

Just jump onto a discount airfare booking platform such as CheapFlights, WebJet etc. Every trip on every day at every time in the world will be available for you to choose. I’m flying in to Biarritz too, from Australia, in Sept. Hanging around in a lovely Air BnB to get over the jet lag, then will head over to SJPDP and start walking on the 19th. Woohoo - so exciting, isn’t it!!?!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Hi, I’m flying from Australia into London, then 6 am flight the next morning to Biarritz. It was the only direct flight I could find. Like you, I’m a bit worried about the flight being cancelled, but willing that will not be the case. I could find other flights, but they were taking 5 or more hours. I’ll be leaving from Stansted airport in London.

Hi, I’m flying from Australia into London, then 6 am flight the next morning to Biarritz. It was the only direct flight I could find. Like you, I’m a bit worried about the flight being cancelled, but willing that will not be the case. I could find other flights, but they were taking 5 or more hours. I’ll be leaving from Stansted airport in London.
Hi ReggieLouise - I've elected to access Biarritz from within France (Paris) for this reason. Miss the first flight, there's a second. Also the train as a further backup. If I missed the single flight from London to Biarritz it would affect a future booking at the beginning of the camino.

For me, the easiest route was to get to Paris at Charles De Gaulle and take the train all the way to SJDPD and you walk a short distance to the visitor center. I did not even book a reservation for shelter. Been known to sleep on picnic benches if needed. Not in a rush to do this trip. Be in SJDPD 8-15-23 8-9 PM if all goes well.

Have a successful trip

Whiteblaze

Just wanted to return to this thread - and ask about accommodation if I may.

I am flying in to Biarritz, (one night stay in Dubai - and having one night in St Jean PBP before walking).

I would like to add an extra night - either St Jean (or anywhere after Biarritz). This will give me a buffer in case of strikes, missed connections, etc. I'm thinking Bayonne? Would I need to book ahead in April 2024, or is it alright to just turn up? Would be nice if I could have a wee peek at the Biarritz coastline before I get into Camino mode, and also turn up at St Jean PBP feeling refreshed.

I agree - Bayonne is great and very convenient for your onward journey.
Another option, if you want to be beside the sea with a beach and a fishing port, is Saint Jean de Luz, just down the coast. Really hit the spot for me.

I agree - Bayonne is great and very convenient for your onward journey.
Another option, if you want to be beside the sea with a beach and a fishing port, is Saint Jean de Luz, just down the coast. Really hit the spot for me.
Another vote for a night in Bayonne or Saint Jean de Luz. I prefer both to Biarritz. Just a personal preference. It’s a short train journey between all three. Note that the train stations in both Bayonne and Saint Jean de Luz are an easy short walk to the centre ville.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ps. We started the Camino Baztan in Bayonne in May this year. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Refuge Saint-Jaques in Bayonne. You can book ahead. There is also gite Accueil Pèlerins Sainte-Elizabeth in Saint Jean de Luz, though I don’t have first hand experience. 😎

There is also gite Accueil Pèlerins Sainte-Elizabeth in Saint Jean de Luz, though I don’t have first hand experience
I stayed there this year and it was a very nice facility. The bathrooms were especially nice, and seemed to be very recently updated.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I flew the same way in August, except instead of London, via Dublin. Plenty of Ryanair flights to Biarritz.

Thanks everyone again for your helpful replies - why didn't I think of gites / auberges!? Must look into these options. Will be a great way to get into the Camino spirit before St Jean PBP.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back