• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where did you walk today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stiff and sore after walking 20kms on the Bibbulmun track from Sullivan's Rock over Mt Cook and return.
Lovely flat walk until the Mt Cook hut where we met a father and his young daughter who gave us the jitters by saying there had been Ticks seen around the hut. Eeek! We saw a couple crawling on the ground so that cut short our rest:-(
Climbing up to the summit of Mt Cook exhausted me as it was now too hot but the marvellous views made up for it.
I would show some photos but don't know how!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Stiff and sore after walking 20kms on the Bibbulmun track from Sullivan's Rock over Mt Cook and return.
Lovely flat walk until the Mt Cook hut where we met a father and his young daughter who gave us the jitters by saying there had been Ticks seen around the hut. Eeek! We saw a couple crawling on the ground so that cut short our rest:-(
Climbing up to the summit of Mt Cook exhausted me as it was now too hot but the marvellous views made up for it.
I would show some photos but don't know how!!

Hi camino07, its easy to upload photos, just click on the "upload file" button, go to the folder where you keep your photos, choose a photo, click on "open" the photo will upload to the forum where you write your post then just click "post reply"
Ashampoo_Snap_2014.11.02_11h41m42s_007_.png

Thanks Wayfarer.I'm going senile now I just have to find where my photos are on my computer. Duh!!
Will try tomorrow.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We have had a week walking in the area around Clunton (Shropshire) and on Offa's Dyke, followed by a week with family.
The hill out of Clunton back to Cwm was a real challenge as was the section we chose on Offa's Dyke. It was the mid way point which apparently is also its steepest when walking north :)

The walk in Cardingmill Valley was lovely with stepping stones across the stream in places.
For Offa's Dyke we walked from the village, along the road past the church and then up the steep hill (past the water tap at the bottom), up past the half-way marker and then on uphill for a time before joining the road back round to the bottom of the hill and returning to the village. We have now walked a section at the begining and this middle section so think we should head for a section nearly into Prestatyn next time. :):)

Attachments

• cardingmill.jpg
    cardingmill.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 13
  • Offas dyke.jpg
    Offas dyke.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 13
  • OD half-way.jpg
    OD half-way.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 12
  • OD view.jpg
    OD view.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 12
  • OD view2.jpg
    OD view2.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
An away day hike today in County Sligo with the Challenge Hikers, a demanding steep climb up to Ben Bulben and Kings Mountain with the slight drawback of having to work late on Friday so had to leave home at 6 am on Saturday to make the starting time. Link is to a Facebook album of photos from the day.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10202919294205630

Just returned from a weekend away with Camino buddies in Limerick.
We talked about previous caminos, discussed future plans and drank a little too much red vino!
We also walked around Lough Gur in Limerick, which was a stone-age settlement.
No walk in Ireland is complete without rain, and we got plenty of it.
2014-11-15%2013.17.22.jpg

2014-11-15%2013.43.59.jpg

2014-11-15%2014.13.30.jpg

2014-11-15%2014.13.37.jpg

An away day hike today in County Sligo with the Challenge Hikers, a demanding steep climb up to Ben Bulben and Kings Mountain with the slight drawback of having to work late on Friday so had to leave home at 6 am on Saturday to make the starting time. Link is to a Facebook album of photos from the day.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10202919294205630
Well done Seamus,
Looks very steep - up and down.
Great photos and the weather looks good.
Audrey.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A cold walk on the Penniac Road this morning, only a couple of kms as my ankle was sore. But it was profitable, I picked up 5 beer and pop cans and made 25 cents (5 cent redemption fee) and found a $5.00 bill on the side of the road - yeehhhh Goes into my upcoming camino travel fund.

Leading a hike today for The Irish Ramblers Hiking Club, posted photos of the reccie about a month ago but ground was a lot heavier today after recent heavy rain and a straight forward river crossing a month ago took a lot of careful positioning, not as many shots today as I was leading.
Link is to a Facebook album of the photos I managed to take between falling into bog holes and serving as a crossing rope for the other hikers.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10202961499460735?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Leading a hike today for The Irish Ramblers Hiking Club, posted photos of the reccie about a month ago but ground was a lot heavier today after recent heavy rain and a straight forward river crossing a month ago took a lot of careful positioning, not as many shots today as I was leading.
Link is to a Facebook album of the photos I managed to take between falling into bog holes and serving as a crossing rope for the other hikers.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10202961499460735?ref=notif&notif_t=like
Lovely November morning.
Bray to Kilcoole and back by the coast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Four hour walk on home trails and returning in the dark on Thanksgiving Day. Could have kept walking right out of town.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

P1090061.JPG

image.jpg My usual 12 km circuit through local streets and then into the bush and up the Great North Walk, before heading for the coffee shop. I love that Sydney has patches of wilderness running through it. Here's where I walk.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As a change from yesterdays hike, today was a 27 km urban walk at a very brisk 6.5 kms an hour, my legs will doubtless be thanking me for such a weekend tomorrow. Not much in the way of scenery so mainly roadside sights. Link is to a F.B. album of today's pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10202999432489037?ref=notif&notif_t=like
That all looks very familiar.
I used to walk that route when I was training to walk the Dublin Marathon last year. I would do short walks during the week and a long one at the weekend.
Didn't do it this year. Maybe once in a lifetime is enough?

A short walk today along local roads. During the summer there were road works and some of the signs have still not been collected. One has now been decorated for Christmas (?) :)

(And 'No' we didn't do it)

Attachments

• original sign.jpg
    original sign.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 15
  • road sign.jpg
    road sign.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 15
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Today saw a repeat of last Saturdays hike from Laragh, along the Mall Hill tracks and back by the Brockagh ridge to Laragh with just a couple of minor route variations but what a change in weather, last week wearing just a single layer and a gillet, today long sleeved tech layer and long sleeved merino wool layer and the gillet plus winter weight thermal gloves but great group of 6 others along to take the mind of the piercing cold wind. Link is to a FB album of some shots from the day.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203039844619315

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203052244969316?ref=notif&notif_t=like
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203052259209672?ref=notif&notif_t=like
After yesterdays mornings hike in the Brockaghs and a 2 hour ramble last night after The Challenge Hikers Christmas meal took it nice and easy on Sunday with an easy 16 km walk around my home town of Dun Laoghaire, plenty to see so 2 batches of pics here.

So good you showed us them twice;)

So good you showed us them twice;)

JohnMcM, was just checking to see who really looked at my pics. :rolleyes::oops:, corrected now I hope.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A two hour drive from where I live and some lovely walking on the North Devon coastline. This is the area around a place called Woolacombe. Lovely walk on a mild December day.
View attachment 15146 View attachment 15147

This brings back beautiful and special memories from Muxia and Finisterre. Wishing I could go back and relive those memories, so much.

Looks fabulous! Just can't beat walking by the coast.

Nothing like it when you are lucky enough to be walking towards or along a coastline.

I truly hope and pray your step-by-step Camino eventually reaches the stage of Muxia and Finisterre:D. I'm sure you will love it.:p

We walked in the countryside at Pateley Bridge today there was a sprinkling of snow and the sounds of Christmas carols coming from the Christmas Fair in the valley below us. Such a beautiful day and me &
peregrino b thought it was such magical a moment.:)

DSC04334.JPGDSC04337.JPGDSC04339.JPGDSC04340.JPG

Last edited:
Plans to walk Haldon this week went sadly astray. The 'little wooden hill' (ie the stairs) proved enough of a challenge as we have both had flu, but fortunately not at exactly the same time.
No, I am not posting a photo of the stairs, and Yes, we will soon be back to strength and have something useful to share.

Plans to walk Haldon this week went sadly astray. The 'little wooden hill' (ie the stairs) proved enough of a challenge as we have both had flu, but fortunately not at exactly the same time.
No, I am not posting a photo of the stairs, and Yes, we will soon be back to strength and have something useful to share.

S0 sorry to hear you were laid low this weekend Tia hope you both get better soon and all systems are functioning for Christmas time do have a Happy Christmas.:)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
S0 sorry to hear you were laid low this weekend Tia hope you both get better soon and all systems are functioning for Christmas time do have a Happy Christmas.:)
Thank you. One consolation was that at least it was not Christmas. Carol service next Sunday and then midnight Christmas Eve - and other choir members were also off sick this week for choir practice. So we should all be OK in a day or so....
A Happy Christmas to you both and to all others reading this thread. :):)

After 2 weeks off the hills with a bad lung infection, glad to be able to get out again at last, just a straightforward 18 kms along forest tracks at Mall Hill near Laragh but a few snow flurries brought a festive feel to the day.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203185011488396
hi supersullivan having problems looking at your pic on facebook it says:
"This content is currently unavailable". Still I"m glad you have recovered from your infection so I'll give you a like anyway!

hi supersullivan having problems looking at your pic on facebook it says:
"This content is currently unavailable". Still I"m glad you have recovered from your infection so I'll give you a like anyway!

pilgrim b, my apologies, I had the FB album open to FB friends only :oops:, have changed now to public so you should be able to glance through now.

pilgrim b, my apologies, I had the FB album open to FB friends only :oops:, have changed now to public so you should be able to glance through now.
No need for apologies, just happy to let you know there was a problem pilgrim!:)

We have finally started walking again. It had been -5C overnight so we waited unti it warmed up a bit. Lovely in the sun but with frost still in the fields. Not very far (4kms) and no packs, but an enjoyable brisk walk.
View across the field to Dartmoor and also sheep in a frosty field :)

Attachments

• frost&field.jpg
    frost&field.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 15
  • frost&sheep.jpg
    frost&sheep.jpg
    634.8 KB · Views: 14
Photos of a little practice walk between Drewsteignton and Chagford which is also within Dartmoor. It was bitterly cold and black Ice was a problem when wandering on to roads. A friend and his dog, Biscuit made the Journey as well. IMG_20141230_113849143_HDR.jpg IMG_20141230_100328220_HDR.jpg IMG_20141230_095626205_HDR.jpg IMG_20141230_093525631_HDR.jpg IMG_20141230_093550662_HDR.jpg IMG_20141230_094147075_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpg New Year's Day. We walked to see the fireworks last night, and this morning we walked the local streets near the Harbour where I took the shot of the beautiful red flowering gum. It might not be holly with red berries but festive and Christmas colours. In Sydney, such a contrast to hoar frost and cold, it is hot, 29 centigrade.image.jpg

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Year's Day in Ireland alas lacked the pleasant temperatures and sunshine Kanga enjoyed :(, sufficiently nasty to force me to change a planned high ridge walk for my fallback route along the Mall Hill tracks but at least good preparation for the Route Napoleon in 4 months.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203222726511248

Well it was taken yesterday and I should be sleeping now but I walked from quatro caminos to Plaza Mayor where the photo was taken. Have a very strong liking now for Roscon de Reyes con Nata. IMG_20150103_183704383.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Husband, pup and I did a quick 6km in the snow on one of our local river paths. Talked about the camino while walking. He's planning his second in the spring, starting in Burgos this time.

I took this walk slowly from my home protecting myself from the cold and a dose of shin splints in my left leg after finding it partly in a rabbit hole:confused:
so slooowly the sun began to set!

Happy New Year to all adict's of the Where I/We walked today thread and Buen Camino for 2015DSC04355 ZEN  JPG Not Quite there yet!.JPG DSC04359.ZEN JPG  ____-2.JPG

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We walked near Bovey Tracy today. It is good to finally be able to get going again after a month! and we are carrying our packs again. Still not as far as we would like - I had marmalade to make.
I have a new little camera so was trying it out. The sign took my eye, but the river had not flooded the path so we were able to go under the road and then took the old railway rather than the muddy riverside walk.

Attachments

• flood warning.jpg
    flood warning.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 16
  • under bridge.jpg
    under bridge.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 13
  • riverside.jpg
    riverside.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 13
  • old railway.jpg
    old railway.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 12
For the first Sunday in nearly 4 months - it was neither an early swim nor a 15-25 km bike ride. We have had over 50 mm of rain since 7.00 o'clock last night. (Riding in the rain - training - not my cup of tea, but will do it on the Camino if necessary).
Its been good soaking rain and even better, parts of inland Oz have had their best rains in over two years. But rain or shine will be back in the pool at 6.15 am tomorrow. Cheers to all and happy walking!;)o_O

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Last edited:
Fine weather this morning and no other committments so we had a reasonable walk. Rain has made the field paths too wet so it was all on the side roads but did give us some hills. The new camera is good - view across to Dartmoor with the sheep grazing. (Not the same gate as last week - and edited down in size for the forum.) The pictures are nice and sharp and it is easy to use with AA batteries so I am one happy pilgrim and the camera will be going in my pack now, ready for later in the year.

Attachments

• sheep and moor.jpg
    sheep and moor.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 8
image.jpg
I walked to the Vezelay route :D I walked from home and over the coming 6 months I'm going to walk to SJPdeP in stages before I do the CF.

I walked 12.3km... no big hills so an easy walk... but I cant imagine having to walk another 8km before I could stop... I have a long way to go with my training!

Anyway - where did you walk today? You all live across the globe it would be great to see more photos of your local walks.
Well, strange to say, yesterday I walked up the hill, up the steps and into the cathedral in Le Puy en Velay. On our way back home from Switzerland, decided to get the Cmino feel again, and with less than 100 sleeps to go! Wonderful old town, well worth a visit.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
DSC04386.JPG DSC04391.JPG DSC04388.JPG DSC04387.JPG DSC04383.JPG Today we went with a group of friends to Nidderdale and did a walks training for a trip to the Lake district in Cumbria we had to manage the winter snow squalls and the sunshine then more snow … and so on reminded me of Galicia.

https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203360711720792?ref=notif&notif_t=like
Some sub freezing temperatures over the last few days in Ireland have led to large stretches of upland bog having a frozen crust which I managed to successfully penetrate :( on more than one occasion on today's hike from Glencullen to Prince William's Seat and Knocknagun. Link is to a F.B. album of pictures from today.
Seamus, stop putting the rest of us to shame.!
I'm sitting here in front of a roaring fire with a glass of vino, shivering looking at the icy conditions on your walk.
I was working today. That's my excuse!!

Good morning all - well just back from a 21km bike ride. It's a really great morning for the bike.
To all our photographers - I am totally in awe of your work. I will definitely have to get my act together on this score. Cheers to all.

View attachment 15761 View attachment 15762 View attachment 15763 View attachment 15764 View attachment 15765 Today we went with a group of friends to Nidderdale and did a walks training for a trip to the Lake district in Cumbria we had to manage the winter snow squalls and the sunshine then more snow … and so on reminded me of Galicia.

Ah pilgrim b, we were out in very similar conditions today. I am SO looking forward to my 1st cafe con leche in warm sunshine at the end of April in Pamplona.
:)

Seamus, stop putting the rest of us to shame.!
I'm sitting here in front of a roaring fire with a glass of vino, shivering looking at the icy conditions on your walk.
I was working today. That's my excuse!!
We cross a lot of the same ground on our hikes, after St Patrick's Day and before I head to St. Jean at the end of April, we must get together for a little hike and swap Camino stories.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ah pilgrim b, we were out in very similar conditions today. I am SO looking forward to my 1st cafe con leche in warm sunshine at the end of April in Pamplona.
:)
Me too starting from Ponferrada in May, three of those guys in the pics asked if they can come with peregrina b and me. We said its OK but we all do our own Camino's so no pressure on any one! Ah supersullivan cafe con leche's I got caffeine withdrawal symptoms last year when I got home.
Beun Camino mate have a great adventure slooooooowly!;)

After Saturday's cold hike to Glencullen Mountain and Knocknagun, for a change today I went on a bitterly cold hike from Baravore to 3 Lakes and the Nye Rocks. I believe my little brass monkey which I have as a mascot in my backpack is considering a complaint to the I.S.P.C.A. for being subjected to todays hiking conditions. Link is to a F.B. album of pics from today.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203368233308827

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
It is a beautiful day here, although cold so we waited for the sun to clear some of the ice before setting off. (We know where the road is slippery when it is freezing) This way starts by climbing straight up out of the village. The views are from approx the half-way point. From the bridge over the A38 we could look at the road downhill and then where it runs between the hedges, uphill again, before turning towards home on part of a circular 8km walk. Looking the other way out over the A38 we could see the house on the hill (right), the dip is hidden, then the white farm house and a hidden steep hill before the road climbs up to the tree line (top left) - one of our 13km training walks, all on the side-roads.

Attachments

• over A38.jpg
    over A38.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • from A38.jpg
    from A38.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 13
Walk of only 7 k today but hilly. In the part of Belgium where Flanders, Wallonia meets Holland. Remnants of fortress Eben Emael that played an important role in WW II.

Attachments

• 20150122_102144.jpg
    20150122_102144.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20150122_102630.jpg
    20150122_102630.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 20150122_112609.jpg
    20150122_112609.jpg
    719.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20150122_103926.jpg
    20150122_103926.jpg
    915.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150122_102452.jpg
    20150122_102452.jpg
    863.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150122_111716.jpg
    20150122_111716.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20150122_104943.jpg
    20150122_104943.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Stopped for a hot chocolate half way through an urban trek in our legendary rain; I'm wetter now than I ever was on the Camino. On my way here I was listening to 'The Old Ways - A Journey on Foot' by Robert MacFarlane. In it he says that the Spanish have a saying which roughly translates to 'Those who walk find treasure.' Aren't we the lucky ones! :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I walked all around this 50 and over desert park, and have been increasing my walking time and distance a little each day. My ankle is healing, thanks to Falcon and the most excellent ankle brace he suggested. I'm hopeful I'll be back on the Camino by 2016 and perhaps even for a short stint this year. Hooray!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
A bitterly cold hike today, even colder than last Sunday's hike but without the pleasure of fresh snow :(, mix of saturated upland bogs and hard frozen peat hags and managed to make a slight detour to view the source of the River Liffey, very hard work covering the 16 kms but my last hard hike before next Friday night's 53 km from Dublin Castle to Glenmalure. Link is to a FB album of today's pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203404239128950?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Last edited:
A bitterly cold hike today, even colder than last Sunday's hike but without the pleasure of fresh snow :(, mix of saturated upland bogs and hard frozen peat hags and managed to make a slight detour to view the source of the River Liffey, very hard work covering the 16 kms but my last hard hike before next Friday night's 53 km from Dublin Castle to Glenmalure. Link is to a FB album of today's pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203404239128950?ref=notif&notif_t=like
Is that the Art O'Neill challenge from Dublin Castle to Glenmalure?
Crazy stuff! Have you done it before?

Is that the Art O'Neill challenge from Dublin Castle to Glenmalure?
Crazy stuff! Have you done it before?

Yes AudTrekker, have done the Challenge event in 2012 and a 'private' Art with a small hiking club in 2013, several of the Dublin hiking clubs stay away from the big production Challenge event and just do a club Art O'Neill in January and February, the Wayfarers had theirs last Friday, I'll be leading a group of 5 others from the Challenge Hikers next Friday night, fingers are crossed for a cold, dry night.

I walked all around this 50 and over desert park, and have been increasing my walking time and distance a little each day. My ankle is healing, thanks to Falcon and the most excellent ankle brace he suggested. I'm hopeful I'll be back on the Camino by 2016 and perhaps even for a short stint this year. Hooray!
So pleased for you Annie it would break your heart not to be out on camino again (and I would feel the same), so the brace is working well and you are getting more used to it I expect. Thanks for the update keep us up to date with your news.

€149,-
Walked in the Namadgi National Park today. It is one of two national parks in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) where I live. Wonderful way to start my Australia Day celebrations.

P1261937-001.JPG

There was some local wildlife to welcome me at the start of the walk.

P1261939-001.JPG
A branch of the walk leads to a lookout at the top of the Orroral Valley, one of the sites of early European settlement in the ACT region.

P1261948-001.JPG
The main track continues to Square Rock, where there are views across the Cotter River valley. This area is now a water catchment for the ACT.

All up, about 10 km of walking with 250 m of climb.

My hike today saw me leave Dublin Castle at 0.02 am and walk over the Dublin foothills and Wicklow mountains to reach Glenmalure Valley 15 hours 48 minutes later having covered 57.5 kms in below freezing temperatures all the way. Link is to a FB album of pictures from the hike. 3rd time I've finished this particular hike and every time I promise myself never again but each winter comes rolling around and ..........
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203443508710665?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Last edited:
My hike today saw me leave Dublin Castle at 0.02 am and walk over the Dublin foothills and Wicklow mountains to reach Glenmalure Valley 15 hours 48 minutes later having covered 57.5 kms in below freezing temperatures all the day. Link is to a FB album of pictures from the hike. 3rd time I've finished this particular hike and every time I promise myself never again but each winter comes rolling around and ......
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203443508710665?ref=notif&notif_t=like
Well done to all of you. That's a serious hike in very challenging conditions!
I recognise Damien. I met him at the Wicklow walking festival in October. Hope it was nothing too serious that he couldn't continue.
You do know that you're all crazy!!!

Well done to all of you. That's a serious hike in very challenging conditions!
I recognise Damien. I met him at the Wicklow walking festival in October. Hope it was nothing too serious that he couldn't continue.
You do know that you're all crazy!!![/QUOTE

I think Damien had just not managed to get enough hard hiking under his belt over Christmas and the New Year, no injuries involved.

Today's walk : Connecterra, in the eastern part of Belgium. After the last coalmines closed a national park revamped it into a walking area. It is also , to my knowledge, the only walkway here in this country where you have to pay an entrancefee. Only walkers are allowed, no bikers.

Attachments

• 10410527_10152752376078042_229547246143486605_n.jpg
    10410527_10152752376078042_229547246143486605_n.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Connecterra.jpg
    Connecterra.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 9
  • kunstmeer.jpg
    kunstmeer.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 8
  • licht.jpg
    licht.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 8
  • mijngebouw.jpg
    mijngebouw.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 9
  • modder.jpg
    modder.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 9
Normally on Saturdays I go for some sort of a hike - but instead participated in Dance Day at the Century Ballroom in Seattle.
It was 5 hours of dancing - rather than walking, with two 15 minute breaks.

Quite a fun work out! :D
DanceDay2.gif

SCHEDULE
11:30-12:00 Tap
12:00-12:30 West Coast Swing
12:30-1:00 Salsa

15min Break

1:15-1:45 Bachata
1:45-2:15 Kizomba
2:15-2:45 Tango

15min Break

3:00-3:30 Waltz
3:30-4:00 East Coast Swing
4:00-4:30 Lindy Hop

(Also I signed up to do Tap classes on Sundays! woop!)

Beach walk, Jervis Bay. Early morning with clouds.

I'm in Dublin today buying new boots so took the opportunity to walk from the city centre to Guinness Storehouse to suss out where to get my pilgrim's passport stamped before I go in May.
Met a nice Spanish girl who told me to come back any time and they would do it for me.
Also had a look at St. James church.
It was closed so just took a photo of the outside.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 7
I'm in Dublin today buying new boots so took the opportunity to walk from the city centre to Guinness Storehouse to suss out where to get my pilgrim's passport stamped before I go in May.
Met a nice Spanish girl who told me to come back any time and they would do it for me.
Your post brings back wonderful memories. I was in Dublin a year ago and, among other things, also visited the Guinness Storehouse. From the top floor (where Guinness serves up its brew) I looked longingly towards what I believe are the Wicklow Mountains ........ but time was short. I do so enjoy it when members post their pictures of their hikes in these mountains.

Two walks recently:-
Back in November we walked the old railway track at Parke and there were works to replace the bridge which was removed when the line closed. The new footbridge is now open (January). At present the new path only goes half a mile further on, to the next bridge and access to the side road, but there are plans to extend it by clearing the track of bushes etc. It will give off road access between Bovey Tracy and Lustleigh.
Today we walked through the woods - very muddy - and then a steep uphill section with mud and exposed bed-rock in places. From the top of the hill we could see a sprinkling of snow on the moor.
Not long walks but we are trying to walk most days even if it has to be on the road, and often rather repeatative - but good training. :)

Attachments

• new bridge.jpg
    new bridge.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 8
  • over new bridge.jpg
    over new bridge.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 8
  • rough uphill.jpg
    rough uphill.jpg
    870.3 KB · Views: 7
  • distant snow.jpg
    distant snow.jpg
    724.7 KB · Views: 7
Seems a lot of us on this thread are walking in May! Buen Camino to all

Hi AudTrekker,
I am in Dublin overnight 13th/14th May arriving 13th about 1000hrs and leaving 14th about 0930hrs.
I quite liked the idea of getting a stamp/sello at St James's place. Sadly, you didn't say where we could get the stamp/sello. I am overnighting in the Times Hostal on College Street so I am guessing I can walk to the Guiness Storehouse wherever that is and get my stamp. Is there a particular office/shop/reception I should head for please ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back