Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Where to stay in SJPP

crhutch

Camino(s) past & future
(2010) March/April SJPP to Santiago and hence to Finisterre
(2016) Hospitalero Grañón 15-31 March
(2016) April Logroño to Santiago
(2017) Hospitalero Zamora 15-31 March
(2017) Hospilatero Emaus, Burgos 1-14 April
Where do you recommend to stay in SJPP in March? Unfortunately, L'Esprit du Chemin does not open until April.
Thanks, Cullen

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
The Communal Gite is spotless, near the pilgrims office. There is a lot of overpriced accommodation in St Jean otherwise. There is a small catholic accueil pelerin place, not sure of name, very religious, if you are into that sort of thing. I am a pure atheist, so not for me. Gitti

crhutch

Camino(s) past & future
(2010) March/April SJPP to Santiago and hence to Finisterre
(2016) Hospitalero Grañón 15-31 March
(2016) April Logroño to Santiago
(2017) Hospitalero Zamora 15-31 March
(2017) Hospilatero Emaus, Burgos 1-14 April
grayland wrote --"I booked the errecaldia as well.
When are you going to arrive SJPP? I arrive 13 March and start walking on 14 March."

Grayland, you'll be a few days ahead of us. We fly into Paris on the 16th, and we are taking the train to Bordeaux for a couple days. We get to SJPP on the 19th, and start our Camino on the 20th. We are going to take our time and you probably will be too far ahead so we most likely we won't meet. In any event, Buen Camino...Cullen

vinotinto

crhutch said:
Where do you recommend to stay in SJPP in March?

I wasn't there in March, and when I got to SJPP I stayed in a hotel. But I had a nice dinner, vino, and conversation at a Bar/Restaurant called "Paxkal Oillarburu" near the old city wall. I noticed that they had pilgrim rooms there, and after my meal I wished I'd found them first. So perhaps they might be something to check out...

VT

squirepeter

Hello Gittiharre
you say ... There is a small catholic accueil pelerin place in SJPP ... Can you please give me a clue to where I can find it?. Peter

grayland said:
I booked the errecaldia as well.
When are you going to arrive SJPP? I arrive 13 March and start walking on 14 March.

Very nice! Let me know how did your stay went. I'll arrive SJPdP on the 23rd of April and start the next day. I'm sure that you'll be back home planning your next Camino by the time I arrive in France.

¡Buen Camino! :arrow:

Advertisement

Booking.com