• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Los Arcos accommodation..

gerryincork

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugese from Baiona in Sep
We are hoping to do a week on the Camino in June and we would appreciate any advice on where to stay in Los Arcos. We would prefer a double room with shower. Many thanks for any help.
Gerry

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stayed at CASA DE LA ABUELA, a few steps from the church and main square, but I was in the albergue. They have a couple of private rooms pictured on their website, a link to which can be found on GRONZE. Owners very pleasant.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Take a look at Hotel Rural Latorrien de Ane…..about 5kms from Los Arcos…..terrific in every way and they’ll pick you up and drop you back in Los Arcos…..just perfect!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've stayed at the comfortable and reasonable Monaco. The suggestion of both @Martin 888 and @davejsy is worth considering, but staying in Monaco facilitates attendance at the evening mass in the wonderfully ornate baroque church of Santa Maria-- when I was there, the priest was warm and friendly toward pilgrims.

During the years that I walked
the restaurante/bar Mavi near the bus station at Carretera La Serna 2 was a good place to eat. Servings were copious and a good value for money. They also rented rooms which were handy in winter when many Los Arcos albergues were closed. Here is their current 2024 web. https://pensionmavi.es/

I stayed at the Monaco in May 2022, after wandering into town from a very hot and busy Camino Frances. The very helpful receptionist tracked me down in the street when a room became available unexpectedly, about half an hour after my initial enquiry. I have some great memories of an evening meal in the square nearby, and the awe-inspiring church.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stayed at the Monaco in 2019, not far (100 yards or so) from the square and church. The square is a good place to sit and meet up with fellow pilgrims, and there are a couple of cafes with lots of seating outside. I had a really good pilgrim meal in the Monaco hotel in the evening - 12 euros. I stayed at the Apartamentos Jurramendi in 2022 but without being detrimental - I preferred the Monaco.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
During the years that I walked
the restaurante/bar Mavi near the bus station at Carretera La Serna 2 was a good place to eat. Servings were copious and a good value for money. They also rented rooms which were handy in winter when many Los Arcos albergues were closed. Here is their current 2024 web. https://pensionmavi.es/
We stayed in Pensión Mavi on our final camino in 2019. (John's 80th birthday) Basic but comfortable and friendly. Just what we needed after the trek from Azqueta (Perla Negra). The restaurant Mavi was also good value and pleasant.

We stayed in Pensión Mavi on our final camino in 2019. (John's 80th birthday) Basic but comfortable and friendly. Just what we needed after the trek from Azqueta (Perla Negra). The restaurant Mavi was also good value and pleasant.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I stayed at CASA DE LA ABUELA, a few steps from the church and main square, but I was in the albergue. They have a couple of private rooms pictured on their website, a link to which can be found on GRONZE. Owners very pleasant.
I stayed in one of their private rooms. The granddaughter of the abuela offered a communal dinner which was lovely!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Having looked at Hotel Monaco's website what does "Casualty, Stocking, Loud" signify re the accommodation?

Edit: Had a thought, is it low, Medium and high season?

We are hoping to do a week on the Camino in June and we would appreciate any advice on where to stay in Los Arcos. We would prefer a double room with shower. Many thanks for any help.
Gerry
I don’t remember a lot of choices. We stayed at Albergue de la Fuente. If you want privacy, go with the Pensions.

€46,-
Gerry
Hi I stayed at Hostal Suetxe which was 95 euros for an en-suite room with its own ground floor entrance for 3 people. I did book last minute though (in the afternoon of the day of arrival) so I didn’t really shop around - just took what was available for our family group. It was a really nice room and quite central. We stayed on a Sunday night and it was quiet. There was a bar next door and I don’t know if it would be noisy on another night. However most of the hostal’s accommodation was through another entrance and looked like it would be upstairs and away from the bar.

My sister and I also stayed here. Private room ontop floor shared bathroom with the one other private room. Also had great communal dinner!

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back