• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Respectful donativo amounts in 2024

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Given all the inflation of the past couple years, do you (especially those with hospitalero experience) think that the following are reasonable amounts to leave when staying at a donativo on the VDLP?

- bed only, with no additional services: €10
- bed with breakfast: €15
- bed with dinner: €20

I really (really) don't want to get into a debate about donativos, I just want to know if leaving these amounts in 2024 would be seen as reasonable by the hospitalero working there. In particular when dinner is involved - is €10 a reasonable amount to include for dinner? That's less than what a pilgrim menu generally costs so perhaps it's too little.

I understand it's up to each person, and there are many variables. I didn't use any donativos last year, but I'm walking on more of a budget this year and hope to stay at a few (not just for budgetary reasons, I also just want to experience it).

Thanks for your yes/no thoughts.
We don't seek out donativos, leaving them for those who can't afford anything else. But we have often stayed at some since there were no other options. Some donativos have no hospitaleros, no nothing. You're on your own. For those, we would check the supply situation and buy a good supply of necessities, including condiments, for those who would come after us. For donativos, like Benduenos, where the locals do so very, very much for peregrinos, we leave what we hope will cover not just for us, but also for peregrinos less able to pay.

In our view, it not only depends on the situation of the peregrino, but also the situation of the albergue.

Given all the inflation of the past couple years, do you (especially those with hospitalero experience) think that the following are reasonable amounts to leave when staying at a donativo on the VDLP?

I really (really) don't want to get into a debate about donativos, I just want to know if leaving these amounts in 2024 would be seen as reasonable by the hospitalero working there. In particular when dinner is involved - is €10 a reasonable amount to include for dinner? That's less than what a pilgrim menu generally costs so perhaps it's too little.

I understand it's up to each person, and there are many variables. I didn't use any donativos last year, but I'm walking on more of a budget this year and hope to stay at a few (not just for budgetary reasons, I also just want to experience it).

Based on the current European economy you are probably looking at €25-€30 with 3 course dinner and breakfast snacks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We don't seek out donativos, leaving them for those who can't afford anything else. But we have often stayed at some since there were no other options. Some donativos have no hospitaleros, no nothing. You're on your own. For those, we would check the supply situation and buy a good supply of necessities, including condiments, for those who would come after us. For donativos, like Benduenos, where the locals do so very, very much for peregrinos, we leave what we hope will cover not just for us, but also for peregrinos less able to pay.

In our view, it not only depends on the situation of the peregrino, but also the situation of the albergue.
Enjoyed the thread but folks in the know suggest that it is rare that affluent customers are in a trade with non-affluent customers re space so don’t worry! It all works out for everyone! I’m good with that and thanks to the usual two great people on here! !! Last thought! Hopefully no-one from a long way away is paying a 1-4k airfare and claiming that they can’t ‘overpay’ in a donativo!

I do not
Based on the current European economy you are probably looking at €25-€30 with 3 course dinner and breakfast snacks.
Inflation has hit everyone even Pilgrims. I normally do not stay in Albergues.

Last thought! Hopefully no-one from a long way away is paying a 1-4k airfare and claiming that they can’t ‘overpay’ in a donativo!
There are many people who must save and budget carefully for their trip, spending a lot on airfare, and then walk the Camino on a strict budget. Again, we need to be careful with assumptions.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There are many people who must save and budget carefully for their trip, spending a lot on airfare, and then walk the Camino on a strict budget. Again, we need to be careful with assumptions.
Sure agreed and good point! It’s very nuanced. I never know nowadays what I can afford. After a relatively normal western European life with easy access to credit and bank funding, I no longer can get access to credit (whether bank or credit card) and it’s a game changer so not sure where I net out. Will do my best to ‘front up’ and hope everyone else does the same!

At the moment I'm listening to NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday. Scott Simon is interviewing an author on his new novel about a man returning to the country of Georgia. The author was born in Georgia, grew up in UK, and is discussing his actual return to his country of birth. He was somehow stuck in the middle of nowhere in a village of 10 houses, and a farmer returning home explains the bus won't come until the following day. He motions the author to follow him home. They feed and house the visitor with the best they had. Later the author found out the family ate less so he could have his fill, and the room they gave him was the only one that was heated.
Somehow to me it seemed connected to your query, and remembering what kindnesses people will offer, and we have a responsibility of being kind in return, in whatever way most fitting.

Some years ago the whole Camino Experience was a thing of generosity, share, human being, etc. A Pilgrimage where the rich joins the poor, the beliver share diner with the atheist, the young help the elder, where sometimes you must ask a local for a place to sleep, or something to eat.
That was the reason because the Donativo Albergues movement was born. To share a roof, a plate of hot soup, some fruit and a shelter for everybody, don´t asking anybody who, what, or how they were,
Now we are arwing betwen ourselves how much to give, who could or not donate ; more or less, somebody even says something about feeling bad thinking "how much others gave", or similar.
I´m nobody to teach lessons to any of you, but like a volunteer hospitalero I´ll dare to to be arrogant enough to say politely and respectuosly that maybe Donations Albergues are not a place for you. If you are feeling that maybe you are "paying" more than you are receiving, that perhaps someone are mocking you, or are concerned of what are the pilgrim near to you, the hospitalero who are welcoming you, etc, if you are not feeling happines helping those places to keep living, please do not donate a single coin. I suggest you to go to a place where all those things are more or less clear.
Go where the host will say you how much money that costs. Who much is for sleep, how much is for the dinner, how much for the breakfast, how much...
I, myself can´t say who much that cost, how much would I ask for my hard work for fifteen days if someone asks me. But I can swear to all of you that nothing pleased me more than those true smiles in the morning, those hugs, those laugths and those tears we share in those places. How much is the cost of a moment of true human joy?
Lets donate what you can for that. Or don´t. But please, don´t ask "how much would be appropiate to donate".
Or ask that question to your heart not to your mind.
My apologies for the "speech".
Buen Camino to you all honest people.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
This post (along with the many others by you) make it very obvious that you are very able to pay whatever amount and stay where ever it pleases you.

I am very confused why you would be staying in a donativo in any event unless it is the only available bed within reasonable walking distance.
You will be taking up a bed that a tight budget pilgrim will urgently need.

I never stay in donativos unless the volume of pilgrims is low or it is the only alternative. When busy I use pensions and leave the lower cost accommondation for others.
I've stayed in just about every sort of pilgrim accommodation, including tents. If I stay in a donativo I leave the cost of a mid range private albergue or pension with meal and breakfast. Then I add a bit or maybe donate a couple of bottles of wine. If instead I choose a hotel in what way would the donativo benefit?
It's not that often they have been full, I'm not taking anyone's bed and I hope I'm leaving quite a bit more than I cost them to help the person who can't leave much.
Oh, and mostly I stayed in a tent when walking with my donkey. When I came across a donativo with somewhere for a donkey they got a lot more out of gratitude for a comfortable bed under a hard roof. I've slept in the stables, too. Straw is surprisingly comfortable when well piled up and covered with something to keep out the spiky bits.
I cycle now, it's easier on my knees. Not yet slept in the bike shed.

These notices at the Beasain donativo on the Vasco were obviously there as an attempt to educate people.
View attachment 162716View attachment 162717

The joy of being generous is not part of that education - that only comes from experience.

And cycling back to the OP's question, generosity depends on means. It's not an absolute. So 5€ could be proportionately more generous than 105€. And no-one is looking; only you know.
Good sign!! If I was in charge I would laminate the posts by Phil and Janet on here and make sure everyone read it as a condition of entry! Just as well I am not in charge !

I prefer a bit of comfort at 69 carrying my backpack. I loved the albergue with the spa jets swimming pool whilst the young ones enjoyed the donativo experience with no power and the stars and getting their feet blessed. Different age groups.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
On our first camino we had a small budget , £25 a day for 2 of us. ( back in 2009!) We got a cheap flight to Lisbon and camped much of the way ( to S de C then back home to UK. ) This was easier as we were cycling. We gave at donativos the same as it cost at municipals. So - nights wild camping and cooking beans n veg balanced the nights in albergues! As a treat we had an occasional 'pilgrims meal' . Our best being on the coast in Portugal - for 5 euros we had a lovely 2 course meal. We tried to resist the jug of vinho verde - thinking we would be charged extra... but our resistance folded and we were surprised and delighted to find it was included!!
We met some pilgrims who were on a far smaller budget - one guy had a euro a day for food - but had paid for the albergue.... he just ate beans from a jar.
Even within a small budget we managed to share with others and make meals together - one of the delights of pilgrimage!
There are many ways people pay forward or in different ways - we always give free accommodation and food to travellers passing where we live ( we are now 2 miles off the Celtic Way, so may get some pilgrims!)
Now we are older and slightly more 'solvent' we pay more at donativos - and we pay far more travelling anywhere by not flying any more....( it took us 7 days to get to Lisbon last spring - and cost 10 times what it cost in 2009!)
I grew up with periods of severe poverty so i do appreciate my relative afluence now - but it does make me more unerstanding of others financial position.... I cannot judge unless i walk in their moccasins ( or boots!)
The measure i use to judge is kindness... it goes far further than money....

Different age groups.
And maybe just preference/habits?
Like you, I'm a few years shy of 70 (😮), and carry my pack. but prefer the donativo experience with no power and stars. Not that I'm immune to the allure of comfort, but my criteria of what constitutes comfort is pretty simple. So I like simple places like San Anton, San Nicolas, or San Bol. They're unpretentious, and don't have to cater to 'market demands.' (That said the pool at Casa Barbadelo was very nice - my wrecked ankle was really grateful for the cold soak.)

The measure i use to judge is kindness... it goes far further than money....
Beautiful.

I always liked to donativo experience--especially in the earlier days. Stayed at only a few after 2013.
This tread got me thinking about a ‘donativo only’ camino. I did not look at the possible stages, but taking the numbers from the recent "All Albergues" list (reminds me of the French Amis list given out in SJPdP--all i really need for a camino guide book)

So, there are not many Regugios anymore : SjPdP To Burgos 7, To Leon 9, To Sarria 9, To Santiago 1. For a total of only 26 donativo on the CF. Making a grand total of 796 donativo beds. Note that 175 in Ponferada and 70 in Samos account for a huge proportion.

But like many others, after wrestling with all the moral and economic questions, I treat it as a transaction and pay the albergue market rate--plus a little.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This is one of those topics that we keep chewing over, our opinions change, and we learn from each other.

A couple of older threads might be interesting for some of the newer members, and for some of us oldtimers, it’s interesting to see how our positions have evolved. Take a look here for a 2018 thread. Or here for an even older one.

I had some of the same hesitations and objections that have been voiced here, but am so grateful to people like Reb, Lee, Sybille, the Wilhauses and others, who have stuck with the drumbeat and helped me to realize that we are talking about something so very different than coming up with a fair price for services rendered.
Some topics never get old! Or maybe they get old, but refuse to die. A bit like pilgrims I am thinking...

Stayed a couple of times in donativos on my CF and my CP.

Last year on my CP I donated 10€ plus all change for bed and single course dinner and wine.
Should be ~15€.
The "best" private Albergue in Esposende charged 15€ for the bed and the pilgrims prepared dinner in the kitchen. You have to be real and set the amount in relation to other options.

10€ for bed is ok in a donativo, 15€ incl. breakfast or simple dinner.
The municipals I stayed in last year charged only 8€ and never disappointed in installations and comfort.

I'm not a cheapo, but I spend my money wisely.

There a few new ones it seems every year. Bethany in Pamplona opened last year I think and there was at least one new one (not on the CF) that was added to the HosVol volunteer list last year. On the other hand, one or two have dropped off that list, but are supported now by other groups like FICS or other Amigo groups.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I guess it a bit like tipping.
Not at at all like tipping. You are paying for the rent of the sheets, the water, the heating, the maintenance of the building and furniture,... (tipping is an extra you add)

I agree but this is really a minimum.
If the dinner and breakfast are copious you can add an extra 5 or 10€

Yes, but for me this is an absolute minimum - just covering costs if everyone were able to donate. That’s why we pay at least what we would in a typical non donativo albergue, and usually more.
That's why I pay more in a Donativo than I would elsewhere, that has a 'price'.
A Donativo, for those who can afford it, is a chance to help out a bit and 'give back'........

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just re-reading this thread.

And reflecting, that it took me a long time to understand the Donativo concept.

I stayed away from them.
After all, they were for people who could not afford much.
I'd feel out of place in my fancy hiking gear staying there......
I would be taking a bed from someone more in need.
etc etc etc

I think I'm gradually 'getting it'.
And I made a point of staying in a few last year, to better understand the model.
They were great.
Wonderful hosts, often a really nice meal, good company.

My thinking changed.
I stayed in them, so that I could support the Albergue.
Not because I wanted a cheap bed.
They were not full. Far from it.

It really came home to me once.
I stayed in one where the communal meal was put together more with love than budget, if you get my meaning. It was fine, it did the job. We were filled up. And the company was great. But clearly the tin was fairly empty that day. I had made a point of giving generously, as it was a well known Albergue, that is renowned for its good work. So I was grateful for whatever was offered.

A few days later I met someone who stayed there after us. They had a wonderful meal. So different to ours. That was so nice to hear. :) The system works..........

What you give today, really does feed the Pilgrims tomorrow! ;)

So my thoughts on how much to donate?

1. If you honestly cannot donate much, donate what you can.
  2. If your budget is OK, donate at least what you would in a private Albergue and for meals etc.
  3. If your budget is healthy, be generous. Please be generous. You can't be 'too' generous. And help keep the Donativo concept alive.

I stayed away from them.
etc etc etc
I think many feel and think the same way as you originally did Robo about Donativo's. And I'd go even further in that many people think that the normal Albergues are just a step up from this, and a place you stay if you can't afford a hotel or have no other choice. People are put off by the lack of privacy, snoring, worrying you won't sleep properly, shared facilities, getting stuck in a top bunk when you need to pee several times a night etc. . .

I was somewhat like this before my Camino, I really wasn't looking forward to staying in Albergues but forced myself to at least just try it - I didn't stay in anything but albergues after that first night. And the best of them all was the magical night at the Donativo of St Anton.

What you soon realise is that the Albergues ARE the Camino, and the Donativo's are its beating heart and the very soul of everything the Camino stands for.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I can't recall how much I paid for an overnight stay at the albergue parroquial at Fuenterroble de Salvatierra, and how much others donated was not my concern. I do remember, however, that following an offer from the hospitalero to prepare a dinner from whatever ingredients we provided, we agreed on a basic menu satisfying all dietary preferences, splitting the cost between us. From the collective trip to the village shop to the leisurely meal at the communal table, it was one of the most convivial evenings I spent on the VdlP.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What you soon realise is that the Albergues ARE the Camino, and the Donativo's are its beating heart and the very soul of everything the Camino stands for.
I love this, @davejsy. Although I no longer stay at very many albergues (donativo or private) after exclusively staying in them on past Caminos, I totally agree with your sentiments. My most interesting and unique experiences have been from those memories and have nothing to do with the beauty of walking through lovely landscapes, villages, and cities along the way.

I love this, @davejsy. Although I no longer stay at very many albergues (donativo or private) after exclusively staying in them on past Caminos, I totally agree with your sentiments. My most interesting and unique experiences have been from those memories and have nothing to do with the beauty of walking through lovely landscapes, villages, and cities along the way.
I understand that for very many other reasons people choose hotels or private rooms, and the Camino is still the Camino like this and is still beautiful in many other ways. Certainly no judgment there.

Most of what I would have to say has been covered by one contributor or another. As a known if not notorious caminoholic I am sometimes consulted by people preparing for their first Camino and a frequent question is what should they pay at a donativo. I tell them that this aspect of the Camino is not part of a transactional economy and they need to shift gears. Most are prosperous (but not all) so I tell them to think of the equivalent of what they'd pay at a private albergue but those who can't always afford that should contribute in other ways, being ready and anxious to wield a mop or clean up the kitchen etc. I suggest as well that, should it have been a really good day for them (or a really difficult one), they could think about doubling their contribution. As well, if they would like a quiet memorial for a friend or relative who had died, they can also commemorate them at the donativo box.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just re-reading this thread.

And reflecting, that it took me a long time to understand the Donativo concept.

I stayed away from them.
etc etc etc

I think I'm gradually 'getting it'.
And I made a point of staying in a few last year, to better understand the model.
They were great.
Wonderful hosts, often a really nice meal, good company.

My thinking changed.
I stayed in them, so that I could support the Albergue.
Not because I wanted a cheap bed.
They were not full. Far from it.

It really came home to me once.
I stayed in one where the communal meal was put together more with love than budget, if you get my meaning. It was fine, it did the job. We were filled up. And the company was great. But clearly the tin was fairly empty that day. I had made a point of giving generously, as it was a well known Albergue, that is renowned for its good work. So I was grateful for whatever was offered.

A few days later I met someone who stayed there after us. They had a wonderful meal. So different to ours. That was so nice to hear. :) The system works..........

2. If your budget is OK, donate at least what you would in a private Albergue and for meals etc.
  3. If your budget is healthy, be generous. Please be generous. You can't be 'too' generous. And help keep the Donativo concept alive.
Sadly the ‘tin seems empty’ most days if you take the views on here (admittedly not statistically significant), and it’s even grimmer if a reasonable proportion of people are ‘overpaying’. And whilst of course some folks can’t pay, I think people and money drives strange behaviour, and there are likely be many folks who will ‘take the p*ss’. Not sure what’s to be done! I guess they will close unless alternative forms of funding can be found. I think it a shame that the ‘able to pay’ don’t pay a fixed amount and the ‘can’t pay’ (which strikes me as a very small proportion) are welcomed with open arms. I appreciate that is radical and goes against the ethos but there you have it.

I am sick of seeing people walk away without ‘tipping’ for the ‘free walking tours’ and that’s in open view, so I wonder what’s it like with the opportunity to do it without folks seeing!

Last edited:
Sadly the ‘tin seems empty’ most days if you take the views on here (admittedly not statistically significant), and it’s even grimmer if a reasonable proportion of people are ‘overpaying’. And whilst of course some folks can’t pay, I think people and money drives strange behaviour, and there are likely be many folks who will ‘take the p*ss’. Not sure what’s to be done! I guess they will close unless alternative forms of funding can be found. I think it a shame that the ‘able to pay’ don’t pay a fixed amount and the ‘can’t pay’ (which strikes me as a very small proportion) are welcomed with open arms. I appreciate that is radical and goes against the ethos but there you have it.

I am sick of seeing people walk away without ‘tipping’ for the ‘free walking tours’ and that’s in open view, so I wonder what’s it like with the opportunity to do it without folks seeing!
I don't think it is quite a grim as you may think. Yes, we've seen at least one donativo close in the last few months. Many of the more established ones will survive, I believe. We volunteer every year and I am always grateful for the generosity that is demonstrated even when I know that many of our pilgrims are on quite a close budget.

It seems to me that the greater danger is that private restaurants and albergues see donativos as "competitors" so it is important that while we do want to make pilgrims comfortable that we don't violate any norms that raises the ire of the local businesses. As an example, some donativo albergues don't provide a communal evening meal or breakfast because the town wants people to "eat on the economy". Having a kitchen is an option for individuals to self-cater of course, but if the hospitalera is organizing a communal meal without that already being expressly being part of the culture of the albergue, then the nearby restaurants may take issue. The Xunta albergues (not donation based) almost all have wonderful kitchens without any pots, pans, or serviceware. The message is that you bring your own cookware/plates, etc. or you go out to eat. You've gotten the inexpensive bed, but now spend the rest of your cash in the village. If all the bars and restaurants are closed on Sunday, then it might be better tolerated.

As hospitaleros, we are always told to "spread our money around" by using different stores and if we go out to eat, to make sure we give all the area restaurants a try and not just settle into one. (It is much easier if there is only one store or restaurant.)

Anyway, it isn't all gloom and doom. Each person should just worry about their own donation and not what others are giving. If you are able to be generous or if you are putting in only a few euros because you didn't know there wasn't an ATM until the next town, you'll still receive a bed and a roof with a place to bathe and wash out your clothes. Hopefully, your hospitaleros will make you feel welcome and cared for.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I don't think it is quite a grim as you may think. Yes, we've seen at least one donativo close in the last few months. Many of the more established ones will survive, I believe. We volunteer every year and I am always grateful for the generosity that is demonstrated even when I know that many of our pilgrims are on quite a close budget.

It seems to me that the greater danger is that private restaurants and albergues see donativos as "competitors" so it is important that while we do want to make pilgrims comfortable that we don't violate any norms that raises the ire of the local businesses. As an example, some donativo albergues don't provide a communal evening meal or breakfast because the town wants people to "eat on the economy". Having a kitchen is an option for individuals to self-cater of course, but if the hospitalera is organizing a communal meal without that already being expressly being part of the culture of the albergue, then the nearby restaurants may take issue. The Xunta albergues (not donation based) almost all have wonderful kitchens without any pots, pans, or serviceware. The message is that you bring your own cookware/plates, etc. or you go out to eat. You've gotten the inexpensive bed, but now spend the rest of your cash in the village. If all the bars and restaurants are closed on Sunday, then it might be better tolerated.

As hospitaleros, we are always told to "spread our money around" by using different stores and if we go out to eat, to make sure we give all the area restaurants a try and not just settle into one. (It is much easier if there is only one store or restaurant.)

Anyway, it isn't all gloom and doom. Each person should just worry about their own donation and not what others are giving. If you are able to be generous or if you are putting in only a few euros because you didn't know there wasn't an ATM until the next town, you'll still receive a bed and a roof with a place to bathe and wash out your clothes. Hopefully, your hospitaleros will make you fell welcome and cared for.
Thank you for your detailed response. It is very interesting around the broader context re food and the local economy! I know you are the authoritive voice on this subject who takes action! It’s great to hear that you are upbeat about future prospects and yes I have picked up a sense of doom and gloom sorry if jumped the gun on that.

People not paying their way when they can, or making unrealistic demands etc is a pet peeve of mine. Funny enough when typed my note I was checking into a hostel (non Camino) and there was a bloke asking for free drinks as he had waited in line to check-in for 30 mins even though it was 255pm and check in didn’t start to 3pm and he jumped in front of me in the queue! I will be seeing him later!

Thank you for your detailed response. It is very interesting around the broader context re food and the local economy! I know you are the authoritive voice on this subject who takes action! It’s great to hear that you are upbeat about future prospects and yes I have picked up a sense of doom and gloom sorry if jumped the gun on that.

People not paying their way when they can, or making unrealistic demands etc is a pet peeve of mine. Funny enough when typed my note I was checking into a hostel (non Camino) and there was a bloke asking for free drinks as he had waited in line to check-in for 30 mins even though it was 255pm and check in didn’t start to 3pm and he jumped in front of me in the queue! I will be seeing him later!
Not an authority by any means. Just a volunteer who tries to stay informed.

This.
Perfect.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back