• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A stupid washing thing..

KariannNor

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances/Finestere 2023, 2024 ?
Stupidly I ordered a thing should be "shampo, body- AND clotheswash"- leaves.. (not saying brand..). Well, tested washing my hair and shower now. Don't have very thick hair, but a lot of it yes.. Well, these "leaves" went into nothing when touching water, so I used - 3 - of them, well, not cleaned my hair at all, had to do it again, whith ordinary shampo.. Why, will there always be a "genious thing" we buy just by it sounds like a perfect solution? Stupid me, will as usual pack an ordinary shampo, and being a bit angry that such marketing forces exist..

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You can buy shampoo bars now, same size as soap bars, and you can probably also use it and as soap. Eco friendly too.
Thank you for making me feel like a hundred years old 😂 but no thank you, such modern things are not for me, my old bottle of shampoo is the only way 👍 😂

Last edited:
You’ll find lost or abandoned shampoos in most Albergue shower rooms. Carrying your own personal stash is almost pointless in that you will, at some point, leave it behind.

Rinsing the dust out of your hair just requires water. Shampoo your hair every day - now you need conditioner to make good the shampoo damage.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have been using a shampoo bar the last 3 caminos and I also just ordered two more from @JillGat here on the forum who makes them. I don't like them as much as my liquid shampoo, but they are lighter and I can wash my whole person with it rather than carrying something separate. For clothes I have a piece of a laundry soap bar ( the same quarter of a bar has lasted me three caminos). I use it for socks and undies, but usually try to wash my clothes in a regular washing machine every few days.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You can buy shampoo bars now, same size as soap bars, and you can probably also use it and as soap. Eco friendly too.
That's what I use (the "honey" soap bar from Lush, which doesn't smell too strongly). I find the other solid universal soaps like castille to be harsh on the skin.

Can't answer for other bars, but I found Viori's bars light ( especially in trial size) and effective. And they don't have coconut oil, which I can't use.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We all are tempted to pickup the shiny new penny. Thank goodness you didn’t wait to try on the Camino. You’re not so stupid after all. 😂 I love LUSH especially for my hair which needs special care. Jason and the ArganOil is my favorite bar. Their Toothy Tabs are great for brushing teeth.

Last edited:
Stupidly I ordered a thing should be "shampo, body- AND clotheswash"- leaves.. (not saying brand..). Well, tested washing my hair and shower now. Don't have very thick hair, but a lot of it yes.. Well, these "leaves" went into nothing when touching water, so I used - 3 - of them, well, not cleaned my hair at all, had to do it again, whith ordinary shampo.. Why, will there always be a "genious thing" we buy just by it sounds like a perfect solution? Stupid me, will as usual pack an ordinary shampo, and being a bit angry that such marketing forces exist..

I use those 'leaves' for clothes washing, as they weigh almost nothing. But you need to use 2 or 3 !
For body and hair I just carry a tiny bar of 'goat' soap.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Only soap I know that works well for hair, body, and clothes is Savon de Marseilles -- not the cheapo stuff sold in supermarkets that's only good for washing clothes and floors and whatnot, the traditional one made with olive oil.

I must be precious. I buy a travel size shampoo and conditioner otherwise my hair would be a big knot. I do only shampoo once and then conditioner.
I wash my hair every day on the camino as it gets knotty. I don't bring a dress that's my excuse. I also take nivea

Sea to Summit Wilderness Wash... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004YJSM8U?tag=casaivar-21 😃

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I left my super, expensive, combined shampoo and conditioner bar behind at an albergue, and replaced it with a bar of Pears soap which did for washing hair, body and clothes. I normally use conditioner but going without for a few weeks was surprisingly OK.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes. I used a shampoo bar that also worked as laundry soap for handwashing clothes. There are many varieties. I used Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve and on their website they give a good education about bar shampoo as well as recommendations for the various choices that work on various hair types.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What does everyone store their shampoo bars or soap in so that it doesn't become a soggy mess? Or do you leave it out somewhere to dry before packing it away again?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
When my adult son, 1500 miles away, was badly injured and non-ambulatory for a few months, I used these unscented no shower/no rinse wipes to shampoo and bathe him. He felt clean and fresh. Smelled it, too. I now use them for post-strenuous activity cleanup when a shower is not handy. The packet has 25 wipes, and is lightweight. Add a small amount of water to moisten a wipe.
4.7⭐️ on amazon with 27,000 reviews.

Attachments

• IMG_1880.jpeg
    IMG_1880.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 35
We all have negative self-talk, but it sounds like you’re actually pretty smart for experimenting early. I use a chunk of shampoo bar for the shower and then small squares of laundry detergent sheets for my clothes.

What does everyone store their shampoo bars or soap in so that it doesn't become a soggy mess? Or do you leave it out somewhere to dry before packing it away again?
I store mine in a tin purchased where I get my bars. After showering I take the bar and tin to my bunk, set the bar on its side inside the tin to air dry. When relaxing on my bed the smell from the bar lingers. It’s quite nice. Oh and before Camino I’ll cut a piece of parchment to place at the bottom inside the tin. Helps prevent the bar from sticking if still damp.
IMG_4725.jpeg

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
use a chunk of shampoo bar for the shower and then small squares of laundry detergent sheets for my clothes.
I do the same. I have been using Breezeo laundry detergent strips on Camino for several years. I cut the strips in half. They get my clothes clean without making a lot of suds that I have to rinse out.

There is a Spanish soap bar Heno de Pravia? they come in minis (like hotel size) and are available in most Tiendas. I used to buy some to bring home. Now I intend to bring a small piece of Savon De Marseille, or a Soap/shampoo Bar (I've got a selection) use for everything.

I use the Matador flatpack soap bar case- it really does work! I keep a small piece of shampoo bar, conditioner, and body soap in it. They last a long time. You can buy it from Matador or REI.

cheaper at REI

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
You’ll find lost or abandoned shampoos in most Albergue shower rooms. Carrying your own personal stash is almost pointless in that you will, at some point, leave it behind.
And if not, you can buy it in almost all villages of Spain. Why waste space/weight bringing it from another country?

I used this and it worked like a charm.

Bought mine at sports store here in Canada and available on amazon.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have some old Gortex jackets in a drawer, awaiting some use. (We are typical old people with a houseful of items we can't bring ourselves to throw away because they might - just might - be useful some day.

I think I will make a little waterproof breathable case for my half-bar of shampoo soap! AT US$28 each, I might consider taking orders! 😂

I have some old Gortex jackets in a drawer, awaiting some use. (We are typical old people with a houseful of items we can't bring ourselves to throw away because they might - just might - be useful some day.

I think I will make a little waterproof breathable case for my half-bar of shampoo soap! AT US$28 each, I might consider taking orders! 😂
Lol. I’m one of those old people too but had no gortex 😂 In 2019 when i bought it, it was $14CDN 😳

I used half a shampoo bar and 1/3 of a conditioner bar. You need to apply to damp hair and not leave the bars in or under water as they melt away easily. Let the bars air dry after use. I keep them in a small nylon net bag - hung over the bunk rails.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I’m one of those old people too but had no gortex
See?! You should have kept that old jacket from 1980.

I keep them in a small net bag - hung over the bunk rails.
I do that too, but it requires a bit of attention so as to avoid dripping on the bed, or leaving it behind, and also means that I have to avoid using soap in the morning! The net gives a nice scrubbing effect, so I'll keep that but add the removable Gortex case around it. Very complex engineering involved in the design - enough to keep me busy all year, so the price may go up. First I need to finish making the silk tubular scarf that will also serve as a pillow case.

The small draw-string cloth bags that come FREE with each pack of reusable soap nuts (natural alternative to noxious washing powder) make ideal containers for soggy soap bars.

See?! You should have kept that old jacket from 1980.

I do that too, but it requires a bit of attention so as to avoid dripping on the bed, or leaving it behind, and also means that I have to avoid using soap in the morning! The net gives a nice scrubbing effect, so I'll keep that but add the removable Gortex case around it. Very complex engineering involved in the design - enough to keep me busy all year, so the price may go up. First I need to finish making the silk tubular scarf that will also serve as a pillow case.
Yes - I had to be very careful each morning to pack the nylon net bag. I never used the net bag in the shower - just as a holder/drying bag.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
All of this talk of wet soap bars and discussion on how to store them and dry them seems a big nuscience to me. My 4 oz. plastic travel bottle filled with the liquid soap of choice is much easier to deal with...no thought involved at all!

Bought mine at sports store here in Canada and available on amazon.
REI carries them. I use one for body soap & shampoo bar and another for laundry bar.

I have been using the HiBar brand travel-sized shampoo and conditioner bars I found on Amazon plus a tiny portion of a bar of Dr. Bronner’s baby soap stored in the Matador flat-pack case as others have shown above. For clothes-washing I found that most places I stayed had the detergent already provided, or I used the local lavanderia which automatically adds detergent. I do bring some detergent sheets cut into quarters and stored in a ziplock on the off chance that I need some for hand-washing.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
:::: chuckle:::: Oddly enough, the sample size shampoo and laundry bars were noticeably lighter than even the 3 Oz travel shampoo. That got left behind after day 1. ;)

I must be precious. I buy a travel size shampoo and conditioner otherwise my hair would be a big knot. I do only shampoo once and then conditioner.
I wash my hair every day on the camino as it gets knotty. I don't bring a dress that's my excuse. I also take nivea
Same here… I have just past shoulder length, thick, curly hair, nothing but my way too expensive shampoo and conditioner will do. It’s a pain, but better than ending up with a head full of something resembling fairy floss!

I keep mine in the packing it comes in. Then store it in a zip lock with the rest of my washing stuff.

Same here… I have just past shoulder length, thick, curly hair, nothing but my way too expensive shampoo and conditioner will do. It’s a pain, but better than ending up with a head full of something resembling fairy floss!
Me too what do you take? For my first Camino I had very very short hair but shoulder length now and very curly. Debating what to take.

Me too what do you take? For my first Camino I had very very short hair but shoulder length now and very curly. Debating what to take.
Whatever you decide on, try it out at home. I have long (well past my shoulders), thick, wavy hair and I use shampoo and conditioner bars from @JillGat. I use the shampoo bar to wash my body too. I don't shampoo my hair every day on the Camino - I usually just rinse it and run the conditioner bar through it.

I could use the shampoo bar to wash my clothes too, but I use this method:

I use a ultralight 12 liter Osprey dry bag (weighs 1.2 oz/34 gm) as my portable washing machine.

I put my clothes in it as I'm getting into the shower with water from the shower as it's warming up. Then I add half of a laundry detergent sheet (some brands are Breezeo and Tru Earth)
Then I seal it up and give it a few shakes. I set it aside for everything to soak while I shower and dress.
Then I shake it a bit more to agitate the clothes in the bag before dumping it out in the laundry sink and rinsing. If I'm in a private room with my own bathroom I use the tub or shower. The detergent sheets don't make a lot of suds, but get the clothes clean and it's easy to rinse out.

It's a good idea to rinse out your socks before putting them in the bag as they can be really dirty.

After wringing the clothes out as best I can I wrap them in my towel and twist it to get out more water before hanging them to dry.

Because of the long soaking time method gets my clothes cleaner with less effort than when I used just the laundry sinks or tubs.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Whatever you decide on, try it out at home. I have long (well past my shoulders), thick, wavy hair and I use shampoo and conditioner bars from @JillGat. I use the shampoo bar to wash my body too. I don't shampoo my hair every day on the Camino - I usually just rinse it and run the conditioner bar through it.

Thanks Trecile, yes I don't shampoo every day but use conditioner. Would love to try @JillGat but in Oz. I did read about your clothes washing idea some time ago and have a dry bag I'm taking this time. Will see how it goes. Thanks for you ideas.

I use these from Matador & really like them. No mess and soap dries while inside. Very light-weight. A tad pricey.

:::: chuckle:::: Oddly enough, the sample size shampoo and laundry bars were noticeably lighter than even the 3 Oz travel shampoo. That got left behind after day 1. ;)

Reminds me of shopping in a Farmcia on the Invierno for a replacement 'small' tube of toothpaste.

No smaller I ask......
No smaller.......too heavy........

The assistant opened a drawer of tiny toothpaste tubes.
"Perfect" I respond!

"Take one" she says.
These are samples........

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The small draw-string cloth bags that come FREE with each pack of reusable soap nuts (natural alternative to noxious washing powder) make ideal containers for soggy soap bars.
Furiously googling "reusable soap nuts"... 🤩

I was almost sold on the Matador soap container until I watched this video:

I will stick with wrapping my shampoo and conditioner bars in a small piece of microfiber fabric and putting them into ziplock baggies.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was almost sold on the Matador soap container until I watched this video:

I will stick with wrapping my shampoo and conditioner bars in a small piece of microfiber fabric and putting them into ziplock baggies.
The soap he did the original test on (Dove) is a really soft soap. I use that brand of at home because it is very dry here in Wyoming and it does not dry my skin out as much as deoderant soaps and/or other harder soaps. On the Camino I use a harder shampoo bar. I just lather it up in my hands and use on my hair and body. I usually don't set my soap in the water like he did for 20 minutes. I am a 3-minute, Army-shower kind of gal. I don't set my soap in the water stream, but to one side of it. Anyway, my plastic ziplock bag works well for me and if it gets too yucky or I forget it somewhere, I can replace it more easily than waiting for an Amazon delivery somewhere on the Camino. I'm sure the Matador bag works well for others, but I don't think I will be getting one.

I agree that the video didn't simulate the way that I use my shampoo bar in the shower, but it was interesting that it didn't seem to keep the soap that much drier than the zip lock bag alone.

For your dry-bag-laundry method, how long does it take the dry bag to dry out enough to use it to hold other things when you're back on the walk? (That is, are you able to use it as a dry bag the next day to protect clothes?)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
For your dry-bag-laundry method, how long does it take the dry bag to dry out enough to use it to hold other things when you're back on the walk? (That is, are you able to use it as a dry bag the next day to protect clothes?)
It dries really fast - faster than my clothes usually. After it's dry on one side I turn it inside out to dry.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I use soap mesh bag. Brought a small hook to hang my stuffs in shower cubicle, use the same to dry my soap whn I put my laundry out to dry. Store in ziplock bag. Voila.

Well, as much as I feel like I'm deliberating, I'm not really...it will have to be my good shampoo, conditioner and leave in moisturiser to tame the 'beast'. I'll take the little 100ml travel bottles again this April, however, I will have to take two of the conditioner as one was not enough last time. Just made it with the shampoo, skimped on the conditioner and leave-in last time. This also meant only washing my hair every three or four days which is not ideal when it's hot, however, as you would know it's also hard to get thick, curly hair to dry quickly in the afternoon and cooler night hours without a hairdryer. Helps to put hair up and under a hat to help with keeping clean. I realise to others it sounds a bit precious, but, it's not negotiable for me.

Last autumn i had short spiky hair, didn't bring a comb. Didn't comb my hair for almost 2 months 😅 🙈

I've used these on a recent 4-day hike on the New Zealand Kepler Track and they were perfect. No wet, gunky soap and the little dry-bags are lightweight and easy to use. Water vapour from the soap evaporates but water droplets can't leak out.

The soap he did the original test on (Dove) is a really soft soap. I use that brand of at home because it is very dry here in Wyoming and it does not dry my skin out as much as deoderant soaps and/or other harder soaps. On the Camino I use a harder shampoo bar. I just lather it up in my hands and use on my hair and body. I usually don't set my soap in the water like he did for 20 minutes. I am a 3-minute, Army-shower kind of gal. I don't set my soap in the water stream, but to one side of it. Anyway, my plastic ziplock bag works well for me and if it gets too yucky or I forget it somewhere, I can replace it more easily than waiting for an Amazon delivery somewhere on the Camino. I'm sure the Matador bag works well for others, but I don't think I will be getting one.
I used the Matador bag on a recent 4-day hike and it works FAR better than a zip lock bag. The soap I used was a small piece of Syrian Tade soap (in one bag), and a small piece of a hair shampoo bar plus a small piece of hair conditioner bar in another. My soap dried out in the bags and wasn't gunky at all. I only took small pieces so had no problem rolling the Matador bag the suggested 3 rolls. My small pieces of soap last a LONG time, so the small size of the Matador bags wasn't a problem for me, but if you take a huge bar of soap it might not work for you.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I've used these on a recent 4-day hike on the New Zealand Kepler Track and they were perfect. No wet, gunky soap and the little dry-bags are lightweight and easy to use. Water vapour from the soap evaporates but water droplets can't leak out.

That looks really good. I was about to get it but the cost to ship to Canada more than doubled the price! For something so lightweight, it sure is expensive to ship.

That looks really good. I was about to get it but the cost to ship to Canada more than doubled the price! For something so lightweight, it sure is expensive to ship.
You can get a Matador Flatpak Soap Bar Case from Amazon Canada for $24 CAD. (The USD price from the Matador site is $14 USD, which is $19 CAD, so you pay $5 CAD extra to Amazon for the convenience).

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That's a lot better than the $32+ USD I was being quoted by the Matador site!
Yep, plus if you get something else you need/want from Amazon for another... $11.01 or more, then you get free shipping to most parts of Canada.

I use Dawn dishwashing soap for shampoo/laundry/shower.
I use Dawn dishwashing soap for shampoo/laundry/shower.
I'm glad it works for you, but for most people, using dish soap on their skin and especially on their hair would cause a lot of damage. Dawn is designed to remove grease and oil and the pH is about 8.7 to 9.3. Human hair does best with products that are pH 4.5 to 6 at the highest.

I make shampoo bars that are sudsy and cleansing, but gentle and at the proper pH for hair. Now if you compare them to some salon shampoos that claim to be "moisturizing", they won't be the same, because salon shampoos contain silicones and other products that make your hair feel soft, but really cause build-up on your hair. My conditioner bar is what adds moisturizing and conditioning back in the hair. It contains coconut oil, Abyssian oil, Jojoba oil, cocoa butter and baobab protein. The conditioner bar is the main reason I started making these things because I couldn't find small bottles of hair conditioner in Spain and I need it to get a comb through my hair.

To be clear, I don't sell these products for a profit. They are complicated and expensive to make. I charge enough to buy ingredients to make more!
Carry on!

€149,-
@JillGat, do you have a website to view your products? Possibly I would be interested in them for home use.
I can attest to the quality of Jill's shampoo and conditioner bars. They are what I use at home and on the Camino. She's on Etsy.

I'm sticking with my Ziplock sandwich bag...
Well if it's good enough for a sandwich it should be good enough for soap, lol. After much deliberation last year and not knowing about the Matador Flat Pack I finally decided on the ziplock sandwich bag which worked fine. I had the Dr. Bronner all in one bar. Sandwich bag again this year but with a shampoo bar and the micro fibre that Trecile mentioned. I stay in a private room once in a while so won't be using my soap everyday.

€83,-
I bought a small bottle of conditioner in the pharmacy on the CF twice last October no problem. Travel size.

I'm glad it works for you, but for most people, using dish soap on their skin and especially on their hair would cause a lot of damage. Dawn is designed to remove grease and oil
I've used it for decades but I do have oily skin and hair.

Yes, shipping prices are getting ridiculous, but I actually found a supplier in Australia and bundled them with some other items I needed, so shipping to NZ this time was reasonable.

Yes, shipping prices are getting ridiculous, but I actually found a supplier in Australia and bundled them with some other items I needed, so shipping to NZ this time was reasonable.
Even shipping within the US is ridiculously expensive. I sent a small box to an address in my own town and it cost $8 US. The box I sent to Canada cost around $24, I believe.

And I throw in some freebies for Camino walkers! So be sure to identify yourself if you buy anything from my site.
Ok, but first I have to look the website over and then decide what fragrance I prefer. I don't have paypal, but assume a credit card works ok and is secure. I would not be placing an order until March as I am out of town now. Thanks!

€149,-
I am on a list to get all these items people are trying to launch. All kinds of gadgets from electric scooters to quick dry towels. I bought a wool dress from one startup and now I am on their "regular's" list, I guess. Anyway, Today, this washing bag showed up. Sounds a lot like the "Next Gen" version of @trecile 's drybag washing method.

I am on a list to get all these items people are trying to launch. All kinds of gadgets from electric scooters to quick dry towels. I bought a wool dress from one startup and now I am on their "regular's" list, I guess. Anyway, Today, this washing bag showed up. Sounds a lot like the "Next Gen" version of @trecile 's drybag washing method.
Wow, that's expensive!
I got the idea of using a lightweight dry bag after I learned about the Scrubba, which weighs quite a bit more, and is expensive. There are quite a few videos on YouTube showing how to launder in a dry bag, or even a large Zip lock bag.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Wow, that's expensive!
I got the idea of using a lightweight dry bag after I learned about the Scrubba, which weighs quite a bit more, and is expensive. There are quite a few videos on YouTube showing how to launder in a dry bag, or even a large Zip lock bag.
Tell me - or point me to a link - about this dry bag system?

Tell me - or point me to a link - about this dry bag system?
I've posted it before:
Here's my method:

I use a ultralight 12 liter Osprey dry bag (weighs 1.2 oz/34 gm) as my portable washing machine.

I put my clothes in it as I'm getting into the shower with water from the shower as it's warming up. Then I add half of a laundry detergent sheet (some brands are Breezeo and Tru Earth)
Then I seal it up and give it a few shakes. I set it aside for everything to soak while I shower and dress.
Then I shake it a bit more to agitate the clothes in the bag before dumping it out in the laundry sink and rinsing. If I'm in a private room with my own bathroom I use the tub or shower. The detergent sheets don't make a lot of suds, but get the clothes clean and it's easy to rinse out.

It's a good idea to rinse out your socks before putting them in the bag as they can be really dirty.

After wringing the clothes out as best I can I wrap them in my towel and twist it to get out more water before hanging them to dry.

Because of the long soaking time method gets my clothes cleaner with less effort than when I used just the laundry sinks or tubs.

Got my shampoo bars from @JillGat today. They look and smell good. I don't use conditioner as my hair is fine and short. She sent me a citrus and a rosemary mint in two round containers with screw on lids. She also sent handwritten instructions and a little pad to dry them on after the shower.

So excited to have these as my last shampoo bar was from Great Clips in the men's section. I didn't like it much for either hair or my body, but I am too cheap to throw it away. I will give the remaining half bar to Phil. He is bald, but can use it as body soap. Thanks @JillGat!

20240221_164054.jpg20240221_164039.jpg20240221_164023.jpg

€83,-
I have tried so many shampoo bars and have now given up - none of them work well on my hair. So I will be taking a travel size bottle of shampoo which I will replenish from abandoned shampoo bottles in the hostels! Then a good old bar of soap for all my other washing needs

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.