Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A Coruna

Caligal

Camino(s) past & future
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CF Sept 10-27 2019
CP Sept 28- Oct12 2019
C Finisterre Oct 16-Oct 20
I am starting my Camino Sept. 14 in Pamplona, I have 7 weeks and planning Frances to Ponferrada then train to Porto, the CP to Santiago, then the SdC- Finisterre - Muxia citrcuit! Last night my son asked me about the”Tower of Hercules” and if I will see the oldest lighthouse in the world!! Well I didnt know anything about it or it’s location so google to the rescue!! Now I realize it would/ could be doable! I’m thinking talking train or bus, would I be able to get there spend a night then get back to Santiago the next day? And if i could when would i do that? In between the CP and F-M- SdC or at the end before i head home? Your opinion matters, I’ve gotten so much good advice on the Forum. Thanks Dee

frontiers

Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2010)
Portugués (2016)
Inglés (2019)
I am starting my Camino Sept. 14 in Pamplona, I have 7 weeks and planning Frances to Ponferrada then train to Porto, the CP to Santiago, then the SdC- Finisterre - Muxia citrcuit! Last night my son asked me about the”Tower of Hercules” and if I will see the oldest lighthouse in the world!! Well I didnt know anything about it or it’s location so google to the rescue!! Now I realize it would/ could be doable! I’m thinking talking train or bus, would I be able to get there spend a night then get back to Santiago the next day? And if i could when would i do that? In between the CP and F-M- SdC or at the end before i head home? Your opinion matters, I’ve gotten so much good advice on the Forum. Thanks Dee
From Santiago you have trains pretty much every 30 - 45 mins, which take just about 30 mins to A Coruña. It is a pretty city and, in my opinion, it might be worth spending a little bit more than just an evening. Regarding when, I wouldn’t know what to say. Enjoy it all!

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I love A Coruña, and spent three nights there after my second Camino. There is a fantastic walkway, the paseo marítimo along the coast around the city, and many interesting sights along it including the Tower of Hercules, beautiful beaches, a sculpture garden, a spherical glass funicular that goes down the hill from a lovely park, and more. In the central old Town area there are great tapas bars. As @frontiers said, it's only half hour by train from Santiago.

Check out pictures on Google

Bogong

Camino(s) past & future
First, March 2014
This is another marvellous Spanish city. Try to spend a few days there. John Lennon sits in the park just near the Tourist Bureau, and there are some great Art Galleries and Museums including the house where Pablo Picasso spent some of his growing up years. It's where the Spanish Armada sailed from. It's also where the now-worldwide Zara boutique chain started.

De Colores

Bogong

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017 SJPDP to Trabadelo
Norte /Primitivo 2019
Planned Frances/Invierno April/May 2020
I agree with Trecile and Bogong. I suggest that you go there for several days at the end of your Camino.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Agreeing with all of the above. And if you only have a day, it's still easily do-able by train back and forth from SdC. Better yet, take the train there, enjoy the city for as long as you want, and then walk the Ingles back to SdC!

Attachments

Caligal

Camino(s) past & future
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CF Sept 10-27 2019
CP Sept 28- Oct12 2019
C Finisterre Oct 16-Oct 20
Agreeing with all of the above. And if you only have a day, it's still easily do-able by train back and forth from SdC. Better yet, take the train there, enjoy the city for as long as you want, and then walk the Ingles back to SdC!
Hmmmm! That could work! How many days from A Coruna to SdC?

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
Go see John Moore’s grave also and read the poem.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock