• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A long (winding) road.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Likely my last photos posted to this thread. I've gone through them all.

This one shows where the camino runs without showing the camino, at least in the foreground.
D03600-HOR.jpg

This one doesn't qualify by itself but because of similarities with the above I'm posting it here. The location is rather surprising so I'm going to put its description behind the clickable spoiler icon.
D16100-HOR.jpg

The photo above is a crop of a telephoto of pilgrims walking into Burgos on the alternative way into town known as the river walk. It was taken south of the Burgos airport before getting to the river from an alternative way south of the alternative. The location was about here:
Screenshot_20240216-105610.png

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Likely my last photos posted to this thread. I've gone through them all.

This one shows where the camino runs without showing the camino, at least in the foreground.
View attachment 164338

This one doesn't qualify by itself but because of similarities with the above I'm posting it here. The location is rather surprising so I'm going to put its description behind the clickable spoiler icon.
View attachment 164339

The photo above is a crop of a telephoto of pilgrims walking into Burgos on the alternative way into town known as the river walk. It was taken south of the Burgos airport before getting to the river from an alternative way south of the alternative. The location was about here:
View attachment 164340
Keep going in the 1 per day R&P .. none of this quitting talk

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This is your sign. Time for another Camino.
😎👣🌻 those last two photos …. WOW!!
Thank you. I think I lost thousands of shots of the CF when an SD card snapped (discovered in Muxia). Only some were backed up and not all that were saved were my best. I got over it quickly when I realized that I've got millions of other great shots here and elsewhere on the Internet. So, thank you all for sharing them.

As for another Camino, I've been plotting out the Camino Ricardo, a hybrid of sections of the Levante, Madrid, Levante again and then south on the VdlP. I'll be asking for advice and help in the future. I may ship Peg off to Italy for the duration. Neither Spain nor Italy will be happening this year.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If it indeed turned out to be much tamer than you expected ?
I spent the better part of the afternoon once in Zegama nervously looking up with a kind of morbid fascination.
The next morning early:
IMG_1013.JPG
gulp.. . . . .
My comrade in arms was sadly not feeling well and had to go ahead on wheels, the only good thing being that she could take quite a bit of weight off my back. Setting out the next morning those mountains were still looming above the road ahead, not looking a meter less tall!

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Camino Frances
Zubiri
calle Puente de la Rabia, 4

photo taken January 26, 2009

snowy Zubiri.jpg

This view of the snowy camino path was taken through a window from the warmth of the Pension Usoa interior that cold January afternoon.
I had descended alone safely via route N135; hidden under ice and snow the camino had been far too dangerous to follow!

Last edited:
Vasco 2019.
One step at a time, up and up. Already having done some steady climbing and being a ways up, those peaks don't look any smaller. Just closer. But at this point working too hard to waste energy on anxiety. Happy to pause to take a photo. And to be amazed. The view was fabulous.
One step, one step...
20190521_083248.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm back. But not with anything of mine. This morning I came across a video presentation of Loreena McKennitt's Never-ending Road and I thought it appropriate to share with this thread. I sought out a version with lyrics and was doubly lucky; I found one with the lyrics in English and with a Spanish translation. I am disappointed with the visuals though.

YouTube video id: y0Pe87Y12gE
English lyrics at: https://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858637492/

Yesterday I was presented with this very short video that @FourSeasons might find delightful. A YouTube search for Eirik Solheim Year will bring up others with different locations and durations.

YouTube video id: lmIFXIXQQ_E

Finally, in @VNwalking's picture just above I find difficult to distinguish between the mountains and the clouds. It looks like she is on the road to ascend into heaven.

Camino Invierno, June 10, 2019.
Soon after leaving Las Medulas, I took a wrong turn, leading to the village of Yeres which was not on the the camino! With the direction of some kind people in Yeres, I happily continued on this quiet road with beautiful views along an alternate way to Puente de Domingo de Flóres.

B49D00A2-084D-45A3-A111-605611A43066.jpeg

I'm back. But not with anything of mine. This morning I came across a video presentation of Loreena McKennitt's Never-ending Road and I thought it appropriate to share with this thread. I sought out a version with lyrics and was doubly lucky; I found one with the lyrics in English and with a Spanish translation. I am disappointed with the visuals though.

YouTube video id: y0Pe87Y12gE
English lyrics at: https://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858637492/

Yesterday I was presented with this very short video that @FourSeasons might find delightful. A YouTube search for Eirik Solheim Year will bring up others with different locations and durations.

YouTube video id: lmIFXIXQQ_E

Finally, in @VNwalking's picture just above I find difficult to distinguish between the mountains and the clouds. It looks like she is on the road to ascend into heaven.
Thank you! 😊 Yes, it was very delightful, spectacular even.

Finisterre
photo taken December 9, 2011 am

Finisterre  2011.jpg

Just after dawn walking the final kilometers winding along the sea to Finisterre I silently offered my heartfelt thanks for all that had been and for all those that had helped to make it so.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@Robo in post #360:
2023-05-21-08-46-10-jpg.164848

@Rick of Rick and Peg in post #74 and 1,842 forum pictures earlier:
t10200-hor-jpg.163006

Camino Frances
Hontanas

photo taken February 26, 2007

Hontanas 26 02 2007.JPG

Upon arrival Hontanas appeared deserted; the air was bitter cold and no one was about
For me, this is my iconic, best day on the CF: Starting early from Hornillos del Camino, having a long walk and then seeing the bell tower in Hontanas suddenly rising up from nothing, knowing there will be a good rest there with refreshment, before continuing to St. Anton (another refreshment break) and admiring the ruins, then walking into Castrojeriz and stopping for the (short) day, sitting in the Plaza Mayor with a cold beer, watching pilgrims go by to climb the Alto del Mostelares in the afternoon heat, in stead of taking it early next morning.

Leaving Porto along the lovely river route. Caminho Português da Costa. July 30, 2015

View attachment 164911
Similar shot for me, from October 1, 2018. As you can see, there was some very localized fog around the bridge ahead which made for a very interesting photo when I got there. There are no filters or any manipulation involved in the second photo I am sharing.
20181001_093404.jpg 20181001_094923.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Vilariño to Penasillas on the Camino Inveirno. May 2023
Looking down at the bridge over the River Miño at Belesar.

What goes down, must come up!
Elevation was 400m down, and 300m up the other side.
From the far side of the bridge you can see the path heading up to the right at about a 30 degree slope.
It passes a small building, then turns left up through the trees on an old Roman road.
The Romans took animal drawn carts up that hill! I don't know how....it was hard just walking.

Attachments

• 2023-05-11 10.11.01.jpg
    2023-05-11 10.11.01.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
it was hard just walking.
Poor oxen - or whoever was pulling those carts. It was steep!

Back on the Vasco, not so steep now. Nearing the top of the main climb, finally. There's a bit more to come, but the worst is done! It was a stiff 3 hour climb to be sure. But fear had overplayed the challenge, as always.
20190521_100128.jpg

My favourite place to stay - Hospederia San Martin Pinario, Santiago de Compostela. March 19, 2017. If it's available I always like to stay in Room 420 (a most beautiful view) at the very end of that long corridor. Bright enough in the day like this photo but a bit spooky at night. The corridor is dark and lit by motion sensor lights, one by one as you step forward... or it was in 2017 :)

IMG_0882.jpeg

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Camino Frances. September 12, 2023. Between Villamajor de Monjardin and Los Arcos. A little further on, there was a food truck stop with picnic tables. There were two people sitting at a table that I recognized as the people in the photo. A mother and son from Virginia. I was happy to be able to give them the photo. Another interesting thing about that stop... the food truck was run by a Canadian couple who were from a town about 40 km from where I live! They also ran a cafe in Viana - I stopped in to see them when I went through.

IMG_0038.jpeg

Camino Frances
down into El Acebo

photo taken March 12, 2007

down into El Acebo  .JPG

What a relief it was to see the hamlet come into view at last.
Snap, from 2023.

IMG_20230715_121720939_HDR.jpg

A little bit earlier on the trail is a very special place for me, in 2019 I almost gave up at the earlier spot. When I eventually continued I remember seeing this view and it confirmed that I was going to finish.

Last edited:

€83,-

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.