• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A long (winding) road.

DoughnutANZ

Ka whati te tai ka kai te tōreapango
Time of past OR future Camino
2019, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027 & 2028.
I love photos that show the Camino path ahead or behind. Especially photos with a long perspective. These photos seem to draw me into them.

I am wondering if anyone else shares my delight in these photos and so I have created this thread as a place to share them.

Please minimise your photos if you add them. Please also let us know the approximate area where the photo was taken. You could also add the date if you wish or not at your preference.

I will start it off with three of my favourites and will add others from time to time. 😊

IMG_20230713_084956162_HDR.jpg IMG_20230705_105348064_HDR.jpg IMG_20190630_095926320.jpg
1 West of Santibáñez de Valdeiglesias, Camino Frances
2 South of Grajal de Campos, Camino Madrid
3 Triacastela, Camino Frances

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I love photos that show the Camino path ahead or behind. Especially photos with a long perspective. These photos seem to draw me into them.

I am wondering if anyone else shares my delight in these photos and so I have created this thread as a place to share them.

Please minimise your photos if you add them. Please also let us know the approximate area where the photo was taken. You could also add the date if you wish or not at your preference.

I will start it off with three of my favourites and will add others from time to time. 😊

View attachment 162837 View attachment 162838 View attachment 162839
Have also a few. Many from allmost exactly the same spot as the ones in this thread 😁.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Excellent idea for a thread, DoughnutANZ! These types of views create in me an irresistible urge to move forward and explore the world.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your wonderful photos.

IMG_1093.jpeg

I took loads of photos, this perspective was one of my favorites. This was my first, just before I reached Auberge Borda, looking back towards SJPdP.

Attachments

• 20230830_105802.jpg
    20230830_105802.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 91
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
20240130_172405.jpgI have this picture of the Via de la Plata (10 kilometers before Salamanca as a wallpaper. Just to reminder me I can "get on the road again" When I want do. ( on april 3 I will start in Sevilla again and hope to reach salamanca again, my favourite city on the VdlP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the Caminos you listed, do you have a favorite?

Hi Debora,

The first that I walked was the Francés and I have fond impressions of it seeing it was my first pilgrimage and all was new and exciting ( or less but you understand ;) ).
I did like the Portugues from Porto because I was able to walk it during a regular holidaytime and it was long enough to get into the " pilgrimvibe ".
The most gorgeous Camino in terms of nature and landscape ( and food and restaurants ) was the Camino Vasco Interior.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Can you explain how to do that please, SabsP?

When you are typing a post you can see " attach files " When you have uploaded a pic the pic will appear and you will have the choice to click on thumbnail or on full image. Choose the thumbnail.
It is easier to view for those here with slower internet.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
How about a little Camino Finisterre?
20220630_111743.jpg 20220630_113744.jpg 20220630_150838.jpg
20220701_123118-jpg.162966

Attachments

• 20220701_123118.jpg
    20220701_123118.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220701_123118.jpg
    20220701_123118.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 462
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am loving seeing your photos! Here are a couple of mine. The first two are on the Frances in September 2021 and the last on Ingles in October 23.

Attachments

• logrono to najera.jpg
    logrono to najera.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 41
  • to Carrion de  los condes.jpg
    to Carrion de los condes.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 37
  • bruma to siguero.jpg
    bruma to siguero.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
View attachment 162929I have this picture of the Via de la Plata (10 kilometers before Salamanca as a wallpaper. Just to reminder me I can "get on the road again" When I want do. ( on april 3 I will start in Sevilla again and hope to reach salamanca again, my favourite city on the VdlP.
This is so cool to have it as wall paper, beautiful idea 😍

I think this was after Villamayor de Monjardin in April 2015:
2015 After Villamayor de Monjardin.JPG 15 minutes later down the winding road.jpg

Approaching Villamayor de Monjardin (I have taken multiple photos of this scene over the years; one of my favorites on the CF).

IMG_8960 (2).JPG

The road seems a bit longer when it's wet and windy (purchased an Altus poncho in Santo Domingo the next day :) and donated this one to a soaked cyclist. It probably didn't do her much good in the wind):
Camino 2017.jpg2017.jpg

Thank you DoughnutANZ for an excuse to procrastinate and relive favorite memories (even the wet ones).

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am completely blown away by these beautiful photographs and the combined talents of this forum.

Muchas gracias!

It was a gorgeous sight to wake up to this morning.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I love this thread! These are my favorite type of Camino photos and I’d add to the thread but I have so many, yet I regret not taking more.

I do love, that when on the Camino, when someone starts to take these kinds of pictures people respectfully step aside or pause to let you get your shot. It’s like an unspoken rule of courtesy. No one questions why you are taking a picture of a dirt path, they appreciate that you see something beautiful because they do too.

Day 3 at 1:30 of my walk from Barcelona to Monserrat. I have to go halfway up. This would normally be the only shot I'd post for this walk but ...
IMG_20191021_133039-01.jpeg

two hours earlier I took this one when I stopped at a boulder to eat. Not too bad. @DoughnutANZ said we could look behind us too. Ten minutes after stopping here I did because ...
IMG_20191021_113005-02.jpeg

I had visitors. There were a few more too.
IMG_20191021_114316-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

DoughnutANZ,

Thank you so much for starting your wonderful new thread which has inspired so many posted camino photos of "long trails (winding)". Bravo!

As we all recall our favorite views I wonder if your title comes from a memory of the chorus of the song The Long, Long Trail .

Written in 1913 with lyrics by Stoddard King and music by Alonzo "Zo" Elliot when both were at Yale Collège this song rallied English-speaking troops throughout the western front during World War I.

Chorus
.."There's a long, long trail a-winding
Into the land of my dreams,
Where the nightingales are singing
And a white moon beams.
There's a long, long night of waiting

Until my dreams all come true;
Till the day when I'll be going down
That long, long trail with you."

Last edited:

€46,-
DoughnutANZ,

Thank you so much for starting your wonderful new thread which has inspired so many posted camino photos of "long trails (winding)". Bravo!

As we all recall our favorite views I wonder if your title comes from a memory of the chorus of the song The Long, Long Trail .

Chorus
.."There's a long, long trail a-winding
Into the land of my dreams,
Where the nightingales are singing
And a white moon beams.
There's a long, long night of waiting

Until my dreams all come true;
Till the day when I'll be going down
That long, long trail with you."

What a beautiful song and a beautiful thought from you 💕. Thank you!

I probably had this song in mind though:

The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before
It always leads me here
Leads me to your door

The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears
Crying for the day
Why leave me standing here?
Let me know the way.

By the Beatles.

The "Road" represents many different metaphors for me though including the obvious connection with life as a journey and my search for truth and, in particular, one step along that way.

There is another powerful metaphor for me that speaks of love lost or just out of reach.

The imagery in this thread, the songs mentioned and the following poem seems to encapsulate all these things for me.

When the Lotus opened, I didn't notice and walked away empty handed.

Only now and again do I suddenly sit up from my dreams to smell a strange fragrance. It comes on the south wind, a vague hint that makes me ache with longing, like the eager breath of summer wanting to be completed. I didn't know what was so near, or that it was mine.

Rabindranath Tagore

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.