• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A long (winding) road.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Puente La Reina-Gares
calle del Crucifijo
night

photo taken October 23, 2013

Puente La Reina, night.jpg

Walking alone along the deserted Calle Crucifijo produced a personal frisson on a cold October night. The Calle is named for the Iglesia del Crucifijo on the right/north side of the view.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
@Robo you have a great eye for spectacular photos. I hope that you have saved them somewhere with a good description where others can enjoy them after you "move on". ❤️

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
@Robo you have a great eye for spectacular photos. I hope that you have saved them somewhere with a good description where others can enjoy them after you "move on". ❤️
I haven't...... (only on my Blog, as a day by day gallery, but no descriptions) :oops:
But I'm glad you like them..... (maybe I can add a few more to the media tab here)

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Camino Frances
Villamayor de Monjardín
Fuente de los Moros

photo taken October 26, 2013

Fuente de los Moros.jpg

After a rather steep winding climb from Azqueta I arrived at the 13th c. fontain; in the near distance along the path rose the tower of the Iglesia de San Andrés Apóstol.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@mspath
Did you (or anyone else posting on this thread) walk up to the ruins?

I wanted to do so but was nursing my sick child.
Chinacat,
No, I never have successfully climbed up. This 2014 photo was shot looking back at the hill after I had descended from Villamayor at dawn. Next year ie. in 2015 I tried to climb up but got lost/ confused where a dirt path breaks off from calle el Calvario and turned back.

Chinacat,
No, I never have successfully climbed up. This 2014 photo was shot looking back at the hill after I had descended from Villamayor at dawn. Next year ie. in 2015 I tried to climb up but got lost/ confused where a dirt path breaks off from calle el Calvario and turned back.

😕

The name of the path might suggest the difficulties associated with getting to the top.

Despite the elevation, I imagined it would be easy to get lost up there.
But that didn’t mean I wasn’t tempted!

We stayed in the village for 3 days and each morning I looked up at it and wondered how possible it would be to reach it.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Camino Frances
O Cebreiro

photo taken November 28, 2014

O Cebreiro 28.11.2014.jpg

Beneath the broad arch of the church porch the view of the winding path ahead was colored sepia; few pilgrims were about....I was very thankful just to be at such a beloved place on this10th and last time.

Camino France
east of the Cruz de Santo Toribio
Casa de los Dioses

photo taken November 23, 2013

Casa de los Dioses, 23.11. 2013.jpg

Directly on the winding path amidst a vast plain with sweeping vistas David Vidal created/maintained this simple pilgrim oasis. What was most plentiful was David's special spirit and unconditional selfless love.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Camino Frances
near Mañeru, 2013

photo taken October 23, 2013

near Mañeru.jpg

Although the autumn sky was heavy above these densely planted terraced fields near Mañeru walking along the paved winding path across the vingnoble was an easy pleasure.

Last edited:
Camino Muxia

photos taken December 13, 2013

Towards Muxia 2013.jpg

West of Dumbria much of the CM was solitary on remote winding forest paths. Since heavy rain and strong wind were the daily norm in December perseverance was peremptory.

Muxia, 2013.jpg

After a long, hard, wet slog what a delight it was to arrive above Muxia and at last see the sea!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
IMG_20190516_105018588.jpg

A long story cut short, when I got to the turnoff from the road on the Napoleon route I kept on going on the road rather than turning off with everyone else.

I walked around the eastern side of that hill that is there (Redoure de Leizar Atheca?) and then to Arnoztegiko Lepoa which is a lookout point on the French/Spanish border and then walked back towards the Frances Napoleon route, following the border.

This photo was taken on that part of the trail. So not officially on a Camino until I rejoined the Frances.

Camino Frances
O Cebreiro
distant landscape

photo taken November 8, 2004

view from O Cebreiro, 2004.JPG

My first time at O Cebreiro I shot this view towards distant Ponferrada to show the landscape which day after day had been so tenaciously crossed on the winding path ....It remains a memento of an intense effort.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Camino Finisterre
towards Cape Finisterre

photo taken December 9, 2011

2011 the sea.jpg

Just after dawn I walked alone the final winding kilometers along the sea towards Cape Finisterre where the world was thought to end before Columbus.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Villafranca de los Barros to Torremejia on the VdlP in April 2023.

The 'infamous' 27 kms stage without anything en route. Nothing at all.
But it's a wonderful surface and flat, so easy walking.
Great views of the distant hills in the dawn light and the workers in the fields already.

2023-04-03 07.57.01.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Between Penasillas and Rodeiro on the Camino Invierno, May 2023.

The Hermitage of Nuestra Señora del Faro is located in the center of Galicia, on a high plateau at 1,155 meters above sea level on Mount Faro. From here is the walk along the ridge line under the wind farm.

20230512_104812.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.